Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

My plan - suggestions / advice / sanity check if you have some time please!

My plan - suggestions / advice / sanity check if you have some time please!

Old Oct 20th 2008, 2:23 am
Just Joined

mrcarrot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My plan - suggestions / advice / sanity check if you have some time please!

Originally Posted by Caroline0383
Hi MrCarrot,

How is it going? How did the mariage go in Tahoe? By the way...really place to get married!

Did your wife obtain her L2?

I am planning on doing a very similar plan as my partner is moving to Miami at the end of the month and we'll get married in France in January before I apply for the L2.

Let me know if you have any advice to give.... It would be so useful!!!

Hope you are enjoying San Fran... I lived in San Jose for about a year and fell in love with this city!

Caroline
Hi Caroline,

The wedding was great thanks - the parents were a little less pleased that we were doing it without them, but they will get over it. We always spun it that we'd get married again in the UK anyway, so they wouldn't miss out on everything.

The missus is going to the embassy tomorrow as it happens - I'll let you know how it went and what she took with her etc... if she is successful

The company lawyers said that getting married post L1 application and then getting an L2 was fine - they did say that it would be preferable to get married outside of the US originally, but changed their minds after speaking with the dept of immigration so we tied the knot in Tahoe.

My only regret with this scheme is that the missus and I have been apart for 3 months - if I had to do this again, we would have got married before I left for the US.

Good luck with the wedding!

mr carrot
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

John Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really nice
Default Re: My plan - suggestions / advice / sanity check if you have some time please!

meauxna - i had no intention of discussing anything on the immigration front, as you will see i said i am a florist and i was addressing the wedding issues on a purely emotional front.

i understand fully why its not a good idea to do this.

kat