LTNS! Preparing for I-751

Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:33 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LTNS! Preparing for I-751

Biometrics is required. After you file you'll get your extension letter and within a few weeks a letter regarding your biometrics appointment. When and if you file for citizenship you'll have to get your biometrics done again.

Affidavits are optional and not exactly the strongest form of evidence.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:34 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I've also noticed that California seems to be much quicker than Vermont in terms of processing times.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

While I agree that that affidavit is not exactly strong evidence, it is listed on instructions as what to include as evidence of relationship. That considered is it wise not to bother?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

seawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really nice

Originally Posted by jetbedlam
While I agree that that affidavit is not exactly strong evidence, it is listed on instructions as what to include as evidence of relationship. That considered is it wise not to bother?
If you have plenty of other evidence don't bother with affidavits. We never sent any affidavits in.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

Thanks If I knew what wording to use it'd be pretty easy, but yes, we have plenty other evidence.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:15 pm

They are only suggestions . You don't have to include them. It also suggests birth certificates of your children. If you don't have children as many of us do not you can't submit those either.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:16 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Read carefully, and note that the instruction provide a list of examples that an applicant might wish to submit. What each applicant choses to submit is entirely up to the individual applicant.

Regards, JEff

Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all. I always tend to err on the side of caution/overkill with this stuff
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:55 pm

Thanks all. I always tend to err on the side of caution/overkill with this stuff
I normally do as well! You should be fine.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 3:31 am

My attorney rang VSC to check on our case today since it was filed the beginning of February.They told him that there is nothing wrong with our case but now the processing times can be 8 to 12 months. They wouldn't do any service request either. Last week they told him we should hear by the end of last week. I guess the answer varied depending on who you talk to, Basically even though it was almost 7 months they still won't do anything. They cashed the check quick enough though! California seem to be much quicker. So if anyone has recently filed at VSC it seems like the wait can be longer than 6 months so don't fret!
Old Sep 24th 2011, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so out stuff is being mailed tomorrow, FAR later than I had hoped but there was an emergency that couldnt be avoided but we're all ok and we have EVERYTHING ready to go!

So husband is off to UPS tomorrow to get it shipped out ASAP.

Now my card runs out Oct 22nd, If im correct reading what penguinebar has said so far, I'll be getting an extension letter first, that sounds pretty straight forward and I just want to confirm that this letter WILL allow me to continue to work, correct?

next step will be biometrics and then its the waiting game I guess, and I do nothing but protect the extension letter with my life until I either get my new card....or apply for citizenship next year?

Im actually really excited to be mailing it off tomorrow, I of course do not recommend leaving it late to do it to anyone reading my thread, we had a family emergency Id rather not go into and I wish we could of hand the funds to deal with it and immgration at the same time but we didnt.

but no more sad faces, its being sent tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2011, 4:54 am

Hi Pepsi,

My husband got his extension lette less than a week after we filed. Yes you can continue working. He still doesn't have his permanent greencard. My attorney put in a service request because it is now 7 1/2 months but he still said not to worry. USCIS wouldn't put in a request earlier. We sent in plenty of evidence . I guess it depends on who looks over your file in deciding how long it takes. USCIS also told him that the processing times on the website are not accurate.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Penguinbar fingers crossed its not too much longer for you guys!

heres my completed and final list that is being mailed out tomorrow hopefully this will help give an idea to others filing soon what they might want to include!
•Contents
•Check for the amount of $590.00 (Five hundred and Ninety dollars)
•Form: I-751
•Previous Address attachment for form I-751

Evidence for Marriage based Residence:

• Copy of Marriage License and certificate
• Copy of Child (son) Birth Certificate
• Original 3 Affidavits from friends and neighbors
• Copys of Tax Return Transcripts for 2009 & 2010 filed Married Joint
• Copys of Join bank statements from 2009, 2010 & 2011
• Copy of joint Electric bill
• Copy of joint Savings Account
• Copy of joint Trash collection Bill
• Copy of joint Cell Phone bills for 2010 & 2011
• Copy of joint landline telephone bill
• Copy of joint house appraisal
• Copies of 2 Pre-approvals for a joint Mortgage
• Christmas Card from overseas family
• Baby shower Invitation
• New Baby card

Photo Evidence:
(list of brief discription of photos in order from marriage onwards)
We have kept the originals of all evidence sent in, except the affidavits but we have made copies of those for ourselves. The form, check, contents list and new address letter are all originals.

Last edited by PepsiChic; Sep 24th 2011 at 5:45 am.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Now my card runs out Oct 22nd, If im correct reading what penguinebar has said so far, I'll be getting an extension letter first, that sounds pretty straight forward and I just want to confirm that this letter WILL allow me to continue to work, correct?
Has your employer suggested that they will need updated work authorization by October 22? That happens to be illegal since the I-9 regulations specifically state that the expiration on the card does not require update of the I-9. This contrasts with non-immigrant or I-698 EAD's which do require an update. Many employers are not aware of this. When I was in practice, I had to, from time to time, provide a copy of the regulation to the employer in a friendly fashion.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 5:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you have had the legend removed from your social security card employee vertification of work authorization will not be an issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.