Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Missing Middle Name on Notice of Action ?

Missing Middle Name on Notice of Action ?

Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

neerluck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing Middle Name on Notice of Action ?

Both the I-797C : Notice of Actions for my wife did not have her middle name included in the name field.

Should I be concerned ? Will the middlename be missing on her greencard and will this affect her when she is going for her fingerprinting and citizenship ?

I called the "help-line" and they said that is should not matter.
I am a little concerned because one of relatives went to her adjustment of status interview and because her conditional greencard is missing her middlename they are giving her a hard time. They said she will have to file for a I-90 or something.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Missing Middle Name on Notice of Action ?

My notices of action don't have my middle name either.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Wifey is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope this sort of thing isn't a problem, because my husband doesn't have a middle name! It seems we've been asked every step of the way on this, not just by immigration, but also the DMV and Social Security. Most of the time, they have him list N/A on the "middle name" space. I don't know how actually having one might affect things.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:07 am
Capt. Tuttle

Wifey wrote:

>>Both the I-797C : Notice of Actions for my wife did not have her
    >>middle name included in the name field.
    >>Should I be concerned ? Will the middlename be missing on her
    >>greencard and will this affect her when she is going for her
    >>fingerprinting and citizenship ?
    >>I called the "help-line" and they said that is should not matter.
    >>I am a little concerned because one of relatives went to her
    >>adjustment of status interview and because her conditional greencard
    >>is missing her middlename they are giving her a hard time. They said
    >>she will have to file for a I-90 or something.
    >>
    >I hope this sort of thing isn't a problem, because my husband doesn't
    >have a middle name! It seems we've been asked every step of the way on
    >this, not just by immigration, but also the DMV and Social Security.
    >Most of the time, they have him list N/A on the "middle name" space. I
    >don't know how actually having one might affect things.
    >
As someone who has used his middle name his entire life I can tell you
it doesn't matter. It has been a constant battle for me, and it doesn't
get any easier as I get older.
Now, my wife also goes by her middle name and is really upset that her
interim EAD card has ONLY her fist and last name on it.

Old Oct 13th 2004, 4:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has a one-word first name, and a 2-word last name, with no hyphen...just a space between the words, and no middle name. It's really a hassle sometimes. For immigration purposes, because that's how his passport and birth certificate read, we always use all 3 names. But for things like bank accounts, credit cards, his name on utility bills...the second part of his last name is too long to fit t in their database, so they leave that part off. So many times they think the first part of his last name is his middle name because there's no hyphen. For general purposes, we've decided to leave off the long part of his last name, unless it's immigration related.

Rene
Old Oct 13th 2004, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Noorah101
My husband has a one-word first name, and a 2-word last name, with no hyphen...just a space between the words, and no middle name.
That's exactly my story. I kept my maiden name as the first part of my two-part last name. No hyphen. This is because in professional life I am using my maiden name and in real married life I am using my married name.

Of course, USCIS considered my maiden name a middle name, so I sometimes get an initial on some of my receipts, and sometimes nothing at all.