Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Hi

My name is Lisa and I moved to the US nearly 8 years ago with my husband and 2 kids. We have just moved to Weatherford (west side of FW) from Michigan...would love to meet up with anyone for a chat and/or drink (curry anyone ??)
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
Hi

My name is Lisa and I moved to the US nearly 8 years ago with my husband and 2 kids. We have just moved to Weatherford (west side of FW) from Michigan...would love to meet up with anyone for a chat and/or drink (curry anyone ??)
Hi Lisa, welcome to BE and Fort Worth
We are in Keller, me hubby and two kids. Been here two years this June.
A few of us have been talking about getting together for a curry for some time now. We really need to make it a new years resolution to get this together once and for all.
BE is great stick around and you'll soon have some good cyber buddies and hopefully some that we can see in person soon
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:31 pm
'mon the cowboys

texas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond repute

so when are y'all going to get this meetup thing sorted out!

Do I need to take things by the scruff of the neck and arrange a date time and place?

Somebody play leader please and get something set up!

C
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

Originally Posted by texas_ranger

Do I need to take things by the scruff of the neck and arrange a date time and place?

C
well, we might be moving to Kennesaw, Atlanta...just found out today! so if all goes to plan we will be off...we have escaped at last, only took 3 yrs
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

Hi

Hi Lisa and welcome to BE
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Thanks for the warm welcome. ...but you're worrying me now Fern...what's so bad about Dallas that you can't wait to leave. So far I'm enjoying it here...much, much warmer than Michigan and NO SNOW...which as far as I'm concerned is a huge bonus...my kids would disagree though. Just seen them off to their new school's for the first day (sniff, sniff) going to eat bon bons and watch daytime TV !!(only kidding!)
Could we all get a date for a get together....last Saturday in January anyone ?

Lisa
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:00 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by texas_ranger

C
OK... YOU'RE IT!!! O/J...

Hi Lisa, I PM'ed you yesterday!!!

At the moment, the last weekend in January looks good for me.

When and where people?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys

Thanks for the warm welcome. ...but you're worrying me now Fern...what's so bad about Dallas that you can't wait to leave. Lisa
Hi Lisa, Nothing, honest...but, the bonus is l can get a direct flight to Manchester A/port instead of changing at Gatwick...oh joy!!! 8hrs and 10mins...luxury with a 3yr old on yr arm..oh and alot more greener as well!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Silly Britt

Couldn't access my PM...sorry. you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Lisa
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Scilly Britt

I couldn't access my pm. tried to send you my e-mail address but I think it got monitored out.
Anyway...if you're in Granbury you're not too far from me. Maybe we could get together for coffee ?

As for meeting up at the end of January we're happy to travel and meet others 1/2 way....Arlington area ???

Lisa
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:42 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

Hi Scilly Britt

I couldn't access my pm. tried to send you my e-mail address but I think it got monitored out.
Anyway...if you're in Granbury you're not too far from me. Maybe we could get together for coffee ?

As for meeting up at the end of January we're happy to travel and meet others 1/2 way....Arlington area ???

Lisa
Oooops, I forgot that on this site you have to post at least 4 or 5 times before you can access your PM...
I always enjoy a white chocolate mocha at starbucks... I know, it's expensive and OTT but I love the stuff!!!
I will PM my phone number to you, this week is pretty hectic, next week looks good!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tracey

Mmm...starbucks sounds good to me. I'll call you.

Lisa
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

exexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jmaster911
My wife (american) and I are moving from Leeds to Dallas next week and don't know anyone in the area, so we'd love to have a meet up with some Brits in Jan or Feb. How about a pub style place to have a few drinks and some food? We have gone to several American meet ups while she was here in Leeds for a few yrs and always had a good time.

Let us know if there's a meet up!
I'm not from Yorkshire but I lived near to Leeds for over six years. Welcome to DFW!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

thosebrits will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

We are currently just outside of Chicago but moving to DFW in the summer. We've lived in TX before, Flower Mound and then Katy (west of Houston). Just looking into where we are going to live again, maybe Grapevine or Coppell, not sure. We are originally from the North East and have four kids, 4 up to 13.

That is about it for now, did you all have your meet-up?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

welocme, welcome, welcome...hope your move is going ok. I've met up with Scilly Britt and her OH but no one else has got their arses into gear....keep in touch and when you get here we could meet for coffee I have a 13 year old son and 11 yr. old daughter. If you end up here before school gets in to full swing we could get them together ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.