Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Wikiposts

Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:56 am
Mr.Parker

Default Re: Misinformation Line - Receipts AOS/EAD/AP

Hypertweeky <member13109@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > > hehehe....her location should be read like this:
    > >
    > > Hypertweeky is from Peralta, Spain.
    > > Bubu is from Colorado, USA.
    > >
    > > Bubu is Hypertweeky's Husband :D
    > >
    > > Rene
    > > ps. Sorry Hyper, I couldn't resist explaining this one!! :D
    >
    > Good Job Rene!!, I don't mind you explaining!!:)

the problem is george bush

Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

well faking it worked.....mahir just called the misinformation line and told them the asc numbers and all the info and she said that the wait for an appointment in both boston and providence is 45 days....so that stinks, but he was told to call again in the morning at 8 AM (don't know what the difference will be but OK).....either way, at least faking it worked and we'll just have to hope that when we get to the appointment there won't be a problem with us not having our NOAs.....
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave
Please, for your safety and his, please don't feed the trolls

Also, in response to the poster about biometrics holding up an EAD, I think that is exactly what happens. After we filed my wife's packet, nothing happened until the biometrics appointment. All of a sudden, one week after biometrics she has her EAD approved and her AP has been "touched" several times. Maybe it was a coincidence, but I think they were waiting for the prints and facial tomography.
I'm sure the EAD approval is related to the biometrics, but the AP is not. My husband's AP was approved and received in the mail 3 weeks before his biometrics appointment.

Rene
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMA2002
well faking it worked.....mahir just called the misinformation line and told them the asc numbers and all the info and she said that the wait for an appointment in both boston and providence is 45 days....so that stinks, but he was told to call again in the morning at 8 AM (don't know what the difference will be but OK).....either way, at least faking it worked and we'll just have to hope that when we get to the appointment there won't be a problem with us not having our NOAs.....
Hi Allison,

Definitely keep us posted on the outcome. I think Khadija and Abdo are going to do this, also.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:01 am
Eric S.

I think you need the biometrics (ie. photo and fingerprints) for the real
EAD, because they use them to make the card, which is sent to you from the
NBC. But for an interim EAD, you go to the local office, they take a photo
and fingerprint right there and make the card while you wait. So I don't
think it matters if you've had the biometrics done yet.

- Eric S.

"MMA2002" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > I have the receipt numbers that would have been on my NOAs if I had
received them, which I didn't. The misinformation line told me I needed an
ASC number in order to schedule biometrics, which I don't have. If we're
only needing the MSC numbers then why did they not allow Mahir to schedule
his biometrics when he called them after I did this morning? He was told he
had to wait until August 20th to call them again to request they again send
a request to resend our NOAs. His EAD is up August 25 and we need to get an
interim one but how can we without his biometrics being done?