medical examination for US visa

Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:43 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical examination for US visa

Originally Posted by Elvira
I see Mo is flexing her muscles...
Perhaps she favors another candidate for Deadbeat Noob of the Week?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Perhaps she favors another candidate for Deadbeat Noob of the Week?
hey now.. there's no indication that this guy's broke!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elvino
Seriously, i'm getting a bit sick of getting email alerts and coming here having to read responses...
There's a fix for that... no one is forcing you to read the responses!

... and talking to me like a bloody little toddler.
Well... you're acting like a "bloody little toddler". I can say that because I have more than 15 posts!

Ian
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
hey now.. there's no indication that this guy's broke!
Hi there:

I will withdraw my comparison with Marie723 -- not once did she express a profanity. I do note that he smoked the MJ, it was he who asked the question, and it was he who set it up to receive e-mail alerts.

Every so often, I see a person who causes me to feel that I hope he is denied the visa. [When that person is my client, I am happy for a successful representation, but as a taxpayer, I'm annoyed at the incompetence of the government].
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi there:

I will withdraw my comparison with Marie723 -- not once did she express a profanity. I do note that he smoked the MJ, it was he who asked the question, and it was he who set it up to receive e-mail alerts.

Every so often, I see a person who causes me to feel that I hope he is denied the visa. [When that person is my client, I am happy for a successful representation, but as a taxpayer, I'm annoyed at the incompetence of the government].
I know, I know. Reading around here, it sounds like the UK is a lovely place to live and hopefully his FI will be happy there.

There was a lovely story yesterday about a local PD who is assigned to the death penalty cases.. he used to be a DA too. He's had 2 cases over the years that got the death penalty, and it breaks his heart. He has no illusions about his clients, but he notes that we do have a 'life without parole' option here as well.

Attorneys must be able to answer these questions for people privately? For their usual consultation fee of course.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have a blood test.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I didn't have a blood test.
Are you sure you're talking about the same medical?

How did they screen you for HIV and other diseases then? A blood test is one thing you can be sure to udergo at the medical.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...018a_Oct08.pdf
Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Are you sure you're talking about the same medical?

How did they screen you for HIV and other diseases then? A blood test is one thing you can be sure to udergo at the medical.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...018a_Oct08.pdf
LOL

Hmmm. Geez - I lied - sorry. I completely forgot! I already had recent blood results to indicate HIV status, MMR titres etc

My HIV status was re-checked. I know that no utox or drug screen was done....cos I didn't provide a urine sample, and I saw/held/handed over the blood test order form

(This was all for AOS from H4.)
Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Hmmm. Geez - I lied - sorry. I completely forgot! I already had recent blood results to indicate HIV status, MMR titres etc

My HIV status was re-checked. I know that no utox or drug screen was done....cos I didn't provide a urine sample, and I saw/held/handed over the blood test order form

It was done inside of the US. Probably makes a difference. Once you're in, they change things a bit.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:02 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

When the doctor emptied my arm during the medical in London she said what it was going to be tested for and drugs were one of the things mentioned.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rete
It was done inside of the US. Probably makes a difference. Once you're in, they change things a bit.
Yes.

Although the OP refers to applying for "a visa", but doesn't indicate which one. (Presumably a marriage-related one due to the post's location.) I didn't need any medical for the H4.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

If that were the case, I'd expect it to turn up on this board occasionally, but I do not recall it having done so. The only ones that come to mind here are where the person firstly admitted it to the doctor, not where the doctor determined it by means of initial standard testing.
Mexican singer Paulina Rubio was reportedly denied a US visa two years ago after a blood test showed traces of marijuana. According to the article "The singer will be allowed to reapply for residency in three years."
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:52 pm

If that were the case, I'd expect it to turn up on this board occasionally, but I do not recall it having done so. The only ones that come to mind here are where the person firstly admitted it to the doctor, not where the doctor determined it by means of initial standard testing.
On other, larger groups like this one, the subject comes up a LOT more frequently. The ways this is uncovered may be random, may be from the applicants statements, may be cultural (ie rarely hear of a problem from Netherlands but almost always from Jamaica) but people DO get caught out by this all the time. There are hundreds of people waiting out their three year ban.

I know you like a large sample size.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

adlib222 is an unknown quantity at this point

So, not clear, is it a lifetime ban or a 3-year ban?