more I-130 questions

Old Mar 4th 2001, 3:38 pm
ganesh swaminathan

Hello All,

Excuse me if some questions are dumb. I just want to make sure I send everything in one
shot and don't want INS asking for more details delaying the process I will file separate
application forms (I-130) for my father and mother for CP and send them together. How
about my birth certifcate, their marriage certificates etc? INS wants 2 copies I think per
application.
1) If I bunch both applications together, should I send 2 copies of all docs do or just 2
for each application? No need to send originals I suppose.
2) INS also specifically says not to copy my certificate of Naturalization but they still
need 2 copies. Is it okay to copy and get it notarized or just send them the original?
Thanks Ganesh

Old Mar 5th 2001, 5:06 pm
Sylvia Ottemoeller

ganesh swaminathan wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
    >

You should not "bunch" both applications together, except for one thing: you can send both
applications in one mailing envelope (which of course you will send requesting some kind
of proof of receipt).

Each application should be prepared to stand alone. If one gets separated from the other
the moment the envelope is opened, everything should be there so that the application can
be adjudicated.

>

Ignore that. It is O.K. to photocopy your naturalization certificate as long as it is not
done for the purpose of fraud.

>
    >

You don't have to get it notarized. See http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/ER-750.html
regarding INS document ER-750 EFC (06/95 3230) (which does not appear on the INS web site
to my knowledge).

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER SEND YOUR ORIGINAL NATURALIZATION
CERTIFICATE TO INS.