London Visa Backlog

Old May 14th 2018, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

kateq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Visa Backlog

Hi,
Following this thread, as we had our E2 application submitted the last week of March and haven't heard back yet. We are now over the 30 working days too.
Good luck ot all those waiting!
Old May 14th 2018, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Islandmac79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave - first thing this morning we had a response to our letter of last week saying that we hadn’t yet reached the 40 days mark as there were some holidays we hadn’t factored in (even though they gave us a date to contact them). A few hours later
we
subsequently received our letter inviting us for interview - we have the 5th June. I’m keeping everything crossed for you. I know the stress you’re under because I’ve just felt some of it lifted from my shoulders. Let me know how you get on - hope you get your good news VERY soon.
Old May 15th 2018, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

dwlovatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Islandmac79
Dave - first thing this morning we had a response to our letter of last week saying that we hadn’t yet reached the 40 days mark as there were some holidays we hadn’t factored in (even though they gave us a date to contact them). A few hours later
we
subsequently received our letter inviting us for interview - we have the 5th June. I’m keeping everything crossed for you. I know the stress you’re under because I’ve just felt some of it lifted from my shoulders. Let me know how you get on - hope you get your good news VERY soon.
That is AWESOME news! I was starting to lose the will to live here. The interview isn't too far away either, that was my 'next worry'

Fingers crossed for you and with any look, we'll be a week behind you. Where are you heading for by the way?

Dave
Old May 15th 2018, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kateq
Hi,
Following this thread, as we had our E2 application submitted the last week of March and haven't heard back yet. We are now over the 30 working days too.
Good luck ot all those waiting!
The response I got recently was that it is a 45 day wait time for review excluding public holidays in the UK and the US, as well as weekends. So for me, our submission was accepted on 23 March and the 45th day is 30th may.
Old May 15th 2018, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

kateq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dwlovatt
The response I got recently was that it is a 45 day wait time for review excluding public holidays in the UK and the US, as well as weekends. So for me, our submission was accepted on 23 March and the 45th day is 30th may.
Thanks for this. Ours was accepted on 28th, so we're a few days behind you. It's torturous waiting isnt it (I'm a naturally impatient person anyway lol)

Keep us posted when you hear please! Here's hoping the backlog frees up a bit!
Old May 16th 2018, 12:41 am
Just Joined

parmars is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to let you all know I final heard back the embassy so have arranged interview for 30th May, so will let know how I get on.
Old May 16th 2018, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by parmars
Hi to let you all know I final heard back the embassy so have arranged interview for 30th May, so will let know how I get on.
Excellent! Seems like there are now some people actually moving through the process which is great news all around.

Good luck and I am sure it will go well on 30th May.

Good luck with your new life abroad

Dave
Old May 17th 2018, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Lisahart28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I am going a bit off track as I am currently in administrative processing for an E2 visa and have been waiting 70 days since my interview back on March 8th 2018. I feel very lucky to have got an interview so quickly, but wanted to know if the delay in the interview process was having an impact on the administrative processing cases?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Lisa
Old May 18th 2018, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lisahart28
Hello,

I am going a bit off track as I am currently in administrative processing for an E2 visa and have been waiting 70 days since my interview back on March 8th 2018. I feel very lucky to have got an interview so quickly, but wanted to know if the delay in the interview process was having an impact on the administrative processing cases?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Lisa
Good morning Lisa,

Whilst I cannot answer that directly, I can just reiterate what my attorney (and many others I believe) are saying which is that there is a huge backlog of cases at the embassy since the move and insufficient staff to handle them it seems. As such, it must have some kind of affect on all cases.

Do you know why you went into Administrative Processing?

Dave
Old May 18th 2018, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Good morning Lisa,

Whilst I cannot answer that directly, I can just reiterate what my attorney (and many others I believe) are saying which is that there is a huge backlog of cases at the embassy since the move and insufficient staff to handle them it seems. As such, it must have some kind of affect on all cases.

Do you know why you went into Administrative Processing?

Dave
Thank you, for getting back to me so quickly Dave.

I has my E2 Visa appointment with my husband who received the Visa, but I am going through on a spouse E2 Derivative. We were both informed our visas had been approved on the 8th of March, but only my husband actually got the visa and I was placed into administrative processing. I do not know how common this is for this sort of situation.

I was asked for 15 years of travel history, employment and residential addresses along with all passport numbers and names of any siblings. I have never had a criminal conviction, have only travelled to Orlando or New York for the past 7 years, am a british citizen with a standard british name (Hart)! I have had no medical issues that have had to declare and quite frankly am baffled as to why I am in this particular situation.

I did send a query when I spotted a wrong airport, on my application, (putting MCO instead of Miami) in my additional information request and received a reply from the E Visa Unit the next day; which according to the lawyers is a good thing. It is just so saddening and disheartening to not know anything and be left in the dark, but hopefully some good news will come soon.

Lisa
Old May 18th 2018, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lisahart28
Thank you, for getting back to me so quickly Dave.

I has my E2 Visa appointment with my husband who received the Visa, but I am going through on a spouse E2 Derivative. We were both informed our visas had been approved on the 8th of March, but only my husband actually got the visa and I was placed into administrative processing. I do not know how common this is for this sort of situation.

I was asked for 15 years of travel history, employment and residential addresses along with all passport numbers and names of any siblings. I have never had a criminal conviction, have only travelled to Orlando or New York for the past 7 years, am a british citizen with a standard british name (Hart)! I have had no medical issues that have had to declare and quite frankly am baffled as to why I am in this particular situation.

I did send a query when I spotted a wrong airport, on my application, (putting MCO instead of Miami) in my additional information request and received a reply from the E Visa Unit the next day; which according to the lawyers is a good thing. It is just so saddening and disheartening to not know anything and be left in the dark, but hopefully some good news will come soon.

Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Thats a real shame this is holding you up! I think given that the main sponsor got the visa, you will be good to go surely....

I have a friend in the US with a very standard name who has a namesake who appeared on a no-fly list and he struggles regularly so it could be something as daft as that.

Good luck and I imagine that its just the backlog from the embassy move.

Don't forget to post an update when you get it

Dave
Old May 18th 2018, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Thank you Dave, I will do

Lisa
Old May 22nd 2018, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Islandmac79 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is AWESOME news! I was starting to lose the will to live here. The interview isn't too far away either, that was my 'next worry'

Fingers crossed for you and with any look, we'll be a week behind you. Where are you heading for by the way?

Dave
Hi Dave,

any news yet? Reading your subsequent posts I’ve realised you might have a few more days to go but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Subject to successful interview (!), we will be moving back to Silicon Valley (San fran Bay Area), how about you?

🤞🤞🤞
Laura
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Islandmac79

Hi Dave,

any news yet? Reading your subsequent posts I’ve realised you might have a few more days to go but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Subject to successful interview (!), we will be moving back to Silicon Valley (San fran Bay Area), how about you?

🤞🤞🤞
Laura
Morning Laura

Yep, I reckon that we have until 30th May for our 45th day....2 UK bank Holidays and Memorial Day to count in there

But with this weather though....its taken away some of the misery out of waiting.

I love San Fran, holds some great memories for me. Sure you'll love life there, whats not to like eh!

We are heading to Jacksonville Fl...again...with a successful interview (if it ever actually arrives!) Two weeks today for you then! Fingers crossed

Good luck.

Dave
Old May 23rd 2018, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

tracyandneil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully things will pick up soon! Good luck everyone :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.