London Visa Backlog

Old Jun 21st 2018, 10:24 am
Just Joined

kateq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Visa Backlog

Originally Posted by dwlovatt
Good morning Kate,

Huge weight lifted - we got approved!

The interview was a breeze, they asked a couple of really simple questions of me. How long have you been doing this line of work and how many people do you employ etc.. and it was approved. They then ask my wife and kids a coupe of random questions about their ages etc and it was all done.

The lady in the original line said not to get a full set of photos done until you are told to as the ones already on the DS160 were good enough, then the lady who took our finger prints told us that was wrong (a bit abruptly!) However, we only needed one set redone for our daughter it turns out, the rest were fine. Photo booth is right next to the finger print windows, so your call how you do it!

Just waiting now for the passports to get sent back - tickets booked for 5th July to rent a house and get kids enrolled in schools.

Everyone was really nice and pleasant, especially the American IO who couldn't have made us feel more relaxed.

Good luck and happy travels

Dave
huge congratulations Dave!!!! Excellent news for you and your family. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Thanks for keeping us updated and providing some moral support during the long wait! Can’t wait to hear how you guys get on in the States 😊

To all those who are left waiting, I hope the delays aren’t too long and your applications are successful. This time next week we’ll have had our interview and will know. Fingers crossed!

Old Jun 21st 2018, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

kateq is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit of a side question, those who have had their interview, can you take small handbag into the embassy with you or is it strict no luggage?
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Islandmac79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dwlovatt
Good morning Kate,

Huge weight lifted - we got approved!

The interview was a breeze, they asked a couple of really simple questions of me. How long have you been doing this line of work and how many people do you employ etc.. and it was approved. They then ask my wife and kids a coupe of random questions about their ages etc and it was all done.

The lady in the original line said not to get a full set of photos done until you are told to as the ones already on the DS160 were good enough, then the lady who took our finger prints told us that was wrong (a bit abruptly!) However, we only needed one set redone for our daughter it turns out, the rest were fine. Photo booth is right next to the finger print windows, so your call how you do it!

Just waiting now for the passports to get sent back - tickets booked for 5th July to rent a house and get kids enrolled in schools.

Everyone was really nice and pleasant, especially the American IO who couldn't have made us feel more relaxed.

Good luck and happy travels

Dave
massive congratulations! Wishing you all every success for your adventure!!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2018, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

dwlovatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kateq
Bit of a side question, those who have had their interview, can you take small handbag into the embassy with you or is it strict no luggage?
Morning,

We saw plenty of small handbags going in ok. Back packs was a definite no, and no laptops.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Taffylola is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Today we received our invitation to schedule our appointments- its Day 47!

NO appointments available so called them and she said to keep checking- Im on it every 10 minutes!!!
Old Jun 26th 2018, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

upnorth78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Taffylola- hope you get an interview slot soon! We are on Day 16 of waiting :-(
Old Jun 28th 2018, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks UpNorth are you waiting for interview or for the email to invite you for interview?

Im still not able to book an interview they are all greyed out. I called the embassy interview booking line and she couldn't help either. I have to just keep checking for dates- which I am like every 2 minutes!!!

I have emailed the embassy IT help desk too so see if its a technical issue. If there still isn't a date by Monday Im calling them again.

Did anyone watch the programme "Inside the American embassy" on TV CH4 the other night? Very interesting viewing about how its the best time to invest in the USA and how they are encouraging people to move and invest there. Sounds like they need to get their visa processing in order first! Next week is about just that- how the US embassy in London process the visas.
Old Jun 28th 2018, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Taffylola
We are waiting for the email to invite for interview. I wonder if they are already looking at the paperwork now or is that closer to the interview email?

I can't believe that there are no interview slots available. Very worrying as the holiday season is coming up, I assume the embassy will have staff taking time off?

Didn't watch the programme- will have to check it out on catch up! Sounds interesting. :-)
Old Jun 29th 2018, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi just out of interest how many years did you all get?

:-)
Old Jun 29th 2018, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Its a 5 year visa but you can extend it and keep extending it
Old Jun 29th 2018, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, i meant how long did everyone get, some get 2 years initially some get 5 :-)
Old Jun 30th 2018, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Wh431 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone got interview dates from London embassy in June?

I am waiting for a Family based (F3) case but no news from embassy. Case was 'Documentarily completed' on 11th June. Seems like the London embassy is busier than others..
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Still no appointments available- I check every 10 minutes and nothing! Called the appointment helpline and they say they cant book either as nothing showing. Rang the embassy main line and spoke to the operator sh said the dept that schedule appointments dont take phone calls and to just keep trying!

Its now a week since we had the email! This is ridiculous!!!

Dave you said that you called them and they made one available to you. Who did you call?
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

So after several days of checking on line and no dates being available I took matters into my own hands and emailed the technical support team and told them there's an error on the website and I cant book a date. Then I had someone from The Contact Desk Support Team email me and told me she had opened an appointment for me at 12pm on the 25th July and to book it straight away. Luckily I was near my computer when I got her email and went on straight away and tried to book it but it didn't show up, despite refreshing the page every few seconds. I emailed that evening but they had gone home.

I emailed again this morning and someone told me that I wasn't quick enough and that someone else must have taken it!!! She said she was opening me up another one "shortly" for 24th July at 1 pm. I have literally been glued to my phone all afternoon (whilst also meeting a friend who luckily was understanding and didn't find me rude!) and luckily after 2 hours it came up and I got it in time and booked it!

My advice is that if you just wait and dont contact them you will be waiting a long time. If you email directly to complain then they make you an appointment specially.

My attorney was shocked they opened one up for me but I think its just whoever shouts the loadest gets sorted out! If i hadn't we still wouldn't have a date and would still be in limbo!
Now we just need to get through the interview!

Last edited by Taffylola; Jul 3rd 2018 at 6:30 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jul 10th 2018, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mall18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
does anyone know if the 45 business days for review still stand at London? We put our application in on 28th June and they didn't even acknowledge it until 6th July. On the website it still says 30days for review and 5 calendar days for interviews but I suspect that is completely out of date. Any feedback on current times would be much appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.