My Naturalization Journey

Old Nov 2nd 2018, 12:27 am
Just Joined

antifragile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Naturalization Journey

I'm about to apply for Naturalization. Do I need to fill out a Change of Address form (AR-11) with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to prove that I've been resident in a state for 3 months prior to filing N-400?
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Naturalization Journey

Originally Posted by antifragile
I'm about to apply for Naturalization. Do I need to fill out a Change of Address form (AR-11) with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to prove that I've been resident in a state for 3 months prior to filing N-400?
As a Permanent Resident you are supposed to notify every time you change your address, if you have been doing so then USCIS will know you are where you say you are when you file your N400.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 11:35 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

While I agree with the above that it should have already been done, better late than never. I would not include it with the package though, it should be done online.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
While I agree with the above that it should have already been done, better late than never. I would not include it with the package though, it should be done online.
Thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 3:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No. How does that prove you were living there for three months? You aren't asked to prove this on the petition for naturalization.

The above posts are correct you should have filed an AR-11 each and every time you moved house. And if you have a financial sponsor, i.e. an I-864 sponsor, they need to file an I-865 everything they move.
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 2:41 am
Just Joined

I've lived in my state of residency for years but didn't know I was suppose to file an AR-11. I'm thinking I should wait three months before filing N-400 since I just filled the AR-11 a few days ago. There's a three months residency requirement before applying, so how does USCIS verify applicants' residency if not with AR-11?

Originally Posted by Rete
No. How does that prove you were living there for three months? You aren't asked to prove this on the petition for naturalization.

The above posts are correct you should have filed an AR-11 each and every time you moved house. And if you have a financial sponsor, i.e. an I-864 sponsor, they need to file an I-865 everything they move.
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived in my state of residency for years but didn't know I was suppose to file an AR-11. I'm thinking I should wait three months before filing N-400 since I just filled the AR-11 a few days ago. There's a three months residency requirement before applying, so how does USCIS verify applicants' residency if not with AR-11?

'For years' is a fairly non specific reference. You haven't given us any hint that your address has changed other than the fact that you've filed an AR11. As for proof of residency do you not have mortgage statements or rental agreements, bank statements, utility statements, a driving licence, employer or any of the usual methods of proving where you've been for the last x months/years?
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 3:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

i know that's a requirement, but I don't recall having to prove it when my husband did the naturalization process years ago.

On the N-400, isn't there a place to list your address(es) for the past 5 years? That's probably how they know.

Rene
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

To be specific, "For years" is actually 10 years and 8 months. I've not started the process yet, just trying to get an idea of what will be needed.

Noorah you are awesome! Your answers helped immensely in guiding me when I was filing for a green card and also removal of temporary status a couple of years ago.

Thanks guys for your answers. Much appreciated.
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 6:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome!

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2018, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

To be specific, "For years" is actually 10 years and 8 months. I've not started the process yet, just trying to get an idea of what will be needed.

Noorah you are awesome! Your answers helped immensely in guiding me when I was filing for a green card and also removal of temporary status a couple of years ago.

Thanks guys for your answers. Much appreciated.
Surprisingly little is required, which kinda makes sense when you consider the reams of paperwork we have to go through for a visa. Once you scribble that A-number down and they punch it into the system they probably already know more about you than you will remember having told them!
Old Dec 17th 2018, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

According to the Guide to Naturalization, I'm suppose to include tax returns as part of my supporting documents, unless I'm applying on the basis of marriage to a USC or have taken a trip out of the country that lasted 6 months or more. However, I'm not applying on the basis of marriage to a USC nor have I taken any trip outside the United States. Does that mean that I don't have to include tax returns/transcripts with my N-400 application?
Old Dec 17th 2018, 5:00 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I did for mine based on 5 years.
Old Dec 17th 2018, 5:04 pm

Better to include them, as it demonstrates good moral character.

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2018, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

According to the Guide to Naturalization, I'm suppose to include tax returns as part of my supporting documents, unless I'm applying on the basis of marriage to a USC or have taken a trip out of the country that lasted 6 months or more. However, I'm not applying on the basis of marriage to a USC nor have I taken any trip outside the United States. Does that mean that I don't have to include tax returns/transcripts with my N-400 application?
I didn't with my N-400 but I did bring my tax transcripts for the last five years to my naturalization interview.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.