Wikiposts

Minor I-751 whine

Old Oct 19th 2004, 2:22 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Minor I-751 whine

My I-751 (Petition to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status) still hasn't come through yet. I paid $145.00 and received a receipt from October '03. It extended my Green Card thru 12/15/04.
I called the BCIS yesterday and was told that I'll need to make an appointment to get it extended at my "local" office which is a 4 hour round trip away. Is there any way I can do an extension over the 'phone?
It is not my fault that they are working cases from Jan '03 after all.

If I do have to travel to get this extended then I will, but I wanted to see if there is a better or easier way to approach this. Any help/experiences would be great.

Thanks.
HD
Old Oct 19th 2004, 3:00 am
Lucy

Default Re: Minor I-751 whine

"HoosierDaddy" <member30259@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > My I-751 (Petition to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status)
    > still hasn't come through yet. I paid $145.00 and received a receipt
    > from October '03. It extended my Green Card thru 12/15/04.
    > I called the BCIS yesterday and was told that I'll need to make an
    > appointment to get it extended at my "local" office which is a 4 hour
    > round trip away. Is there any way I can do an extension over the
    > 'phone?

No, they can't do it over the phone, since you need to get a stamp in your
passport. However, you may be able to do it at your nearest Application
Support Center. They are listed here:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ascs/index.htm

Maybe there is one closer to you.

As a disclaimer, I have not done this myself. I only heard about this
possibility after having travelled to my District Office.

Lucy

Old Oct 19th 2004, 6:35 pm
TheWanderer

> 'phone?
    > It is not my fault that they are working cases from Jan '03 after all.
    > If I do have to travel to get this extended then I will, but I wanted to
    > see if there is a better or easier way to approach this. Any
    > help/experiences would be great.
    > Thanks.
    > HD

Want some Cheese with that Whine?

Groovy Baby

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 19th 2004, 11:56 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheWanderer
    > 'phone?
    > It is not my fault that they are working cases from Jan '03 after all.
    > If I do have to travel to get this extended then I will, but I wanted to
    > see if there is a better or easier way to approach this. Any
    > help/experiences would be great.
    > Thanks.
    > HD

Want some Cheese with that Whine?

Groovy Baby

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Yawn. It might have been funny had the word "whine" not been in the subject line.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Your status does not expire just because the NOA extending your I-551 does. Unless you need proof of status for travel or employment reasons, you really don't need to do anything. Your status is automatically extended until your I-751 is adjudicated.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:10 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
Your status does not expire just because the NOA extending your I-551 does. Unless you need proof of status for travel or employment reasons, you really don't need to do anything. Your status is automatically extended until your I-751 is adjudicated.
Hmm. Well, I'm planning a trip home in June/July 2005, but there is also the possibility of having to go back for a funeral, so I would feel safer if I had some documentation of an extension (either passport stamp, letter of extension, etc).

Thanks for the advice.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 11:33 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Hmm.
I might just have to push you down and take that Hipster Dufus from you. I like it!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:05 am
Gotta have more cowbell

The BCIS Customer Service woman told me to use InfoPass. I looked but don't know what category I should make the appointment under. I narrowed it down to these possibilities:

- You have a question about your case

- You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp

- You wish to speak to an immigration officer

Does anyone know which one I should show for this case?
Thanks.