British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   London embassey reopening (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/london-embassey-reopening-935806/)

CoolHandFluke Nov 22nd 2020 10:56 am

London embassey reopening

Hi guys , does anybody know when the embassy in London is reopening for b2 visas?

lansbury Nov 22nd 2020 6:47 pm

Re: London embassey reopening

No, and neither does anyone at the Embassy know.

We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.

CoolHandFluke Nov 22nd 2020 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 12938527)
No, and neither does anyone at the Embassy know.

Yeah read that, shit times, hopefully there is light at the end of this tunnel now

civilservant Nov 23rd 2020 12:02 pm

Frankly for you and your history, the longer the better.

Rete Nov 23rd 2020 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by CoolHandFluke (Post 12938548)
Yeah read that, shit times, hopefully there is light at the end of this tunnel now

Rather doubtful that the light is anything but a pinprick in the heavens. There is a second wave of the pandemic happening in Europe and the US. My crystal ball shows me the number 2. I can't make out the 3 numbers in front of it.

Rete Nov 27th 2020 4:39 pm

As only those who are essential workers, i.e. doctors, nurses, etc. will be vaccinated first, I sincerely doubt that the Embassy will open for tourist visas until, at the earliest, August 2021. They have to clear the immigration visas (including K-1s) and business visas first. And that is only if the US is open for business again.

I can't even see myself going to New York before April or May of 2021 and I'm planning an 80th birthday party for hubby in May with guests from his family in Canada.

CoolHandFluke Dec 5th 2020 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 12938723)
Frankly for you and your history, the longer the better.

• I agree, god loves a tryer though lol

CoolHandFluke Dec 5th 2020 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12940384)
As only those who are essential workers, i.e. doctors, nurses, etc. will be vaccinated first, I sincerely doubt that the Embassy will open for tourist visas until, at the earliest, August 2021. They have to clear the immigration visas (including K-1s) and business visas first. And that is only if the US is open for business again.

I can't even see myself going to New York before April or May of 2021 and I'm planning an 80th birthday party for hubby in May with guests from his family in Canada.

hope it works out for you rete