Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

EssTxBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet Up in D/FW Area?

Originally Posted by englishinusa
There are quite a few Brits in the DFW area.

BTW, another good source of English fodder is ...

http://www.british-emporium.com/

... which is just around the corner from us.
The name of the Indian resturant on Fielder and Randol mill is called the Tandoor, it has a lunch time buffet mmmmmm, will have to try it soon.

Another good place to get Brit food and drink, ( in north Tex) Any Kroger signature stores, there is one on Lamar in Arlington just off I30 at cooper street, also 1 on South cooper street about a mile south of I20. my brother also goes to one on coit road in Richardson, so lots of places to stock up.

im hungry now, i will have to wait till the T-storms have gone, i am getting ready to take shelter as they are ment to be bad with Tornado's

EB
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:06 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Rowlett...and have absolutley no bloody intentions of meeting up with you bunch of nutters! besides I work all day, and after spending 3 hours commuting...I'm knackered....(I love the murecan dream ).
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:22 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinusa
There are quite a few Brits in the DFW area.

BTW, another good source of English fodder is ...

http://www.british-emporium.com/

... which is just around the corner from us.
Hmm, I'm in Grapevine tomorrow morning. I think I might have to stop by and partake of some Salt and Vinegar Hula Hoops.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
Hmm, I'm in Grapevine tomorrow morning. I think I might have to stop by and partake of some Salt and Vinegar Hula Hoops.
Did somebody say Salt and Vinegar?????
I'm there,,,, you better get there before me as I can't guarantee their safety!!!!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 3:39 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
Did somebody say Salt and Vinegar?????
I'm there,,,, you better get there before me as I can't guarantee their safety!!!!
The shop doesn't open tomorrow morning until, erm, 11 o'clock. They're stocktaking or something. So there is no point in you being there any earlier. None at all. I'm sure there will be plenty of bags left at 11.....
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
The shop doesn't open tomorrow morning until, erm, 11 o'clock. They're stocktaking or something. So there is no point in you being there any earlier. None at all. I'm sure there will be plenty of bags left at 11.....
PMSL
Have a packet and think of me that can't be bothered getting out my PJ's.....
At least I know where to get them now.
Somebody brought some vinegar and salt yes vinegar and salt to hubby's little football party on Wednesday but they were not nice
Enjoy!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
We've been in Plano for 4 years, and I still had to look up where Granbury is! Frickin' miles away, you are! Best part of a day's drive

Send a shout out on the board if you get a meet-up sorted out, and we'll try and make the trek out towards your neck of the woods.
You still havn't adjusted to this country ! .... Distance is no object around that part of the country.
A few weeks back I spent a weekend in a hotel in northern AZ, my mate drove 150 miles to collect me, take my to Phoenix for sunday dinner and return me to my truck a few hours later........... It means nothing
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:35 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
You still havn't adjusted to this country ! .... Distance is no object around that part of the country.
A few weeks back I spent a weekend in a hotel in northern AZ, my mate drove 150 miles to collect me, take my to Phoenix for sunday dinner and return me to my truck a few hours later........... It means nothing
Yeah, but you're a complete trucker!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:58 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Arkansas, but will be in Dallas for the weekend after Easter, staying with some of hubby's family. As I can't expect you lot to build a get-together around me, I'll have to make do with a shopping trip to the British Emporium. I love that place!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:33 am
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

I'm reviving this thread!!!

Where did everyone go? Spoooky...

OK, anyone still interested in meeting up?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ScillyBrit
I'm reviving this thread!!!

Where did everyone go? Spoooky...

OK, anyone still interested in meeting up?
Hello there ScillyBrit, hope you are well!
I got side tracked with being put on bed rest for the last trimester of my pregnancy. Since then been busy with the new arrival. Sadly I also had a death in my family so not been on here much at all lately.

In saying all of that baby is now in a routine and Texas Ranger and I would most probably be up for a meet. I've even met some new Scottish buddies who've been living on my door step all along so we could drag them along too.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:42 pm
I'm older but no wiser!

ScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud ofScillyBrit has much to be proud of

Hello there ScillyBrit, hope you are well!
I got side tracked with being put on bed rest for the last trimester of my pregnancy. Since then been busy with the new arrival. Sadly I also had a death in my family so not been on here much at all lately.

In saying all of that baby is now in a routine and Texas Ranger and I would most probably be up for a meet. I've even met some new Scottish buddies who've been living on my door step all along so we could drag them along too.
Congratulations on your new 'precious treasure'! I'm so glad to hear you and your new baby are well.
Condolences on your loss... I'm sure that it has been very hard on you.

I am still interested in meeting up with you... maybe we should try for an indian one evening or if it's easier we can always meet up for a coffee. I have friends staying for the next two weeks but after that I would be free as a bird!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ScillyBrit
Congratulations on your new 'precious treasure'! I'm so glad to hear you and your new baby are well.
Condolences on your loss... I'm sure that it has been very hard on you.

I am still interested in meeting up with you... maybe we should try for an indian one evening or if it's easier we can always meet up for a coffee. I have friends staying for the next two weeks but after that I would be free as a bird!
Sounds like a plan
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:27 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I've even met some new Scottish buddies who've been living on my door step all along so we could drag them along too.
I hope you've been charging them rent!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I hope you've been charging them rent!
Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.