Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Missing immunisation card - test for DV/immigrant visas?

Missing immunisation card - test for DV/immigrant visas?

Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

msfi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Missing immunisation card - test for DV/immigrant visas?

Originally Posted by augigi
If you're going to need Hep B vaccination, start soon - it takes 6 months for the whole series.

The blood test (titres) should be fairly immediate to give you levels of various immunities.
Thanks for the tip!

In excellent news, my father has found my records. Oh thank goodness. Sounds like I've had nearly everything. But I probably will need the titre to check if some are still current.

PHEW!!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

elkitos is an unknown quantity at this point

I went for my medicals in London this Monday. I still had to take MMR and DTaP-Pol boosters as my records showed that my immunizations were more than 10 years old. You don't need Varicella if you had Chicken Pox as a child. The immunization schedule depends on your age so it could be different for you - btw I'm 35.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:46 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by elkitos
I went for my medicals in London this Monday. I still had to take MMR and DTaP-Pol boosters as my records showed that my immunizations were more than 10 years old. You don't need Varicella if you had Chicken Pox as a child. The immunization schedule depends on your age so it could be different for you - btw I'm 35.
Good to know and thanks for the info on that
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:35 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Is it me or are nurses strange, I will keep it short, 5 weeks ago I enquired about my jabs I need, OzziDoc told me about testing, so I asked about that also.
Right so my surgery doesn't know any of this, we go through it hand in hand.

I am told that testing will be some £30 each for mumps, measels, and rubella,
and Varicella. So at this moment in time, I am getting the MMR and Tetanus.
I cant prove I had chicken pox when I was a kid, but I know I did as me and both my sisters got it all the same time... but no records.

So looks like MMR then Booster, £60 then £30 for Varicella, as compared to £120 for testing, which could mean I would need Jabs anyways.
Tetanus is done for free.

So now I know I will get these done now around early Jan, as by then I might see my number up for interview
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:06 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radion
Is it me or are nurses strange, I will keep it short, 5 weeks ago I enquired about my jabs I need, OzziDoc told me about testing, so I asked about that also.
Right so my surgery doesn't know any of this, we go through it hand in hand.

I am told that testing will be some £30 each for mumps, measels, and rubella,
and Varicella. So at this moment in time, I am getting the MMR and Tetanus.
I cant prove I had chicken pox when I was a kid, but I know I did as me and both my sisters got it all the same time... but no records.

So looks like MMR then Booster, £60 then £30 for Varicella, as compared to £120 for testing, which could mean I would need Jabs anyways.
Tetanus is done for free.

So now I know I will get these done now around early Jan, as by then I might see my number up for interview
which is exactly why unless you have an issue about repeating them - id just get the new jabs and be done with it. quicker easier and can be cheaper!

Also I told the immigration doc i had chicken pox as a child and he just took my word for it.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radion
Is it me or are nurses strange
Why do you think nurses are strange?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

gingerkitten will become famous soon enoughgingerkitten will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MsElui
Also I told the immigration doc i had chicken pox as a child and he just took my word for it.
Same here - and nobody ever pressed the issue after that. I'd read about a couple of cases of people being made to get the shot despite having had chicken pox as a child, so was half expecting it to be a problem, but it was fine. I think the doctor even asked if I'd had chicken pox when I was a kid, I said "yep", and that was the end of that.