Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

MULTIPLE ENTRY stamped on I-94 for K-3

Wikiposts

MULTIPLE ENTRY stamped on I-94 for K-3

Old Apr 24th 2004, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

alex_lg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MULTIPLE ENTRY stamped on I-94 for K-3

Hi All,

My wife entered the U.S. and activated her K-3 a few days ago. The immigration officer at the airport stamped "MULTIPLE ENTRY" on her I-94. What difference does it make with or without these 2 words? Her K-3 visa in her passport says multiple anyway. Could it mean when she travels outside of the U.S., she doesn't have to surrender her I-94?

Thx in advance.
Alex
-----------------------------

Here is our time line.
10/24/03 I-129F NOA1
1/7/04 I-129F NOA2
Mid to late Jan: Vancouver consulate demanded proof that we are eligible to apply for K3 in Canada (regardless you sent in proof or not when you filed your I-129F, and we did, Vancouver expects you to send this again. It's very possible that USCIS under a different agency than the State Dept never forwarded that info anyway.)
We faxed the proof immediately.
1/29/04 Received Packet 3 from Vancouver consulate
early Feb 04: faxed in packet 3 checklist
A week later: e-mailed Vancouver and consulate claimed they didn't receive the checklist.
2/?/04 re-fax immediately
mid Feb 04: received appointment date, 3/17/04, for interview (Vancouver used to waive interview in 2002 and earlier for K3 but not anymore)
3/17/04 Interview: The consular officer informed us our application looks good except our marriage certificate from the Las Vegas chapel where we got married, though an original document, is not a CIVIL certificate. Only the government can issue a civil certificate. This never occurred to us since the certificate we got from the chapel does say "ceritifcate of marriage" & "original". However, the key word here now is "civil".
3/17/04: Ordered our "civil" certificate from the Clark County, Nevada, web site with a credit card. http://www.co.clark.nv.us/recorder/Mar_srch.htm
Received the civil certificate in the mail 3-4 days later.
3/24/04: Furnished the civil certificate to Vancouver consulate and K-3 visa was issued on the spot.
4/14/04: Entered the U.S. and activated K-3. The immigration officer at the Vancouver Canada airport did NOT ask one single question! For those who are not familiar, Uncle Sam has a custom and immigration office at the Vancouver Canada airport. Thus, for those who fly from Vancouver to the U.S., you clear the custom and immigration at the airport in Canada, NOT upon arrival in the U.S. The flight then becomes a domestic flight.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MULTIPLE ENTRY stamped on I-94 for K-3

She can travel on the K-3 visa and won't have to apply for advanced parole.

Originally posted by alex_lg
Hi All,

My wife entered the U.S. and activated her K-3 a few days ago. The immigration officer at the airport stamped "MULTIPLE ENTRY" on her I-94. What difference does it make with or without these 2 words? Her K-3 visa in her passport says multiple anyway. Could it mean when she travels outside of the U.S., she doesn't have to surrender her I-94?

Thx in advance.
Alex
-----------------------------

Here is our time line.
10/24/03 I-129F NOA1
1/7/04 I-129F NOA2
Mid to late Jan: Vancouver consulate demanded proof that we are eligible to apply for K3 in Canada (regardless you sent in proof or not when you filed your I-129F, and we did, Vancouver expects you to send this again. It's very possible that USCIS under a different agency than the State Dept never forwarded that info anyway.)
We faxed the proof immediately.
1/29/04 Received Packet 3 from Vancouver consulate
early Feb 04: faxed in packet 3 checklist
A week later: e-mailed Vancouver and consulate claimed they didn't receive the checklist.
2/?/04 re-fax immediately
mid Feb 04: received appointment date, 3/17/04, for interview (Vancouver used to waive interview in 2002 and earlier for K3 but not anymore)
3/17/04 Interview: The consular officer informed us our application looks good except our marriage certificate from the Las Vegas chapel where we got married, though an original document, is not a CIVIL certificate. Only the government can issue a civil certificate. This never occurred to us since the certificate we got from the chapel does say "ceritifcate of marriage" & "original". However, the key word here now is "civil".
3/17/04: Ordered our "civil" certificate from the Clark County, Nevada, web site with a credit card. http://www.co.clark.nv.us/recorder/Mar_srch.htm
Received the civil certificate in the mail 3-4 days later.
3/24/04: Furnished the civil certificate to Vancouver consulate and K-3 visa was issued on the spot.
4/14/04: Entered the U.S. and activated K-3. The immigration officer at the Vancouver Canada airport did NOT ask one single question! For those who are not familiar, Uncle Sam has a custom and immigration office at the Vancouver Canada airport. Thus, for those who fly from Vancouver to the U.S., you clear the custom and immigration at the airport in Canada, NOT upon arrival in the U.S. The flight then becomes a domestic flight.