My journey continues

Old May 20th 2017, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My journey continues

Originally Posted by hmvsdog
All my signed I-485 documents, sealed medical report, a large check (which my employer picked up), along with worst photos in history are being FedEx-ed to the attorney for Monday delivery.

I have a funny story about the photos. I went into the USPS office to have them done, where the following conversation ensued:

Me: I need some passport photos done for my permanent residency visa (yes, I know I used the wrong wording here...!)
USPS employee: You don't need any photos done, as a visa is for a travel document and you are already in the United States.
Me: Yes, I know. These are for my permanent residency card.
USPS employee: But you're already here. You don't need a residency card.
Me: If I want to stay permanently, yes I do. I need passport photos taken to send with my application
USPS employee: You can use your UK passport to get into the United States though.
Me: I know, that's how I'm here.
USPS employee: So, why do you need passport and visa photos done? You are already here.
Me: Thanks for the help.
<leaves to drive to CVS to have my photos done>
We paid $60 each for our photos and they weren't bad. Come to find out that the photo they use on the actual card is the one they take at the bio-metrics appointment. Wasn't looking so hot that day
Old May 23rd 2017, 7:01 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
For about 50 or so years, the cards actually were green. The color changed only in the last 20 or so years as a means of incorporating tighter security practices... but the language never kept up with the reality.
The card I have is green, and the new revised one for 2017 is green still.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 5:38 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

Everything has now been FedEx'ed off to the USCIS and I received both the I-797C forms today for the receipt of the I-140 and I-485. My priority date has been noted as May 30 2017 and I note from Trackitt that some people are seeing decisions in as little as 44 days. There are a lot though with decisions still pending from last year. I guess there's no real way to tell when the USCIS will adjudicate my case. The good thing though, is that it's gone to the Texas service center which according to the tracker, has a much shorter wait than Nebraska.

What it means now though, is that my wife's I-485 can be done (and another check for $1225 written) to send off with copies of her life history and my receipt notices to add her to my I-140 concurrency.

Last edited by hmvsdog; Jun 12th 2017 at 6:40 pm. Reason: Added note on which service center
Old Jun 12th 2017, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

You're very lucky if your case is going to be processed in Texas. I expect you'll have green cards in hand before us and we filed 10 months ago now.

Sadly my husband's I-140 is sat in the ever growing queue at Nebraska who still seem to be working on cases from March 2016. I don't know why they aren't rebalancing the load because the disparity is huge!

Last edited by Olly_; Jun 12th 2017 at 8:32 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 8:41 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly_
You're very lucky if your case is going to be processed in Texas.
Yeah, I have SRC receipt numbers as opposed to LIN. I was relieved to see that. I'm pretty sure it goes off the state of your employment location. Like you though, I'm surprised they haven't done some workload redistribution.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:58 pm
I don't (often) bite

I got called for and attended my biometrics appointment today. Again, really something of absolutely nothing.

Handed my forms and ID into the reception, got told to wait in a specific area (which I managed to get wrong! ), had my photo take, signed an electronic pad, fingerprints recorded, then told that I was "done for today". In fact, the drive to the Application Support Center took longer than the appointment itself.

They did have the temerity to fill out their own customer satisfaction card though (all as Excellent) and told me to drop in the box at the end. I asked for a fresh one and filled it out as I saw fit.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 2:17 pm
I don't (often) bite

Well, it's been over 12 months now waiting for the I-140 to be approved. Yet I know (even on this forum) that people have submitted the I-140 after me and already have their approval.

With only 7 months left of status on my L-1A, our attorney and I have decided it's now best to submit the I-765 and I-131 as it's now likely I won't have green cards by the time my I-94 expires, which raises a question. Assuming my I-765 and I-131 (off the back of my concurrent I-485) have come through, do I need to leave and re-enter the US to get a new updated I-94? #stillanewbie
Old Jun 6th 2018, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness..... this is taking an age.

Why the long delay?
Old Jun 6th 2018, 3:52 pm
I don't (often) bite

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Goodness..... this is taking an age.

Why the long delay?
I wish I knew. When the attorney raised the SR to see what was going on, they just got the standard cookie cutter reply of "additional checks", "in line to be processed". What's more worrying, is that the USCIS processing times website now shows 16.5-39 months for an I-485 based on an employment category.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Can the I-140 be done through premium processing at this point? To me the $1000+ for premium processing is worth it. I always tell people to use it if available, if just for peace of mind in having one portion of the process completed.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 4:25 pm
I don't (often) bite

Originally Posted by fbf2006
Can the I-140 be done through premium processing at this point? To me the $1000+ for premium processing is worth it. I always tell people to use it if available, if just for peace of mind in having one portion of the process completed.
No. EB-1C cases are not eligible for premium processing.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming my I-765 and I-131 (off the back of my concurrent I-485) have come through, do I need to leave and re-enter the US to get a new updated I-94? #stillanewbie
Nope. IF you have a submitted I-485 (which you do), at the moment your current I-94 expires, you automatically switch to "I-485 Pending" status. (As of now you can't overstay unless your I-485 gets denied.)

Once you have your AP (I-131) approval and document or combo card, and IF you travel back to the US on it, you will not be "admitted" but "paroled" and get a new I-94 indicating that.
IF you wish to continue working past your current I-94 date, you will need the EAD. (I-765). Get those in processing now if you haven't!
Old Jun 6th 2018, 4:59 pm
I don't (often) bite

Originally Posted by neill
Nope. IF you have a submitted I-485 (which you do), at the moment your current I-94 expires, you automatically switch to "I-485 Pending" status. (As of now you can't overstay unless your I-485 gets denied.)

Once you have your AP (I-131) approval and document or combo card, and IF you travel back to the US on it, you will not be "admitted" but "paroled" and get a new I-94 indicating that.
IF you wish to continue working past your current I-94 date, you will need the EAD. (I-765). Get those in processing now if you haven't!
Thank you, that makes me feel a little better.

Yes, I wanted to get these processing now so that there's enough time. Although my wife's EAD off the back of her I-485 came in 30 days, I don't expect such lightning to strike twice!
Old Jun 7th 2018, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, that makes me feel a little better.

Yes, I wanted to get these processing now so that there's enough time. Although my wife's EAD off the back of her I-485 came in 30 days, I don't expect such lightning to strike twice!
Not worth risking it on. Could be 5 months.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 2:33 pm
I don't (often) bite

A lot has happened since this last entry, so to update you...

Basically I got hit with an epic RFE, almost like the attorney had not submitted any associated paperwork whatsoever. While my employer and the attorney are responding to that, they also decided we should apply to extend my L-1 status and that paperwork was submitted to USCIS yesterday. This raised a question for me: Assuming the L1 extension is approved (and I'm assuming nothing at this stage), I know this only extends my I-94. However, I need to return to the motherland shortly and know that my PED on my existing L1 will expire soon. So, if I go back to England after the original PED expiry, what do I need to do to return to the US? Do I need to revisit the embassy to get a new L-1 or just carry my I-797 approval notice, etc?

Can't seem to find anything definitive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.