Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Moving while Conditional Permanent Resident

Moving while Conditional Permanent Resident

Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

RickQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving while Conditional Permanent Resident

I just moved from MI to TN this week. I filed for my Removal of Conditions June, 2004, but haven't heard anything, other than getting my NOA stating I have a one-year extension.

How will this move affect my Removal of Conditions? I will file the AR-11 tomorrow, once I figure out what the fingerprint number is--does anyone know?

Aside from the AR-11, what should I do?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving while Conditional Permanent Resident

Originally Posted by RickQ
I just moved from MI to TN this week. I filed for my Removal of Conditions June, 2004, but haven't heard anything, other than getting my NOA stating I have a one-year extension.

How will this move affect my Removal of Conditions? I will file the AR-11 tomorrow, once I figure out what the fingerprint number is--does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!
Why do you need the fingerprint number? There are no prints involved in removal of conditions.

Write the service center with a copy of the AR-11 advising them of your new address along with a copy of your NOA for the I-751. Also call the 1-800 number for the USCIS and advise them of the new address.

Rete
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Why do you need the fingerprint number? There are no prints involved in removal of conditions.

Write the service center with a copy of the AR-11 advising them of your new address along with a copy of your NOA for the I-751. Also call the 1-800 number for the USCIS and advise them of the new address.

Rete
Ah, Rete, I remember you well and hoped you would see this. On the form (AR-11 SR, Rev 11-15-02) it has "Fingerprint # (FIN):" just under the signature line. It is OMB No. 111-5-0003 Alien's Change of Address Card, by the way. Is this the right form?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Ah, Rete, I remember you well and hoped you would see this. On the form (AR-11 SR, Rev 11-15-02) it has "Fingerprint # (FIN):" just under the signature line. It is OMB No. 111-5-0003 Alien's Change of Address Card, by the way. Is this the right form?
AR-11 SR? That sounds like the Change of address form for aliens subject to special registration.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bionomique
AR-11 SR? That sounds like the Change of address form for aliens subject to special registration.

This is the standard form from USCIS
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...iles/ar-11.pdf
Old Feb 24th 2005, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bionomique
This is the standard form from USCIS
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...iles/ar-11.pdf
Oops. I had the wrong form. Thank you so much!

Now, about the other question. How is this move (from MI to TN) likely to affect my removal of conditions?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, and one more thing....what happens if I don't get my adjustment of status within a year? Do they automatically extend my conditional residency or do I need to do something?
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and one more thing....what happens if I don't get my adjustment of status within a year? Do they automatically extend my conditional residency or do I need to do something?

Your status remains intact until your I-751 is adjudicated. If you need proof of that status after the NOA expires then take your green card, your I-797 NOA to the local district office along with your passport and get another I-551 stamp.

One thing, be sure to leave a mail forwarding directive with your old post office. This is in case the I-751 is mailed to the old address and the envelope, if not marked "do not forward", can be sent on to you at the new address.

Rete
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

kwisking will become famous soon enough

When we moved last year, within the same city, I sent an AR-11 and another form. The other form was called something like change of address for sponser. One form went to my local immigration office here in San Diego and the other one went to the California office. So you might want to look into the sponser form.

After I sent the forms they sent me back a confirmation. And I also got my Approval for removal of Conditions 6 months later.

Good Luck with the move.

Originally Posted by Rete
Your status remains intact until your I-751 is adjudicated. If you need proof of that status after the NOA expires then take your green card, your I-797 NOA to the local district office along with your passport and get another I-551 stamp.

One thing, be sure to leave a mail forwarding directive with your old post office. This is in case the I-751 is mailed to the old address and the envelope, if not marked "do not forward", can be sent on to you at the new address.

Rete
Old Feb 26th 2005, 5:51 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance!
Call the miss-information line and update your address, the AR-11 does not change the address on pending applications
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kwisking
When we moved last year, within the same city, I sent an AR-11 and another form. The other form was called something like change of address for sponser. One form went to my local immigration office here in San Diego and the other one went to the California office. So you might want to look into the sponser form.
The sponsor change of address form is the I-865, filed with a service center having jurisdiction over your state. They will a issue you a NOA when submitting the I-865. They usually don't acknowledge the AR-11. As such, most people get delivery confirmation or some other receipt showing that it was sent to London, KY.