Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Multiple entries on the VWP (i'm sorry).

Multiple entries on the VWP (i'm sorry).

Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Multiple entries on the VWP (i'm sorry).

Originally Posted by jonathantrillo
ah ic, is it still illigal if u marry, but leave afterwards?
Hi:

Changing the subject again. Notionally speaking, there is nothing at all illegal about marrying and leaving afterwards. Stop using the word "illegal" -- it is a distracting term. Your question is about the rules of using the VWP. I quoted you the requirement of a visitor admission. Crank in the fact that it is presumed that you do NOT qualify.

Some old friends of ours hold dual nationality -- entire family, husband, wife and three adult children are all US citizens. Husband is native Irish so whole family also has Irish citizenship. Eldest daughter moved to London after university. She fell in love. They had the big marriage IN Los Angeles. Her UK fiance and his entire British family came to US with no problem for the wedding -- whereafter they returned to London. All used the VW or B-2's .

But, again, your question is about making "multiple entries on the VWP."

I don't recall the title of the string [I'm sure someone will find it] about a US citizen who asked about having his girlfriend use the J-1 category to get into the United States and then count on NYPD policy of not reporting illegal immigrants and the widespread ability to work under the table. You are being treated on this forum quite gently in comparison.

Unfortunately, US immigration law is not conducive to Trans-Atlantic relationships of a sexual nature.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... i'll be ok doing what i intend to do so long as i can show without a doubt that i will be leaving...
Impossible! You can *not* prove a negative... you can *not* prove that you don't intend to stay.

Ian
Old Apr 29th 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

People always seem to forget that nobody is 'entitled' to entrance to the US except US citizens. Just because you meet the requirements does not mean you are entitled to enter the country. As Mr Folinsky says the rules are worded ambiguously for a reason.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
As Mr Folinsky says the rules are worded ambiguously for a reason.
Actually J Craig Fong said that. But I happen to agree with J on this one. But the ambiguity can be a two-edged sword.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Bladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by albert17
My experience is 88 days in USA on VWP, then 5 days in Europe, then 89 days in USA on VWP.
On both occsasions, the POE officer asked the 2-3 standard questions and no more.
But as everyone has stated it is a 'crap shoot'.
I did exactly the same once and, got taken into secondary upon re-entry. I was questioned for over an hour before they finally let me in. I got a new 3 month stamp, but I was in no doubt that they were considering sending me back
Old May 5th 2008, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

fluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nicefluxsta is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
Ignorance gets sent home on the next available flight every day.

What is not clear cut about 'as much time out as you spent in'? Your reluctance to state your plans raises you on the Fishy Scale to a 6.3, btw.

ha ha.....love the response! I continue to love this site and the threads written in the third person. namely one which is closed now that states

'Would this be possible to do and for how long could one keep returing. I am assuming the person can continue too proove sufficient income for the duration of each period in the USA or Canada and that a full price airline ticket back too europe is used where by the return dates are changed and that the said person returns too Europe atleast once per year for a couple of months or more. The person does not wish too find employment nor become a US citizen/ have any further envolvement in the US state'

Notice the use of the word 'one' and 'how long could one keep returning'. Brilliant!

In response to the question that was originally posted LISTEN TO PEOPLE ON HERE! My experience is that providing facts about your intentions is instrumental to recieiving guidance and i have asserted and learnt to trust much of what I read on here as people are not willing to 'co-sign others BS' as I like to say.........so chin up and read very carefully what it says on the USCIS website. It offers very clear (if a little undefined) instructions.

I want to be clearer about my situation but I am aware that my US girlfriedn stalks this site for my posts! So, I don't want to give anythign away...other than i will continue viewing/posting and sharing my albeit brief experience with others..
Again, take heed of the helpful advice given on here.....
Godbless expatters
Old May 5th 2008, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

jonathantrillo is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone on here ever got the boot from US soil when they tried to get in on the VWP?
Old May 5th 2008, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

Has anyone on here ever got the boot from US soil when they tried to get in on the VWP?
Hi:

I have not. I use my US passport and although the US is not a formal "visa waiver" country, I get in with the right to live here permanently.

That said, I have had clients who HAVE been turned away -- and I get consulted and sometimes even hired to fix the damage.