Medical results after interview.

Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Arcy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical results after interview.

Hi,
I have an interview in London for a spouse visa on the 4th February.
I attended the medical on the 29th of January and was told that everythign seems fine (pending the results of the blood and x-ray) but i needed to get my doctor to fax them to confirm some things.

I asked my doctor if it could be done within 48 hours and they said yes but I contacted knightsbridge and they said that it has not been received yet.
which means my medical results will not be at the consulate in time for my interview.

I asked them (knightsbridge medical)if it would be time to reschedule my appointment but they told me that the consulate is normally OK with this as long as i have attended the medical and I explain that i am just waiting for the results i will still be able to attend the interview, but to contact the consulate and make sure.

I have tried calling the number I have repeatedly and waiting (09042-450-100) but it is either always engaged or my service provider (sky) doesn't allow that number.
My question is, is there another way to contact the embassy or another number or does anyone know for certain that as long as I have attended my medical, as long as i explain that the results will be late. that it wont affect my being able to take the interview?

Getting worried with it so close to the date. Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical results after interview.

Originally Posted by Arcy
My question is, is there another way to contact the embassy or another number or does anyone know for certain that as long as I have attended my medical, as long as i explain that the results will be late. that it wont affect my being able to take the interview?
Don't worry... go to the interview. If your medical results haven't been received, they will delay approval of your visa pending getting them. Your visa will not be denied just because the medical results haven't been received. It is a total non-issue that you don't know whether they've been received or not. Go to the interview.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried calling the number I have repeatedly and waiting (09042-450-100) but it is either always engaged or my service provider (sky) doesn't allow that number.
My question is, is there another way to contact the embassy or another number
I completely agree with Ian's comments, but in regard to contacting them it seems the service is offline. Yes, you may need to ask your telephone service provider to enable calls to 090 numbers, but according to @usainukcgcorner on twitter today;

"Our Operator Assisted Information Service lines 09042 450 100 & 09042 450 045 are currently unavailable" [11:45am on 01 February 2013].

Hope all of this helps, and all the very best with your interview

Rich.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot guys. I thought it would be fine but I just wanted to put my mind at ease.

I guess I may as well ask another thing i have been wondering about in this thread, if that is ok.

When I finally do get to travel is there any reason not to buy a return ticket instead of one way (it's a hell of a lot cheaper) will the border control have a problem with it since i will be going on an immigration visa or anything?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:07 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot guys. I thought it would be fine but I just wanted to put my mind at ease.

I guess I may as well ask another thing i have been wondering about in this thread, if that is ok.

When I finally do get to travel is there any reason not to buy a return ticket instead of one way (it's a hell of a lot cheaper) will the border control have a problem with it since i will be going on an immigration visa or anything?
No, no problem. What are they going to do, deport you to make sure you actually use the other half of the ticket you contracted for? (Hint: No.) The airline doesn't care either - you paid for the seat; if you don't check in for it, they'll sell it again to a standby or something.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... is there any reason not to buy a return ticket instead of one way...
No... and even then, it's an airline issue, not an immigration issue.

Ian
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again guys.
Just a couple more questions if you don't mind.
My interview is tomorrow, as far as the form they e-mailed me goes, I believe they have everything on the list but I will of course take copies of anything i have just in case. Is there anything important on that list they will definitely need a copy off? I read on the forums that even though they have photographs I am required to bring two more?
IF all goes well I would only need the invitation letter and the photographs?
Like i said i will take copies of anything i have with me. I just like to know as much as I can beforehand.
Also it is my brother who will be driving me. Will he be allowed in the embassy to a waiting room (as I read only people with an appointment will be admitted) or will he have to find something to do around town while I am inside?
I know not to take any electronics inside but I assume a folder for my papers and stuff is fine?
Lastly, about payment. I keep reading about paying fees. I know there will be a courier fee to send my package if all goes well (any idea how much that will be) I also read that there is a new fee for the visa, is that payed at the interview or at customs? and knowing that my invitation says fees so far are payed,will there be any other costs I am supposed to pay at the interview?

In short:
1: Knowing that the invitation says all documents are received is there anything I will have to bring? (I.E the two photographs or other paperwork)

2: Will my brother (driver) be allowed into the building into a waiting room?

3: are folders for paperwork allowed through? ( i assume so)

4: Is it OK to take money in to pay the fees or incase i don't have enough on my debit card (there is a limit to how much i can spend on it daaly)?

5: If the invitation states fees payed so far, what fees will i have to pay at the embassy?

