Wikiposts

London Embassy Appointment Times

Old Jan 27th 2011, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice
Default London Embassy Appointment Times

We are heading back to the UK in the summer to renew our E2 visa's after being in the States for 5 years. The company that my husband works for takes care of all the paperwork etc but I have a question with regards to booking the Embassy appointment. I have found the Visa wait times page on the Embassy website and it states the following:

London

Typical Wait Time (Calendar Days*) for a Nonimmigrant Visa Interview Appointment

Visitors Visas: 4 Days
Student/Exchange Visitors Visas: 4 Days
All Other Nonimmigrant Visas*** (Excludes: A, G, K, and V): 4 Days

Typical Wait Time (Workdays**) for a Nonimmigrant Visa To Be Processed****: 4 Days

Am I right in thinking that we can't make the appointment for the date/month we are hoping until 4 days beforehand? Seems a slim chance of actually getting one with thousands of other people phoning too. I think the solicitors dealt with all this first time and maybe they have more power than us mere mortals in getting a set date. I'm sure the solicitors will make the appointment this time but just wondered if we had much say with regards to the date.

Anyone else been back recently who cares to share their experience of booking the interview? It would be nice to spend some time in London with the kids and show them some proper history but I wanted to be able to coordinate it around the Embassy Interview.

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2011, 6:49 am

CalBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: London Embassy Appointment Times

Not recent experience I'm afraid, but I'll share my previous experience all the same.

In 1999 my husband and I got E2 renewal approved in the US. In January 2000 we travelled to London to get our new E2s put in our passports. We were expecting it to take a few days. We got to London and were told that the wait time was running to several weeks.

As my husband could not afford to be away from work for that long, he called our US immigration attorney who arranged for him to go to Mexico (Ciudad Juarez), and since he could not travel via the US, he had to get a direct flight to Mexico City and on from there.

Since I had more time I stayed in Europe and dealt with mine there.

I'm not sure whether your attorneys may have more luck getting you into the London Embassy, but that was our experience for what it's worth.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 7:04 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denzil75
We are heading back to the UK in the summer to renew our E2 visa's after being in the States for 5 years. The company that my husband works for takes care of all the paperwork etc but I have a question with regards to booking the Embassy appointment. I have found the Visa wait times page on the Embassy website and it states the following:

London

Typical Wait Time (Calendar Days*) for a Nonimmigrant Visa Interview Appointment

Visitors Visas: 4 Days
Student/Exchange Visitors Visas: 4 Days
All Other Nonimmigrant Visas*** (Excludes: A, G, K, and V): 4 Days

Typical Wait Time (Workdays**) for a Nonimmigrant Visa To Be Processed****: 4 Days

Am I right in thinking that we can't make the appointment for the date/month we are hoping until 4 days beforehand? Seems a slim chance of actually getting one with thousands of other people phoning too. I think the solicitors dealt with all this first time and maybe they have more power than us mere mortals in getting a set date. I'm sure the solicitors will make the appointment this time but just wondered if we had much say with regards to the date.

Anyone else been back recently who cares to share their experience of booking the interview? It would be nice to spend some time in London with the kids and show them some proper history but I wanted to be able to coordinate it around the Embassy Interview.

Thanks
Sorry, nothing to add but I had been wondering the same as we are in the same position. Just want to follow any responses you get. I would think you came ask for a date any time after the 4 day's but who knows where the embassy is concerned.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Houston Bound is just really niceHouston Bound is just really niceHouston Bound is just really niceHouston Bound is just really niceHouston Bound is just really niceHouston Bound is just really niceHouston Bound is just really niceHouston Bound is just really nice

My wife and I went for L1 interviews last week, I called to make the appointment. I called on Tuesday and was given the appointment for 9.30am on the Friday of the same week. We could have had the Thursday if we had wanted.

I wanted an appointment ASAP, but I got the impression I could have had one any time I wanted. We needed an appointment slot for 4 people because even though they weren't there our kids needed an appointment as well.

Best thing to do is call the London Embassy Visa helpline, they'll be able to give you an idea. But to answer your question from my recent experience you should be able to schedule it to suit yourself.

The thing that surprised me was the number of people all there at the same time, they must process hundreds of people at each appointment slot
Old Jan 29th 2011, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Birt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to all

Was back in London at Christmas just gone to renew - called the Embassy mid November for a December 14th Appointment no problem, could pick and choose times/dates pretty much. Essentially you dont have to wait for the 4 day window - just fill in the DS-160 in good time and call with a few weeks notice, this worked for us ..
Old Jan 31st 2011, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

Thanks all, sorry I didn't reply sooner but I didn't get any response notifications.

I think I'll try and call the beginning of June as we would ideally like an appointment around the 20th. Last time we had to do it was all done online, so much easier and cheaper.

You've all set my mind at ease as I thought it was going to be a nightmare getting an appointment, now just have to get the whip cracking on the Solicitors!