Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

My girlfriend lives in the Usa n I'm in England

My girlfriend lives in the Usa n I'm in England

Old Dec 19th 2018, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Jason1414 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My girlfriend lives in the Usa n I'm in England

My girlfriend lives in USA and I'm in UK
i currently don't work
But I have gone and seen her on a esta for 3months
But when I went 2nd time they sent me home n canceled it

How can I get back there and live with her

Is there anyway I can reveser the esta cancellation ?
As I think they did I wrongly
Old Dec 19th 2018, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My girlfriend lives in the Usa n I'm in England

No idea if you're a troll or just drunk but - how did they do you wrong? You have no job. You're a prime candidate to overstay/not leave the US.

Read this: Way's to live & work in the USA.

It sounds like the only way you'll ever live in America is by marrying your US partner.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

No, you can't reverse the cancellation. You have been denied entry, so the cancellation is valid. If you want to re-enter, you must apply for a B visa.

If you were denied entry, it is most likely because you were unable to show enough ties to the UK and, as Ben says, the only way you're going back to live is to marry your partner, and this is now complicated.

Read Pulaski's Ways from the link in the above post and then come and ask any questions based off of that.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 6:46 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jason1414
My girlfriend lives in USA and I'm in UK
i currently don't work
But I have gone and seen her on a esta for 3months
But when I went 2nd time they sent me home n canceled it

How can I get back there and live with her

Is there anyway I can reveser the esta cancellation ?
As I think they did I wrongly
How can you afford to travel to USA if you don't work. Are you/she wealthy?
Why does your girlfriend live in USA. Is she a citizen? Does she know your circumstances? Could she move to UK?
If she is a US citizen and wants to marry you, it is possible.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

We're you deported or allowed to withdraw your application for entry.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

My girl is wealthy and I only recently lost my job .... I have money

And I already went for 3months and everything was okay with it stayed for 90 days then come home

I was just wondering if I could appleal about here decision also

They said at the start we will let you have your 3 months but then they took my phone and changed there mind

And all what was on my plan is the big plan I was going to go for 90 come back apply for a visa then try get a sponcer in us then apply for a work visa so everything on my phone talking about it all to my girlfriend was the correct way of doing it

It never said I was going to over stay or plan on it

I already went there 6june till 3rd September and came back

I have never broken the law either
Old Dec 19th 2018, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
We're you deported or allowed to withdraw your application for entry.
It was a esta n I said yeah I agreed then they said they have to cancel my esta n I can not come back on it so I don't know if I can phone n appeal ? Or anything
Old Dec 19th 2018, 9:47 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

No you cannot appeal a revocation of Visa Waiver eligibility. Next time you visit you will need a visa.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 10:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

And I already went for 3months and everything was okay with it stayed for 90 days then come home
For future ref, staying for exactly 90 days isn't a good idea - what if you miss your flight? Or are ill? Or there is something like the volcano ash cloud that grounded flights a few years back? Always give yourself some leeway, although it looks like you'll need a visa to visit now anyway.

They said at the start we will let you have your 3 months but then they took my phone and changed there mind

And all what was on my plan is the big plan I was going to go for 90 come back apply for a visa then try get a sponcer in us then apply for a work visa so everything on my phone talking about it all to my girlfriend was the correct way of doing it
Ah. I can see why they refused you entry unfortunately, that would be suspicious to them.

What do you do for a living and what qualifications do you have, are you eligible for an employment based visa?
Old Dec 20th 2018, 1:27 am
BE Irregular

Originally Posted by RICH
No you cannot appeal a revocation of Visa Waiver eligibility. Next time you visit you will need a visa.
edit: the appeal you desire is to enter USA. The method is to apply for a visa. You may be eligible for several options depending on answers to earlier questions.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 2:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

My girl is wealthy and I only recently lost my job .... I have money

I was just wondering if I could appleal about here decision also

I have never broken the law either
As others have said there is no appeal to having been denied entry to the US under the VWP and to having your ESTA cancelled.

You seem to feel that the highlighted part of your quoted text should have worked in your favor. In fact, it is quite understandable that it would not work for you but against you. You were openly discussing a way to immigrate to the US and thus, assured the officer(s) that you did have intent to immigrate and that you have a serious romantic involvement with a US Citizen which compounds that intent. They might well have thought you and she would marry on this visit and you would remain in the US and she and you would file the petitions for your permanent residency.

In order for you to be sponsored for a work visa, you would be required to have a college/university degree and be employable in a field that qualifies for a work visa. Also you do not seem to know that you don't apply for a work visa, but rather, the company offering you employment must apply for that visa on your behalf.

While I sorry that you were turned around and made to return home, I can understand why that decision was made and frankly, it was not an erroneous decision and there is no appeal. If you want to return, apply for a B visa and have an interview at the US Embassy in London. Your chances of getting it approved are slim to none, however.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 20th 2018 at 2:32 am.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
As others have said there is no appeal to having been denied entry to the US under the VWP and to having your ESTA cancelled.

You seem to feel that the highlighted part of your quoted text should have worked in your favor. In fact, it is quite understandable that it would not work for you but against you. You were openly discussing a way to immigrate to the US and thus, assured the officer(s) that you did have intent to immigrate and that you have a serious romantic involvement with a US Citizen which compounds that intent. They might well have thought you and she would marry on this visit and you would remain in the US and she and you would file the petitions for your permanent residency.

In order for you to be sponsored for a work visa, you would be required to have a college/university degree and be employable in a field that qualifies for a work visa. Also you do not seem to know that you don't apply for a work visa, but rather, the company offering you employment must apply for that visa on your behalf.

While I sorry that you were turned around and made to return home, I can understand why that decision was made and frankly, it was not an erroneous decision and there is no appeal. If you want to return, apply for a B visa and have an interview at the US Embassy in London. Your chances of getting it approved are slim to none, however.

So now I am working snd I have my own place I'm going to leave it till march then apply for a b visa and stay for 2 weeks on it

I'm going to show them I have a job and I pay rent so I have my own place in the UK

Also I'm currently on a course to be a firefighter ... if I complete the course
Would that help me get a work visa in Chicago ??
as a firefighter

I have level 3 in adults English and maths
So it's like a C in grades

Also is there anyways you could surguest me to stay there in the right way I have no intention in breaking the law

Thank you
Old Dec 20th 2018, 12:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

So now I am working snd I have my own place I'm going to leave it till march then apply for a b visa and stay for 2 weeks on it

I'm going to show them I have a job and I pay rent so I have my own place in the UK

as a firefighter

Also is there anyways you could surguest me to stay there in the right way I have no intention in breaking the law

Thank you
Good on you for trying to do the right thing Unfortunately, it's not always possible to migrate to another country, no matter what the reason is for wanting to do so. I'm sure the very knowledgeable forum members here will advise you if there's any way you can make this work.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Good on you for trying to do the right thing Unfortunately, it's not always possible to migrate to another country, no matter what the reason is for wanting to do so. I'm sure the very knowledgeable forum members here will advise you if there's any way you can make this work.

But all what I'm doing is the right way to get approved for a visa as it shows I am planning on coming home ....
And I'm only going for 14 days not the fall 6mouths

All I want to do ATM is get the visa
Then take next steps after that

But I am training to become a firefighter and my girlfriend said that might be good as we might need some where she lives DeKalb
Old Dec 20th 2018, 12:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

as a firefighter

Thank you
A firefighter is not the type of job that leads to a work visa.

Your best path is to continue dating long distance until you guys feel ready for marriage, and then do one of the marriage based visas.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.