Moving to Florida

Old Feb 10th 2021, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Florida

I would strongly caution against L1 if the principal owner of the business (i.e. the OP and spouse) is attempting to open new office, it is likely to fail. The program was not invented for small business owners. Please search in Google for these keywords and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

site:uscis.gov filetype: pdf "new office"

(Remove the space before the colon— it gets converted into an emoji.)

Last edited by destone; Feb 10th 2021 at 12:38 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 12:40 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I needed advice pal not being spoken to like I'm a child and I only get wound up when people patronize me
You're going to fit in really well in the US
Old Feb 10th 2021, 1:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
I would strongly caution against L1 if the principal owner of the business (i.e. the OP and spouse) is attempting to open new office, it is likely to fail. The program was not invented for small business owners. Please search in Google for these keywords and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Can you give the actual link? That seems to take us to a decision notice for a case a long time ago which doesn't seem relevant to the OP's situation?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 10th 2021 at 1:03 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 1:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Please can we stick to visa issues only when posting in the Immigration forums? I know you are all trying to help the OP by pointing out the downfalls, but that’s a discussion for the Trailer Park Forum. Thanks.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
You might consider just spending winters in Florida on a tourist visa. Come summer Florida loses much of its appeal anyway.
My point for the above was if you fail in finding a path to a visa you can spend two three month periods in Florida per year. It may not be ideal but a sure thing. During those periods you could pursue contacts for possible job/visa with a local business. You could even buy a property if you wanted a permanent residence.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

OP seems to have a few options, different to many we see on here.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 4:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markg.uk1
As said earlier your proposal of buying a small property with $150K to $170 might prove difficult ......

Why would this prove difficult we have seen a lot of properties for around this price or is it because were immigrants?
They might look okay but what type of area are they in. For example, my sister and bil live in Fort Myers down south of Sarasota. There is nothing available that is in a safe area for them under $300K, Their current house is valued at $369K and that is with all the upgrades and work put into it and they are looking to sell. They thought of Sarasota but can't afford it.

You might be like my husband and me and be content with a small 1900 sq ft three bedroom two bath home that is 40 years old and without major upgrades in the kitchen or bathrooms. It is fine for us. We aren't young and don't go for the trappings of today's young adults/families. We are in Mississippi, however, and that's not Florida.

Definitely scope out the area and talk with tattoo palors and find out how their business is and is another one viable for making a living. Then go the L route. Of find someone who wants to go into business with you and work from that end with an attorney to see if it is possible.

Health insurance for the two of you will be between $800 and $1000 a month and that doesn't include co-pays and deductibles.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

1900 sq ft is Palatial to many families in the UK. My 3 bed end terrace, which I oddly do not miss, was less than 1000 sq ft, including a single story extension on the back the 8ft by 10ft kitchen being a highlight.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 8:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yet again...info about visas only in this thread. Any further off topic posts will be deleted.
Old Feb 10th 2021, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone

it has worked for us....