British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Moved - Field Office won't transfer file! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/moved-field-office-wont-transfer-file-347697/)

Girona40 Jan 11th 2006 12:42 pm

Re: Moved - Field Office won't transfer file!

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
LOL!
I've sometimes had to have the client submit written request to the new office asking them to request the transfer, "and" written request to the old office asking they transfer the file to the new office (I prepare the written requests, they sign them, I submit them along with G-28s).

I recall discussions about this case on the board, and I feel for the couple in question (and their son). Was the reason for the move just to get within the jurisdiction of a new office that might take a different stance on the K-2 issue/problem they are having with the old office? (Just curious and I know Mr. F won't know the answer, but maybe the OP will share).

We were already in the process of moving house when the Washington DC office told us that he "may" be an "age-out" and all this started. It is, in fact, more convenient (geographically) for us to go to the USCIS in Washington DC - it is only 1.5 hours from here. Pittsburgh is 5.5 hour from here! Our attorney, at that time, did not request the file be moved since his office was just around the corner from the USCIS in DC.

We had no idea, until we got to the counter in Pittsburgh, to inquire as to the status of my son's THIRD EAD application (booked automatically via the INFOPASS system) that his "AOS APPROVAL" was documented in their system. Once we heard this, and the Officer at the desk said she would request the file be transferred and see what she could do to get my son's GC issued, we agreed it was the best course of action. Bearing in mind that Washington DC have sat on this case for years and not made a decision on it, or responded to any inquiries by us, senators, congressmen, ombudsman or our attorney, when the officer gave us a glimmer of hope we, naturally, agreed to her suggestion. She has requested the file, so has our congressman and senator's office.

They say they "may" transfer the file on their website - they said that my son "may" be an age-out. Is this how they get around ever being accountable? Where does it say they "shall not"?

ian-mstm Jan 12th 2006 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Girona40
They say they "may" transfer the file on their website - they said that my son "may" be an age-out. Is this how they get around ever being accountable?

Welcome to the wonderful world of DC thinkspeak!

Ian

Girona40 Jan 12th 2006 4:46 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Welcome to the wonderful world of DC thinkspeak!

Ian

Well the DC office, in my opinion, doesn't think and they certainly ain't speaking!!! lol