Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

willows has a brilliant futurewillows has a brilliant futurewillows has a brilliant futurewillows has a brilliant futurewillows has a brilliant futurewillows has a brilliant future
Default Re: Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Originally Posted by fern
Hi and welsome to BE!...we used to live in Grapevine up the road from FM..now we live in Keller..not too far from you.
What's Keller like? We are still house hunting and are not sure that we are going to find what we are looking for in Flower mound (

Off house hunting again today so lets see!! Do you have any dogs??
Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

Originally Posted by willows
What's Keller like? We are still house hunting and are not sure that we are going to find what we are looking for in Flower mound (

Hi, no we had a cat but we gave her back to the foster home last week...very sad. House buying l can tell you lots about that...just sold our house in Keller...need advice? anyway, Keller, FlowerMound, Southlake are all very good areas...Have you been to Southlake shopping? very expensive...and so are the houses. why the rush to buy?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willows

I for one can highly recommend Keller. Lovely neighborhoods, good schools, lots of local amenities, all within a reasonable distance from Grapevine for shopping, hospitals, 20 minute drive into down town Fort Worth (in reasonable traffic of course). Keller is still being developed we are getting a lovely new Keller town center which will probably be similar to Southlake town square (hopefully not as expensive ) we are also getting a new development just off the 35 which will have lots like Barnes and Noble, Best Buy and many more my mind has gone blank for now. The schools get a great name too that was a huge part in our decision to move to Keller (our oldest started Kindergarten this year).
Keller has a lot of master planned communities, not so many in Flower Mound (we looked there too). We live in a master planned community and all the nasty rumors about HOA's are not true. If you have any more specific questions you'd like to ask feel free to ask away of PM me.
Good luck with the house hunting, it's exciting but very difficult at the same time.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:51 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScillyBrit
I am also a Certified Western Coach, (I have just recently quit showing/competing reining horses) and will be starting to coach students (when I get my work visa).
I take it you're in the DFW area. If I reach Texas next year (my wife is in DFW) I'd like to be coached western-style riding. However, it's possible my wife will move to TN next year, so that's where I'll be joining her. If she doesn't move, I'd like to meet you, to be couched - I mean, coached! ...

An e-mail address would be appreciated, just in case I fly to TX and not TN.

Thanks.

Mike

------
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:19 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by britex01
I take it you're in the DFW area. If I reach Texas next year (my wife is in DFW) I'd like to be coached western-style riding. However, it's possible my wife will move to TN next year, so that's where I'll be joining her. If she doesn't move, I'd like to meet you, to be couched - I mean, coached! ...

An e-mail address would be appreciated, just in case I fly to TX and not TN.

Thanks.

Mike

------
PM sent...
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:33 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

WE STILL HAVEN'T MET UP YET!!!!

What about we all try to set a time and place after the Christmas/New Year holidays... it's always quiet during the Jan/Feb months and will give us all something new to look forward to?
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

WE STILL HAVEN'T MET UP YET!!!!

What about we all try to set a time and place after the Christmas/New Year holidays... it's always quiet during the Jan/Feb months and will give us all something new to look forward to?
A great idea! How are you anyway? Long time no PM
Old Nov 25th 2007, 3:03 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
A great idea! How are you anyway? Long time no PM
I'm doing very well... keeping busy as usual!!!
Not enjoying this weather we have at the moment... where did the sun go?
How are you?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm doing very well... keeping busy as usual!!!
Not enjoying this weather we have at the moment... where did the sun go?
How are you?
I'm good ta. Got the folks over just now so having a great time
Been shopping up a storm for Christmas. Our shopping has been interrupted due to this weather as the men can't get out to golf. Roll on tomorrow, hopefully if the weather forecast is correct they will be able to get out from under our feet.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:18 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
I'm good ta. Got the folks over just now so having a great time
Been shopping up a storm for Christmas. Our shopping has been interrupted due to this weather as the men can't get out to golf. Roll on tomorrow, hopefully if the weather forecast is correct they will be able to get out from under our feet.
Your folks are over.... I'm so jealous!!! Mine will 'hopefully' be here in March (yipee)... my 93 year old Nanna is coming over with my Mum and Dad, and it sounds like my Dad's brother is coming too. Can't wait for March to roll around!
I have done all of my Christmas shopping!!! Looks like we will be going to Alberta for the holidays... to the out-laws... luckily for me, they're lovely people and we always have a great time. I'm just not looking forward to the cold!!!
I played golf last Friday and froze my butt off (not much fun)... I have just ordered some golf outerwear from tgw... but I have made the decision that if it's under 65 I'm not playing!!!
Great to hear from you... keep in touch... I still want to meet up soon!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Your folks are over.... I'm so jealous!!! Mine will 'hopefully' be here in March (yipee)... my 93 year old Nanna is coming over with my Mum and Dad, and it sounds like my Dad's brother is coming too. Can't wait for March to roll around!
I have done all of my Christmas shopping!!! Looks like we will be going to Alberta for the holidays... to the out-laws... luckily for me, they're lovely people and we always have a great time. I'm just not looking forward to the cold!!!
I played golf last Friday and froze my butt off (not much fun)... I have just ordered some golf outerwear from tgw... but I have made the decision that if it's under 65 I'm not playing!!!
Great to hear from you... keep in touch... I still want to meet up soon!
Meet up soon sounds great! My your nanna is brave coming over My hubby is trying to get his gran to come but she's having none of it (she's 84), will need to tell her about your Nanna.
The boys got two rounds in today, two different courses, gave me time to smuggle to latest purchases in undetected, some Christmas some not
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Jmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud of

My wife (american) and I are moving from Leeds to Dallas next week and don't know anyone in the area, so we'd love to have a meet up with some Brits in Jan or Feb. How about a pub style place to have a few drinks and some food? We have gone to several American meet ups while she was here in Leeds for a few yrs and always had a good time.

Let us know if there's a meet up!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jmaster911
My wife (american) and I are moving from Leeds to Dallas next week and don't know anyone in the area, so we'd love to have a meet up with some Brits in Jan or Feb. How about a pub style place to have a few drinks and some food? We have gone to several American meet ups while she was here in Leeds for a few yrs and always had a good time.

Hi, l am from Leeds, Headingley and my husband is from Bolton!! We live in Keller, Dallas, Texas (DFW).....bring your jumpers its cold here today! Count us in on the meetup. There are a few of us in this area...If you need to know anything PM us. keep in touch

Last edited by fern; Dec 28th 2007 at 1:47 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:10 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jmaster911

We'll be up for a meet-up, if anyone here ever gets it together to organize one!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbj1000
We'll be up for a meet-up, if anyone here ever gets it together to organize one!
Yes, l think a knees up is just what we all need

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.