Lost passport

Old Dec 11th 2014, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Tigger3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost passport

Hey all,

So we are in the process of obtaining a CR1, interview in London on 12th of Jan (yay!)
Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. My husband, the beneficiary, had his passport stolen a few weeks ago and had to get a new one so it's a different passport number on it etc. Should I email the embassy and tell them? Hoping we wont have to re-submit any forms at this stage!
Thanks all

Last edited by Tigger3; Dec 11th 2014 at 6:52 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost passport

No need. I would wait for the interview and take the new passport along with all pertaining evidence with you.

If there is an issue with it, they will more than likely send you an RFE.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigger3
Should I email the embassy and tell them?
I agree with Guindalf. Your husband should probably also bring a copy of the police report to the interview.

Ian
Old Dec 11th 2014, 11:08 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigger3
Hey all,

So we are in the process of obtaining a CR1, interview in London on 12th of Jan (yay!)
Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. My husband, the beneficiary, had his passport stolen a few weeks ago and had to get a new one so it's a different passport number on it etc. Should I email the embassy and tell them? Hoping we wont have to re-submit any forms at this stage!
Thanks all
Client had this happen some years back and it was no problem. That said, it was in a country with strict National ID system and the NID was always noted in the passport.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

At least in London they will take a police report for a stolen passport, in NYC the cops refused to do so for me without other ID. I got an emergency passport from the British Consulate but they said they'd have to keep it for their files to make the report because they 'don't do copies.' Presumably if I had a driving licence they'd have wanted to keep that too! The reason they gave was 'Because of 9/11.' Yes after 9/11 lots of people pretended their passports were stolen to an authority that had no means to replace them, right!

Sorry your guy lost his passport, it is so inconvenient, hope something nasty happens to the A-hole who took it! I would also take a copy of the passport cancellation form to the interview, if you have one.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Tigger3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok phew! we have police report and emergency passport as well as the new passport so will bring it all along.
Thanks so much!
Old Dec 12th 2014, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I agree with Guindalf. Your husband should probably also bring a copy of the police report to the interview.

Ian
My Gosh!!!! Mark THAT one on your calendar!!!