Medical Exam appointment tomorrow

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 2:10 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all
Default Medical Exam appointment tomorrow

Well I have my appointment for the AOS medical exam setup for tomorrow. I printed out the I-693 twice, one filled out with my details and another set blank. I intend also to bring my passport and also the only shot proof I have which is a tetnus shot from a few weeks back.
Is there anything else I might need to take with me?
With no shot record as such, will all the shots required be determind with bloodwork? Do they do their own bloodwork in their office or is it just like a normal doctor and that the bloodwork gets done in a lab?
If the bloodwork is done in a lab, can I take the surgeons paperwork to my own doctor and get the bloodwork redone with them and so enable my insurance to pay for the bloodwork, has anyone done this?
All info and advice very welcome.
Patrick
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 2:28 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Exam appointment tomorrow

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Well I have my appointment for the AOS medical exam setup for tomorrow. I printed out the I-693 twice, one filled out with my details and another set blank. I intend also to bring my passport and also the only shot proof I have which is a tetnus shot from a few weeks back.
Is there anything else I might need to take with me?
With no shot record as such, will all the shots required be determind with bloodwork? Do they do their own bloodwork in their office or is it just like a normal doctor and that the bloodwork gets done in a lab?
If the bloodwork is done in a lab, can I take the surgeons paperwork to my own doctor and get the bloodwork redone with them and so enable my insurance to pay for the bloodwork, has anyone done this?
All info and advice very welcome.
Patrick
Hi:

The docs on the approved list already have the I-693 in four sheet tear out form. They also have the vacinnation supplement.

It depends on the invidual office on how they handle the tests and results. Usually the HIV stuff some time and you are asked to come back and pick up the envelope. BTW, if anything is wrong, there is a public health concern and the Doc will tell you. No need to open the envelope. So DON'T open it.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:29 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The docs on the approved list already have the I-693 in four sheet tear out form. They also have the vacinnation supplement.

It depends on the invidual office on how they handle the tests and results. Usually the HIV stuff some time and you are asked to come back and pick up the envelope. BTW, if anything is wrong, there is a public health concern and the Doc will tell you. No need to open the envelope. So DON'T open it.
Thanks Folinskyinla,
I had read here of some doctors not having the forms and also my attorney said that some of the doctors he had dealt with in the past had also thought he would supply the form. I agree they should have the forms if they are an approved doctor.
I have had a full medical with my own doctor for the past two years, i.e. one each year for the last two years. I am reasonably healthy except for a thyroid condition I have.
And yes I have no intentions of sticking my nose in the sealed brown envelope
This is my real first step with anyone other than my attorney, kinda nervous but excited about the prospect of getting it started and the medical out of the way. Some have warned about having the medical too early, I will be filing my AOS documents on August 16th so I wanted to make sure I had no more than 30 days before the AOS papers are filed but also wanted to make sure that I had enough time to get whatever shots I required.
Patrick
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:52 am
Brenda Ballard

please post your timeline......and where will your aos take place.....

bb

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:25 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by Brenda Ballard

bb
As of yet I can't post a timeline cause we are not married yet. I will be filing through the San Franscisco office.
Plans are Wedding August 13th, file AOS on the 16th.
Patrick
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:06 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

As of yet I can't post a timeline cause we are not married yet. I will be filing through the San Franscisco office. Plans are Wedding August 13th, file AOS on the 16th.
Patrick

If you aren't getting married for another few weeks, that gives you plenty of time to write your local USCIS office in San Francisco and ask them if you actually require a medical exam and/or a vaccination supplement for AOS.

We found out before our AOS interview (but after we filed) that our local USCIS office (Norfolk VA) does not require K1 visa recipients applying for AOS to submit either a medical exam or a vaccination supplement, as long as the K1 medical exam was done within one year of when we filed for AOS. In our case, Mark's K1 medical was in March, and we filed for AOS in October.

When did you have your K1 medical exam?

We simply mailed them a letter asking for clarification, and got a response 2 weeks later. Good thing, too, because otherwise we would've wasted all that time and money to get the medical/vaccination supplement when we didn't need it.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:19 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
If you aren't getting married for another few weeks, that gives you plenty of time to write your local USCIS office in San Francisco and ask them if you actually require a medical exam and/or a vaccination supplement for AOS.

We found out before our AOS interview (but after we filed) that our local USCIS office (Norfolk VA) does not require K1 visa recipients applying for AOS to submit either a medical exam or a vaccination supplement, as long as the K1 medical exam was done within one year of when we filed for AOS. In our case, Mark's K1 medical was in March, and we filed for AOS in October.

When did you have your K1 medical exam?

We simply mailed them a letter asking for clarification, and got a response 2 weeks later. Good thing, too, because otherwise we would've wasted all that time and money to get the medical/vaccination supplement when we didn't need it.

