London Visa Backlog

Old Jun 5th 2018, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

dwlovatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Visa Backlog

Originally Posted by Islandmac79
So we had our E2 visa interview today - extremely anti-climatic. New building, efficient process, interviewed, granted for 5 years. Now to catch up
on the last 9 months of sleep we’ve missed.

I genuinely do think of the people I’ve been talking to on this thread, it has been an incredibly stressful process and we’ve been through the visa application before. I will continue to think of you and hope that you get your good news soon. Keeping everything crossed for you!!
Congrats! 5 years as well....that is awesome news

Time to take the Champagne off ice.

Good luck.

Dave
Old Jun 5th 2018, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by James Y
Hi All,

Thanks so much for starting this thread - myself and my wife are going through an E2 renewal ourselves right now (this is our 2nd renewal) and getting extremely frustrated with the wait times - comforting to know at least we're not the only ones.

We received confirmation of our application on April 13th, our lawyer chased them approx one week ago, we're still being processed and didn't receive any estimates as to how much longer it might take. Glad to see some of you are at least getting the interview requests - although very concerned about lack of interview availability...

Following this thread with interest - I'll let everyone know if we hear anything on ours - would love to hear other people's progress,

James
Good luck! Keep us updated.

Dave
Old Jun 5th 2018, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Islandmac79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kateq

CONGRATULATIONS on getting 5 years!! So very pleased for you! Wishing you all the best for your move- when are you intending on going? Keep us updated please, nice to hear some happy news 😊
thanks Kate, what a slog it’s been!! We are moving back to the states, the only hiatus being because we had to leave because the new visa wasn’t processed in time. (Were previously on an O1 but now my husband has set up his own thing). We’ve lived in the Bay Area for the last 3.5 years and so are now going home again -
back to our house and dog and friends with family once
again forming an orderly queue for cheap Californian holidays

The first year when we initially moved was
very hard, it’s a big adjustment, so it’s a shame that this visa processing is sapping so much energy from everyone right now because you do need some reserves for when you get there. But I look forward to hearing everyone’s good news in the next few weeks -
its coming!!
Old Jun 5th 2018, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

upnorth78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done one the 5 years!

We have just submitted our E2 submission today so now we wait..... and wait. How frustrating to hear about the lack of interview dates.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Taffylola is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
So grateful to read this post as we too are waiting for our E2 treaty investor visa application to be processed. It was submitted on 18th April and going by the 45 days we should hear by Friday 22nd June.
Seriously worried about the interview wait times though! Got to get the kids registered in schools and move out of our house by end of July. Also worried that we have committed to a house lease from July 22nd and can’t ship our furniture over without visas!

Dave have you got an interview date yet?

Does anyone know if you can ship your furniture and goods over without a visa?

Thanks

Last edited by Taffylola; Jun 6th 2018 at 9:30 am.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Since my post earlier my attorney emailed me with the following update:

"The E cases cases submitted directly before yours have taken about 6 to 7 weeks for adjudication instead of the regular 4 to 5 (i.e. - around 45 days in instead of 30). I had one E client select July 24th as an appointment date last week, so no, July and August were not all booked up. As well, there are often reschedulings and cancellations which can sometimes allow people to get in earlier if they monitor the site.
We can request an emergency appointment, but there must be compelling evidence for doing so. Otherwise, they are going to keep you in the queue.
Again, at this stage, the case is in the Embassy's hands, so there's not a lot we can do other than wait it out.

Its so annoying as I need the visas to register the kids into schools, get our furniture shipped and start work. Also Im worried as its my 40th this year on 13th August and we have a holiday in Vegas booked so I need my passport back for it! Was thinking about all going out on ESTAS and then coming back for interview but he said all the kids have to be there too so its just too expensive to fly over and back.

Our issue is that we complete on our house 25th July and there is no lee-way on this. We have leased house in LA from 22nd July so are homeless whilst we wait for these visas. Really annoyed as attorney told me dont worry it only takes 4-6 weeks so no need to rush!

