Wikiposts

Living in US with CPR

Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

OV Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in US with CPR

I moved to the US in August '03, got married to my US citizen wife in September under K-2 Visa, and then applied for AOS in October. My status was adjusted to CPR at the end of July this year!!

My main question right now is: Do I HAVE to notify the UK that I'm living in the US? And if yes, who do I, or how do notify them??? If I haven't notified anyone in UK, how could this affect my visit later this month??

Thanks....

Anthony
Old Nov 30th 2004, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in US with CPR

Originally Posted by OV Brit
... got married to my US citizen wife in September under K-2 Visa...
I'm pretty sure that's impossible!

Do I HAVE to notify the UK that I'm living in the US?
Do you "have" to? No... however, if you have outstanding debts in the UK that's a whole new ball of wax. You may also still have a UK tax burden.

If I haven't notified anyone in UK, how could this affect my visit later this month?
A visit to the UK? As long as you have a valid UK passport, I don't see a problem.

Ian
Old Dec 1st 2004, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

OV Brit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm pretty sure that's impossible!
My mistake, I meant a K-1 Visa!!

Anthony
Old Dec 1st 2004, 1:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

let the inland revenue know, form P85

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/cnr/p85_p85s.htm

Just so they know your tax status pretty much, and if you wanted to claim any tax back, which is probably to late by now then.