My Naturalization Journey

Old Dec 17th 2018, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Naturalization Journey

Originally Posted by rpjs
I didn't with my N-400 but I did bring my tax transcripts for the last five years to my naturalization interview.
I did this too. Wasn't asked for anything though - but YMMV, so I'd still bring them.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

antifragile is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello y'all,

I'll be going for my naturalization interview soon. Just wanted to know what questions to expect at the interview (apart from the test questions).

Thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 10:02 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You'll basically be asked all of the questions on the last part of the forms again (have you ever been associated with the communist party, for example) and not a whole lot else.

YMMV.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 10:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

And have you been out of the country since you filed your N400
Old Sep 24th 2019, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
You'll basically be asked all of the questions on the last part of the forms again (have you ever been associated with the communist party, for example) and not a whole lot else.

YMMV.
Thanks for your response
Old Sep 24th 2019, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
And have you been out of the country since you filed your N400
Thank you for your input.
Old Sep 26th 2019, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

glowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond reputeglowie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antifragile
Hello y'all,

I'll be going for my naturalization interview soon. Just wanted to know what questions to expect at the interview (apart from the test questions).

Thanks
I went for my interview yesterday. I really didn't get asked any questions besides the test questions and going through my application once again. He looked if he had all documents he needed (he didn't ask me to provide any originals either) and that was it.
Unfortunately, I was not approved on the spot ('Decision cannot yet be made'), but he said I shouldn't worry to much, he just wants to take a second look on his own time.
It took 15 minutes in total. But, and you will see that while waiting to get called for your interview, every officer is different. So while mine was really nice and straight forward, you might get one who is more suspicious and of course it always depends on your background as well, obviously. Hard to generalize.

Good luck! I hope you get approved on the spot
Old Oct 14th 2019, 3:17 am
Just Joined

Hello guys,

I am finally an American citizen and it feels amazing. My N400 application got approved last week Monday. The interview was easy and the lady who interviewed me was super nice. I've come a long way from where I began more than a decade ago, and it's been one hell of a ride. Thanks to everyone of you who answered my questions on here, especially Noorah.

God bless America!!
Old Oct 14th 2019, 4:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antifragile
Hello guys,

I am finally an American citizen and it feels amazing. My N400 application got approved last week Monday. The interview was easy and the lady who interviewed me was super nice. I've come a long way from where I began more than a decade ago, and it's been one hell of a ride. Thanks to everyone of you who answered my questions on here, especially Noorah.

God bless America!!
Congratulations! Did you actually attend an oath ceremony, or just attend the N400 interview? You won't be a USC until after the oath ceremony.

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jasskatten is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, antifragile!