Move to US (Texas or Florida)

Old Feb 18th 2021, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to US (Texas or Florida)

E-2 seems the obvious option to me depending on percentage of ownership of the business. Has to be 50% british/treaty nation citizen owned, I think?

Pretty straightforward and fairly timeline friendly compared to others. I worked with an excellent corporate immigration attorney in London that I've recommended to a few other members successfully over the years, if you want a referral, OP.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiversaint
E-2 seems the obvious option to me depending on percentage of ownership of the business. Has to be 50% british/treaty nation citizen owned, I think?

Pretty straightforward and fairly timeline friendly compared to others. I worked with an excellent corporate immigration attorney in London that I've recommended to a few other members successfully over the years, if you want a referral, OP.
Sounds like the seed equity is provided by others, I doubt this would be described as a side project if the OP had invested USD15m.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Sounds like the seed equity is provided by others, I doubt this would be described as a side project if the OP had invested USD15m.
quite right!
2MM between four of us (and not equal, me being the smallest) and 30MM from a fund.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
quite right!
2MM between four of us (and not equal, me being the smallest) and 30MM from a fund.
I know there has been talk, even proposals about a Start Up visa, however I seriously doubt if there are any changes it will be within you sort of time frame.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 5:52 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Since it’s seems the startup has funding and is not just “bootstrapping” it’s seems like the OP’s firm should just engage an experienced immigration attorney in the US and give them all the facts, and if their are options they will advise on the pros and cons of each and the OP’s future employer can decide on which path if any to take. I am guessing this would only cost in the $7-15k range if they go ahead between lawyers and USCIS fees.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
Since it’s seems the startup has funding and is not just “bootstrapping” it’s seems like the OP’s firm should just engage an experienced immigration attorney in the US and give them all the facts, and if their are options they will advise on the pros and cons of each and the OP’s future employer can decide on which path if any to take. I am guessing this would only cost in the $7-15k range if they go ahead between lawyers and USCIS fees.
Yes I would assume the venture capitalists pumping in the cash will have some contacts.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 3:45 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Yes I would assume the venture capitalists pumping in the cash will have some contacts.
I mean you can google and find the big ones even if the investors are not experienced in this. I find many America’s just assume immigration does not apply to them and have very little understanding of the process unless they have direct experience (like lawyers who do this for a living..). I always found it amusing seeing USC in the ROW line at LHR immigration and being surprised they were not in the UK/EU line...
Old Feb 20th 2021, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
Thanks, we have started some discussions with them.