My N-400 Interview

Old Aug 7th 2019, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

dava22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My N-400 Interview

Well I had my N-400 Interview yesterday but had to do my 10 year green card interview before that.
Because I was still waiting for my green card interview they said that I will have to do that one first, so my wife and I went in first for that which took about ten minutes,then the officer took my wife out and she then did my N-400 interview, did the civics test first and then the questions, this took about twenty minutes and then it was all over.
She recommended my approval and she passed it over to her supervisor for the final decision and should here in abou three weeks.
Apparently they do the two interviews together now on a regular basis if your N-400 interview comes before your green card one does.
This is in Phoenix, I don’t know about the rest of the country.

Old Aug 7th 2019, 1:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My N-400 Interview

Congratulations on your removal of conditions interview and your naturalization interview and test.

Don't know if what occurred in your case is the norm as most removal of conditions are done without interviews but so glad that you were able to accomplish both successfully in the same day.

If you don't mind, since we see few removal of conditions interviews, could you tell us what was asked of you and your wife.

Last edited by Rete; Aug 7th 2019 at 1:33 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

dava22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My N-400 Interview

Hi Rete

Well when it said interview I thought oh oh because like you said they don’t normally do interviews,but because the removal of conditions are so far behind here, I have been waiting about two years, they said that they cannot do the N-400 interview until the removal of conditions is done so they officer did one after the other.
The questions were similar to the first green card interview, they wanted to see any paperwork that I was still married like bills, mortgage statements and bank statements, any new photos and just general interviews with me and the wife, nothing out of the ordinary.
I Know that usually when they want to interview you it means they need more information or something else,but here it is because I needed to complete my N-400.