~ Jenney
Sorry, but I did not enter the US on a K-1 and so needed the medical.
I just got back from the appointment. Was pretty straightforward. They did a PPD test and I have to go back on Saturday for it. Other than that I got the MMR and blood tests (part of the price). They asked if I had ever had chicken pox, I said I did not think so, they then asked had I been around anyone that had had it and I replied both my children had it at the same time, from that answer they decided that I must have had it cause it is highly contagious and so I did not get that shot. Took about 30 mins from start to finish, the doctor was pleasant and we discussed my thyroid problems and the terrorism in Northern Ireland .
All in all a painless experience (if I don't think of the shots and bloodwork LOL ).
Folinskyinla was 100% correct and they had all the forms needed, they used the one I took with me to fill in their forms and then also stuck it with my file.
The price including shots and bloodwork was $100 for exam (including bloodwork and PPD) $75 for MMR, total $175 complete.
Thanks for all the help
Patrick
Old Jul 24th 2004, 3:25 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

<snip> The price including shots and bloodwork was $100 for exam (including bloodwork and PPD) $75 for MMR, total $175 complete.
Thanks for all the help
Patrick
Sounds like everything went well with the medical, Patrick. Congratulations!!
Ranjini
Old Jul 24th 2004, 3:52 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by Ranjini
Sounds like everything went well with the medical, Patrick. Congratulations!!
Ranjini
Thanks,,
yes seems I chose a good doctor to get the medical. My PPD test is also looking real good so very little chance of needing a chest X-ray. Was very worried about the exam due to my lack of paperwork to support any shots I had.
My big surprise was that their attitude with the chicken pox shot was that I "must have already had chicken pox" even though I told them I had no recollection of ever having chicken pox, they just took the attitude if you lived in a house where two children had the chicken pox and did not get infected then I must already have had chicken pox already.
So I go in tomorrow to get the TB test checked and I may also get the brown envelope (not sure though), hope to get the ADIT pics tomorrow also.
Thanks again Ranjini
Old Jul 24th 2004, 2:27 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

My big surprise was that their attitude with the chicken pox shot was that I "must have already had chicken pox" even though I told them I had no recollection of ever having chicken pox, they just took the attitude if you lived in a house where two children had the chicken pox and did not get infected then I must already have had chicken pox already.
Thanks again Ranjini
I'm glad you had a choice with the varicella shots. You probably saved yourself a little there. The company I worked for re-imbursed the cost of the entire medical exam for both me and my K2 son. So I wasn't really bothered.
So looks like the London consulate website was spot-on. They'll probably let you have the sealed envelope tomorrow. Good show, Patrick
Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

kkate2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Brenda Ballard

bb

Brenda Are u also going through Memphis ? I am too but i still have to do the biometrics after 3 weeks. I know it will be a long wait for people applying through memphis but God gave us patient to keep on going especially i u are with the person u love. I'll let u posted with my own experience too. Hope to hear from u too.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 6:37 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by Ranjini
I'm glad you had a choice with the varicella shots. You probably saved yourself a little there. The company I worked for re-imbursed the cost of the entire medical exam for both me and my K2 son. So I wasn't really bothered.
So looks like the London consulate website was spot-on. They'll probably let you have the sealed envelope tomorrow. Good show, Patrick
Just back from Doctor's office and got the all clear on the TB test but my bloodwork is not back yet so told them I will call in on Tuesday to collect those and hopefully the brown sealed envelope
Patrick
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:47 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Just back from Doctor's office and got the all clear on the TB test but my bloodwork is not back yet so told them I will call in on Tuesday to collect those and hopefully the brown sealed envelope
Patrick
Latest update, went to the doctor's office, they filled out the finishing paperwork when I was there, they asked me to check through my details on the forms and then sign them, after that they sealed a set in an envelope and gave me copies of all the paperwork. So 10 mins later I was done with medical in hand, all clear
Have only some final copies of a divorce decree to get in the mail and I will be all set.
Woo hoo
Patrick
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:52 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Latest update, went to the doctor's office, they filled out the finishing paperwork when I was there, they asked me to check through my details on the forms and then sign them, after that they sealed a set in an envelope and gave me copies of all the paperwork. So 10 mins later I was done with medical in hand, all clear
Have only some final copies of a divorce decree to get in the mail and I will be all set.
Woo hoo
Patrick
Woo hoo!!! Ain't it cool when your document checklist becomes smaller? Probably hard to understand for people not going through this process, but one more document feels like a mountain has been overcome! Congrats!!!

Kate. xxx
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:58 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Woo hoo!!! Ain't it cool when your document checklist becomes smaller? Probably hard to understand for people not going through this process, but one more document feels like a mountain has been overcome! Congrats!!!

Kate. xxx

Yup... feel relieved the medical is done with,,, was one of the most costly parts with the exception of filing fees.
Very happy to have it behind me
Patrick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.