Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

MDUdall: New TSC and NSC reports came out last Friday

Wikiposts

MDUdall: New TSC and NSC reports came out last Friday

Old May 7th 2001, 8:45 am
MDUdall

The latest TSC & NSC processing time reports are out, and you can find those numbers
on my page located at http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm

AILA actually made those numbers available on Friday, May 4th, however I was out of
town on Friday and just returned last night, so that is why I'm three days late in
posting these numbers. I've seen that Lisa has already provided a link to another
site that also posts these numbers, but I thought I'd put in my posting anyway just
in case anybody missed Lisa's posting.

About the TSC'S report: There was some movement for I-129f's however they also are
reporting an increase in the number of I-129f's pending (went from 2,245 on the last
report to the current total of 2,742). I-130's for relatives of U.S. citizens
increased from 57,941 on the last report to 63,312, and the I-130 "other" cases
increased from 106,400 to 127,465. There was also a huge increase in the I-821
category (went from 1,570 to 19,042) however that probably won't affect I-129f
processing, as I believe the I-821's are processed through a different product line
(of course, they could move people from the other product lines to address this huge
increase in I-821's).

About the NSC'S report: As I reported last month, one odd thing about the current
report (and last months report) is that it failed to list the processing "To" and
"From" dates that normally appear on the reports. Up until the last two reports,
those figures normally appeared on the reports. I don't know why they took those
numbers off of the reports (speculation: perhaps it was leading to too many
complaints by those who used those numbers the determine their case had exceeded the
range of total processing time by days, and since those numbers are only estimates
and not binding on the NSC, perhaps it was leading to too many calls on this issue).

Unfortunately they still do not list a separate processing time for I-129f's and
instead just list them for I-129's. I have written the director letters on two
separate occasions asking him to start listing the processing times for I-129f's but
as I said, this latest report does not include those figures.

I'll send him another letter, and I'm putting out the call once again for everybody
who has an I-129f filed, or soon to be filed at the NSC to also send
Mr. Way a letter urging him to start listing processing times for I-129f's (thanks to
the one ng participant who last month posted that he sent a letter). If he gets
enough of them, maybe that will get some results.

Here is a sample letter you can use to model your own letter. Your help in this
letter writing campaign is appreciated.

Best Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Copyright 2001 Matthew Udall

-//-

USINS, Nebraska Service Center Attn: Center Director, Mr. Terry Way 850 "S" Street
Lincoln, NE. 68501

Dear Mr. Way, I am (put your name here) and I live within the jurisdiction of the
Nebraska Service Center.

I have filed an I-129f petition for alien fiancée with your office on (put in the
approximate date you mailed your petition, or the notice date if you already have
your receipt notice). (If you are about to file your I-129f, instead say something
like, "I will soon be filing my I-129f petition for alien fiancée with your office").

I am aware that your office puts out a monthly report concerning the processing times
for various petitions and applications filed with your office, and I see those
figures republished on various websites maintained by attorneys who are members of
the American Immigration Lawyers Association. However, I also notice that your
monthly reports only list the processing time for I-129's, and it does not include
the processing time for I-129f's.

I am writing you to see if your office would consider breaking out the processing
time for I-129f's on your monthly reports you provide to AILA.

According to an AILA-NSC teleconference report dated 09/13/2000, it was asked, "Is it
possible for your processing time report to be any more specific on I-129's? For
example, the processing time of an L-1 petition is considerably different than that
for an H-1B. Is there any way to further break this down so that our client's
expectations will be more realistic?"

Answer: "The NSC is adjudicating all non-immigrant I-129 cases within 30 to 45 days,
so the NSC does not see any value in breaking out timeframes for different
classifications for which an I-129 would be filed. The NSC will break out I-129f
(fiancée) petition adjudication times".

So, if I understand your office's answer correctly, your monthly report for "I-129"
does not include processing times for I-129f's. Therefore, I'm writing you to see if
you would be willing to start listing processing times for I-129f's on your monthly
reports. I know it would be very helpful in my particular case, and I'll bet it would
be very helpful to other petitioners who check these reports every month. It might
even reduce the amount of time your office spends answering Congressional inquiries
from those who think their case has become lost or is overdue.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request.

Best Regards,

(List your name)

Old May 7th 2001, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Razor Oye is an unknown quantity at this point

I am confused - I clicked on the link, but it was last month's update. It still said that TSC had 2,245 I-129F applications dating back to December 15. Is there somewhere that it could be updated? I would like to know what they are reporting this month to see how much progress they have made.

BTW, I found and read the post by Lisa B., but it only directed me to the timeline page and did not tell me the current processing date.

Please advise -
Razor Oye
Old May 7th 2001, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Incidentally - I did click the "refresh" - and nothing still.
Old May 7th 2001, 10:50 am
MDUdall

My fault. I forgot to do the actual uploading. Try it now.

Razor, I change the numbers each month, and unlike my JIT page, you won't see the
numbers for prior months. I suppose you can start printing them out and save them
when the new reports come out if you want to track the progress. I keep the old
reports in my Service Center binder, but the old reports are not posted on the net
(perhaps they are by others, but that's not how I have my service center processing
tables set up.

http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm

Old May 7th 2001, 12:29 pm
Grinch

"Razor Oye" <[email protected]> gave me an idea when he wrote in

>

I clicked Refresh and my wife bought me a large cold bottle of Heineken. Excellent
idea Razor Fish.

Grinch

Old May 7th 2001, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Grinch - not only is he cerebral, but clever to boot!
Always good for a chuckle -

Cheers -
Razor Oye
Old May 7th 2001, 3:39 pm
James McCartney

>
    >
    >

Woo hoo! In the 30 days of April they made 13 days of progress. They have moved from
12/15/00 all the way up tp 12/28/00.

My 1st NOA was Feb 2 so if you take the number of days between 12/28 and
2/2 that is 36 days, times the TSC's rate of progress of 30 calendar days per 13 days
of petitions that is 36 * 30/13 that means I only have 83 more days to wait !! That
will make my estimated total wait time a very brief 177 days..

Of course all of that was *before* the recent flood of applications by the amnesty
applicants, so the rate of progress may even slow down.

Things do not look good at all. There has still not been one approval listed for this
year at http://www.wkh.org/k-1visa/tsc4.htm

Old May 8th 2001, 12:49 pm
Eben Haezer

What gives with the TSC ? It appears that they haven't approved even ONE fiancee visa
for this calendar year, based upon the report I saw at
http://www.wkh.org/k-1visa/tsc4.htm. Can anyone shed some light on this ? I have a
notice of action dated March 15, and was expecting something to happen by June. Is
this totally unrealistic ?

AB

Old May 8th 2001, 1:28 pm
Vermyndax

Yes, that is totally unrealistic. They have yet to approve any petitions sent in for
the 2001 calendar year.

Yep, I'm just as pissed as you are. With results like this, is it any wonder people
try to dodge the system?

--Alexander

>
    >
    >
I
    >
happen
    >
    >
    >

Old May 8th 2001, 3:18 pm
Vermyndax

Who knows. At this point, I'm thinking the only harm that can be done is breaking a
TSC adjudicator's arm...

...AFTER they stamp our I-129F's with "approved."

--Alexander

>
    >
being
    >
    >
    >
some
    >
    >