6: I read that you should not take things that aren't asked for. Does this include copies or proof of relationship which isn't asked for (I.E wedding photos, photocopy of passport stamps)

Sorry if i am over thinking things. I'm sure I am, but that's just how i do things. lol
Thank you again for being so helpful.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again guys.
Just a couple more questions if you don't mind.
My interview is tomorrow, as far as the form they e-mailed me goes, I believe they have everything on the list but I will of course take copies of anything i have just in case. Is there anything important on that list they will definitely need a copy off? I read on the forums that even though they have photographs I am required to bring two more?
IF all goes well I would only need the invitation letter and the photographs?
Like i said i will take copies of anything i have with me. I just like to know as much as I can beforehand.
Also it is my brother who will be driving me. Will he be allowed in the embassy to a waiting room (as I read only people with an appointment will be admitted) or will he have to find something to do around town while I am inside?
I know not to take any electronics inside but I assume a folder for my papers and stuff is fine?
Lastly, about payment. I keep reading about paying fees. I know there will be a courier fee to send my package if all goes well (any idea how much that will be) I also read that there is a new fee for the visa, is that payed at the interview or at customs? and knowing that my invitation says fees so far are payed,will there be any other costs I am supposed to pay at the interview?

In short:
1: Knowing that the invitation says all documents are received is there anything I will have to bring? (I.E the two photographs or other paperwork)

2: Will my brother (driver) be allowed into the building into a waiting room?

3: are folders for paperwork allowed through? ( i assume so)

4: Is it OK to take money in to pay the fees or incase i don't have enough on my debit card (there is a limit to how much i can spend on it daaly)?

5: If the invitation states fees payed so far, what fees will i have to pay at the embassy?

6: I read that you should not take things that aren't asked for. Does this include copies or proof of relationship which isn't asked for (I.E wedding photos, photocopy of passport stamps)

Sorry if i am over thinking things. I'm sure I am, but that's just how i do things. lol
Thank you again for being so helpful.
I can answer a couple of things for you unless they have changed in the last year and a half:

Unless you have requested that your brother be allowed to accompany you to the embassy and wait, he will not be allowed in!

I had to send a request to the embassy to allow my wife who is the USC to come with me and had an email from the embassy to say it was ok! Otherwise he will have to wait outside, there is a nice cafe a couple of blocks away from the embassy ( facing away from the embassy, left to the end of the embassy building and turn left, down a couple of blocks and its right on the corner) I would suggest arranging to meet there as you will have no other means to let him know you are done! Unless you get to a payphone and call his mobile!

I took additional paperwork with me and took in a wallet style or Constantina style A4 document holder and was allowed in with it! You will not be allowed in with certain things like car keys with a chipped key fob or a mobile phone, pda, ipads, laptops or the likes, they should have sent you a what you can and can not take in with you if not try here for other information http://london.usembassy.gov/

They will accept debit cards, U.S currency and British Sterling, they do not or at least did not accept any credit cards at the time I went....If approved on the day you will need to pay the courier fees also at the desk as you leave, this was around 16 quid when I did mine a year and a half ago.

As for additional paperwork, I did and cant harm anything, you just have to be aware you have to tote it around..lol

hope this helps a bit. Good luck, you will do more waiting than actual interview, trust me....Interview took me all of 3 minutes, the waiting took 3 hours..lol

Last edited by Wolfy; Feb 3rd 2013 at 1:40 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

I read on the forums that even though they have photographs I am required to bring two more?
I'm assuming from what you have written (about already having submitted documents) that your application was processed at NVC. The interview appointment letter I received from the NVC noted that they had already received my photos but also contained the instruction to bring 'the correct size and number of photographs to the interview'. According the the London Embassy website, if your application was processed at the NVC and you provided all the documents requested, all you need to provide on the day of the interview is your passport and THREE photos: http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html. That website sometimes provides incorrect info, but I suppose it is better to take too many photos than too few.

EDIT: Your idea of also bringing copies of the documents you previously submitted sounds sensible.

2nd EDIT: I just noticed that if you scroll further down the link I supplied to the Document Checklist that the 'processed by NVC' paragraph refers you to, it says that of the three photos two are for the visa and one for the medical. In other words, on a single page you are told that you will be required to furnish three photos at the interview and that one of these should in fact already have been furnished at the medical. Just a small example of why you shouldn't expect clarity from the Embassy website.

Last edited by Apfelkuchen; Feb 3rd 2013 at 2:37 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 3:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The visa fee has already been paid to NVC. You will need to pay the courier fee at the interview. There is also a new fee of $165, called an "Immigrant Fee". This fee is for the production of the permanent resident card (green card). See the link below for details on how and when to pay this fee:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys. everything went good. only one tiny setback. they want me to courier to them,my step mothers (joint sponsors) birth certificate to rpove her citizenship . After that he told me they can process it and i will get my visa.
does anyone know if i will have to have my wife send an original through mail or if a scan through email that I can print off is ok?
I know for my wife a photocopy was fine.
Thanks again. So happy to have the "hard" part over
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:58 am
Account Closed

... they want me to courier to them,my step mothers (joint sponsors) birth certificate to rpove her citizenship .
I'm surprised you didn't have this with you - it is a required document.

does anyone know if i will have to have my wife send an original through mail or if a scan through email that I can print off is ok?
Don't send the original... it'll never be returned. Make a photocopy/scan and send that.

Ian
Old Feb 5th 2013, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

My wife had submitted all of the documents to the NVC from her end. I'm surprised they didn't request it when the documents were being processed if it was something required that she left out. Sadly the one thing I did not have a photocopy of in my heavy as a brick folder. lol

I thought a scan would be fine, thanks.