Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

My experience of getting a B2 visa with CIMT

My experience of getting a B2 visa with CIMT

Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of getting a B2 visa with CIMT

Originally Posted by Krust
Congratulations! Still waiting for ours and we were interviewed 5th July. Really starting to worry that something's wrong now.
Have you heard anything yet Krust?

I've had the email approving my waiver today, 15 weeks since my interview. I'll give details of the visa validity once I get my passport back from the embassy.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Krust is an unknown quantity at this point

No nothing. We tried calling yet again yesterday and it was the same stock answer of we can't tell you anything, 14-16 weeks is guidance only. We are now into week 17. We just don't know what to do?

Congratulations on yours :-)
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

No nothing. We tried calling yet again yesterday and it was the same stock answer of we can't tell you anything, 14-16 weeks is guidance only. We are now into week 17. We just don't know what to do?

Congratulations on yours :-)
I'm very sorry to hear that you are still waiting for a decision. Was it just a tourist visa waiver (B2)?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Krust is an unknown quantity at this point

No it's for an L1 visa but we get the same letter as you guys about it taking 14-16 weeks and the solicitor says the standard tie is around 14 weeks. Do you know if that could be why it's taking longer?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

We just don't know what to do?
There is nothing you can do... but wait.

Do you know if that could be why it's taking longer?
I suggest that the 14 weeks spent so far was taken up by the officer getting through the other pile of cases on his desk. Since you have no idea how many cases are still ahead of yours... in due course, your case file will rise to the top of the pile and, soon after, you'll have an answer.

You've made a very common error... believing that as soon as your case file goes from point A to point B, that the officer begins working on it... and, for 14 weeks, has been mulling it over in his head whether or not to approve. Most likely, he doesn't yet know you exist.

Ian
Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

No it's for an L1 visa but we get the same letter as you guys about it taking 14-16 weeks and the solicitor says the standard tie is around 14 weeks. Do you know if that could be why it's taking longer?
I'll admit that I know nothing about L1 visas, but it might be the case that they require a little extra administration. What I can say for certain, having applied for a B2 waiver last year, is that the current waiting times are considerably longer than they were. My application last year was approved in just under 10 weeks. It has taken 5 weeks longer this time. Maybe there have been a lot more applications this year and the embassy/DHS are just extremely busy.

I really hope it gets sorted out for you soon. Best of luck!
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

malden75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Materialcontroller

Glad you got your B2 Visa at last. I have been waiting 12 weeks now and not heard anything - looks like I will have to wait a few more weeks!

Don't know whether you can help me with the following?

If I am successful how long does the VISA last? and

If the VISA just covers one trip to the USA, will I need to have an interview each time I want to go to the USA?
Old Oct 29th 2011, 1:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malden75
If I am successful how long does the VISA last?
It will be up to the ConOff to decide how long the visa will be valid for. It could be a few months, a year, ten years. It could also be for single entry or multiple entry.

If the VISA just covers one trip to the USA, will I need to have an interview each time I want to go to the USA?
Yes. Well, you will need to have another interview for the next visa. Whether you need another interview after that depends on the validity of the next visa.

Rene
Old Oct 29th 2011, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

Hi malden75. Noorah has answered your two questions very well. Unfortunately there is no way to tell how much validity they have allowed on a waiver until you receive your documentation back from the embassy. I will update this thread and others with my situation once my passport is returned and I'm in possession of the new visa.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

babyvampire is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see that some of you are finally getting your visas, we are still waiting for my husbands, I in the end took the decision to go ahead without him and hope that his visa should be approved soon.

It has been 12 weeks so far and going on everyones interview dates and approvals, we are hoping we should hear by the end of November. I really think that the Embassy should not tell people it will be 2 months as they really are giving you false hope.

I also believe that holiday companies should make more people aware of the importance of checking whether they need a visa or not as some of you could have been spared some of the heartache and stress that you have gone through, especially those of you who booked the holdidays a year ago. If you had known you could have started the whole process earlier.

I believe that Skype is the best invention ever as it is allowing my husband to keep in daily contact for free and is definitely helping both of us to get through this difficult time.

Hope everyone gets their visas and for the length of time the want.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Hi malden75. Noorah has answered your two questions very well. Unfortunately there is no way to tell how much validity they have allowed on a waiver until you receive your documentation back from the embassy. I will update this thread and others with my situation once my passport is returned and I'm in possession of the new visa.
Hello all, got my passport back this morning!! so just over a week to get my passport back. Validy for a year and entries M, so multiple. Sooooooo reliefed!

Hope you all get what you require soon!!
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jonsie25
Hello all, got my passport back this morning!! so just over a week to get my passport back. Validy for a year and entries M, so multiple. Sooooooo reliefed!

Hope you all get what you require soon!!
Great news for you Jonsie25! Happy days!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Update on my own situation: Passport was returned today after almost two weeks. I've also been given 12 months and multiple entries on this latest B1/B2 waiver.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Update on my own situation: Passport was returned today after almost two weeks. I've also been given 12 months and multiple entries on this latest B1/B2 waiver.
Congratulations! Strange yours took longer? Pleased you got the result you wanted!

Work are potentially talking about internally transfering me, if I do i hope it doesnt take as long!

However flights booked and looking forward to being questioned when I land luckily left around 6 hrs in between flights. Good luck!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jonsie25
Congratulations! Strange yours took longer? Pleased you got the result you wanted!

Work are potentially talking about internally transfering me, if I do i hope it doesnt take as long!

However flights booked and looking forward to being questioned when I land luckily left around 6 hrs in between flights. Good luck!
Good luck to you too Jonsie25, especially with the future work plans. Hopefully on this visit you won't get sent to secondary and it'll all go smoothly for you at the POE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.