So frustrating!!!
Old Jun 7th 2018, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Taffylola
Hi everyone
So grateful to read this post as we too are waiting for our E2 treaty investor visa application to be processed. It was submitted on 18th April and going by the 45 days we should hear by Friday 22nd June.
Seriously worried about the interview wait times though! Got to get the kids registered in schools and move out of our house by end of July. Also worried that we have committed to a house lease from July 22nd and can’t ship our furniture over without visas!

Thanks

Morning

Yes, thankfully, just yesterday afternoon we got 20th June as the appointment date.

My case may not be typical in terms of appointments as there were 5 of us, but when I got my email, there were originally no appointments to be had.

Obviously, you have to wait for your passports to be returned which can take up to 2 weeks I believe, although we did expedite our return so I don't know the reality of that timescale as yet.

Good luck and, from reading other people's stories, it seems that the wait is normal, the staff are kind and its all worth it in the end

Dave

Dave
Old Jun 7th 2018, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone

Thanks

Sorry one other thing - you can ship anything you like over there is nothing stopping the import of personal items I don't believe. However, I would caution you that you could get a rejection and end up with all your goods in the wrong country obviously! I was told 5% of applications get a flat no even after re-applying after an initial no.

When you say you have sold your house in the UK - did your attorney say that was fine? Have you another house here? I ask this because that may not be something you want to volunteer unless asked at the interview because you have to have 'strong' ties to your home country as part of the terms of the e2 Visa. Not teaching you to suck eggs here, just something worth thinking about and apologies if you have this already dealt with.

Dave
Old Jun 7th 2018, 9:10 am
Just Joined

kateq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dwlovatt
Morning

Yes, thankfully, just yesterday afternoon we got 20th June as the appointment date.

My case may not be typical in terms of appointments as there were 5 of us, but when I got my email, there were originally no appointments to be had.

Obviously, you have to wait for your passports to be returned which can take up to 2 weeks I believe, although we did expedite our return so I don't know the reality of that timescale as yet.

Good luck and, from reading other people's stories, it seems that the wait is normal, the staff are kind and its all worth it in the end

Dave

Dave
Oh I'm really pleased that you got a date Dave - and not too far away either! Good luck for the interview - let us know how it goes please and about the experience, we're a week after you so looking forward to hearing your update!
Old Jun 7th 2018, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi Dave thats great you have an appointment, great news and good luck.You got an appointment quickly was it a cancellation?

yes our attorney said thats fine. we do own another house although its rented. We wont mention it anyway just in case!
Old Jun 7th 2018, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

James Y is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Still no news for us (application was accepted April 13th which puts us at about 37/38 business days), for those of you who have had the interview - can you please advise how long it is taking for your passports to be returned to you? We are having to pay to change the dates of our return tickets to the USA because of the delay - just trying to make a good guess when re-booking because we don't want to pay twice!

Thank you

Last edited by James Y; Jun 7th 2018 at 10:47 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2018, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi James
keep us updated on when you get your interview as you are just a few days ahead of us so will be helpful to know your progress. Fingers crossed for good news soon!
Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi Dave thats great you have an appointment, great news and good luck.You got an appointment quickly was it a cancellation?

yes our attorney said thats fine. we do own another house although its rented. We wont mention it anyway just in case!
Morning!

Getting the appointment was a weird old affair. There was no date available for a few days so I contacted the embassy and they put one in there for me to pick, which I did.

Good luck and keep us updated...

Dave
Old Jun 12th 2018, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: London Visa Backlog

Originally Posted by James Y
Hello all,

Still no news for us (application was accepted April 13th which puts us at about 37/38 business days), for those of you who have had the interview - can you please advise how long it is taking for your passports to be returned to you? We are having to pay to change the dates of our return tickets to the USA because of the delay - just trying to make a good guess when re-booking because we don't want to pay twice!

Thank you
Hi James
Have you heard anything yet? Not a dickiebird here!
Old Jun 12th 2018, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

James Y is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing here either unfortunately - we are at 40+ days now, I'm really hoping to hear something this week based on others - fingers crossed.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.