London Visa Backlog

Old Apr 30th 2018, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

dwlovatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London Visa Backlog

Good day

I am applying for an E2 visa, moving to the US from the UK.

My D160 was accepted 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for an interview. Attorney is hesitant (or maybe its not possible) to follow up with the embassy.

Question is: What are E2 applicants seeing in waiting times from the London embassy for review, prior to an interview appointment being granted?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Old Apr 30th 2018, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Visa Backlog

Originally Posted by dwlovatt
Good day

I am applying for an E2 visa, moving to the US from the UK.

My D160 was accepted 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for an interview. Attorney is hesitant (or maybe its not possible) to follow up with the embassy.

Question is: What are E2 applicants seeing in waiting times from the London embassy for review, prior to an interview appointment being granted?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
what do u mean u r waiting? don't u log in and book the interview yourself? thats what we did for L1 and L2. Belfast had sooner availability for us at the time.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

No - with an E-2 they have to validate your business plan etc... and you have to wait to be invited to book an interview...
Old Apr 30th 2018, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

No - with an E-2 they have to validate your business plan etc... and you have to wait to be invited to book an interview...
ahh ok. hopefully not too much longer then
Old Apr 30th 2018, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

E2 reviews can take around 90 days if you don't purchase the premium processing. E-2 unit in London is run ragged at the minute as a lot of staff left in light of Trump. It'll take the full amount of time, I expect.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 11:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiversaint
E2 reviews can take around 90 days if you don't purchase the premium processing. E-2 unit in London is run ragged at the minute as a lot of staff left in light of Trump. It'll take the full amount of time, I expect.
Was that on their letters of resignation and were reported to the press?
Old May 1st 2018, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

My IO for AOS said he and his colleagues were actually pretty happy with the Trump administration due to them being allowed a significant amount of time to investigate each case before interview, thus allowing them to catch more fraudulent applicants...
Old May 1st 2018, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

I was told you cannot purchase premium processing, else I would have done that. Are you sure that is an option on the E-2 at London?
Old May 1st 2018, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Was that on their letters of resignation and were reported to the press?
This place can be very tiresome. Do I really need to answer those questions? Or are you being rhetorical in such a way that you do not realise the level of myopia in your post?

Confidential sources are just that. You have a choice whether to believe what I said. You also have a choice over whether to state your discontentment with it in a more friendly way, or even at all.

If you begin to suggest that those are real questions, then I really do wonder what the world is coming to.
Old May 1st 2018, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was told you cannot purchase premium processing, else I would have done that. Are you sure that is an option on the E-2 at London?
It does exist, second option down: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-do-i...essing-service

Can't be applied retroactively, I think.
Old May 1st 2018, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BenK91
My IO for AOS said he and his colleagues were actually pretty happy with the Trump administration due to them being allowed a significant amount of time to investigate each case before interview, thus allowing them to catch more fraudulent applicants...
E-2 is extremely specific. I don't doubt that there are many IOs that are happy, particularly given the prerogative that some of them live by. I was told by someone I trust that the E-2 unit in London, specifically, had a swathe of resignations after Trump's appointment. The E-2 unit even emailed out last year to all their caseworkers that there was a backlog (obviously not saying why, before Rete gets too overexcited again). I actually copied that email and put a post up here.
Old May 1st 2018, 5:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

This place can be very tiresome. Do I really need to answer those questions? Or are you being rhetorical in such a way that you do not realise the level of myopia in your post?

Confidential sources are just that. You have a choice whether to believe what I said. You also have a choice over whether to state your discontentment with it in a more friendly way, or even at all.

If you begin to suggest that those are real questions, then I really do wonder what the world is coming to.
No you don't have to answer. Just wondering at your sources of information. But if they are highly confidential by all means keep the information close to your chest. You didn't indicate that they were in the first place and confidential information should never have been written voiced in a public forum. I was not being rhetorical and there was nothing myopic in my post. Perhaps there was in yours. Are you a politician by chance?

As for whether or not the questions asked by members regarding immigration are real or not, I prefer to believe them to be real.

PS there was nothing 'un'friendly in my response to your statement of fact.
Old May 1st 2018, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
No you don't have to answer. Just wondering at your sources of information. But if they are highly confidential by all means keep the information close to your chest. You didn't indicate that they were in the first place and confidential information should never have been written voiced in a public forum. I was not being rhetorical and there was nothing myopic in my post. Perhaps there was in yours. Are you a politician by chance?

As for whether or not the questions asked by members regarding immigration are real or not, I prefer to believe them to be real.

PS there was nothing 'un'friendly in my response to your statement of fact.
There's a difference between confidential information and a confidential source. Mildly opening one's mind should lead one to the easy conclusion of where that information might have come from and therefore why there is no further detail, and why asking those questions in such a way is myopic. It's a pretty narrow channel.

I would never consider asking the questions you did in the way that you did on a place like this. Obviously you disagree about your wording so let's leave it as that, and move on to continuing to help OP.
Old May 2nd 2018, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

alex_b06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
Slightly different to your sitation as I've applied for an employee E2 visa and the wait was 6 weeks for the earliest available interview. Usually it's around 9 working days. According the immigration attorney it's extremely busy at the embassy atm.
Old May 2nd 2018, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alex_b06
Hi.
Slightly different to your sitation as I've applied for an employee E2 visa and the wait was 6 weeks for the earliest available interview. Usually it's around 9 working days. According the immigration attorney it's extremely busy at the embassy atm.
Keep checking in the mornings as you might find a cancellation. Has worked for me and a colleague in the past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.