Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

To leave her country she needs so much money?

To leave her country she needs so much money?

Old May 26th 2001, 1:52 pm
LiteSphere

My fiance will be leaving from Ukraine June 11th for the U.S. on a K-1 visa. We have
the airline tickets purchased. The travel agent told her that customs will require
her to have 600 dollars on her before she's allowed to leave the country. This is
supposedly in case an emergency arrises and she needs to return. Has anyone else
heard of this or does anyone know where I could find out if this is some new rule?
She will have a few hundred to last her the day journey here, but should I wire her
more to meet this $600 limit? Help!!!

Old May 26th 2001, 3:16 pm
Richard Coel

I have never heard of this before. By the way, does your Fiance' have a round trip
ticket? If so, this should be adequate should the question of her having the ability
to return arises. But again, I have never heard of this being required before.

>
visa.
    >
customs
    >
the
    >
    >
find
    >
day
    >

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.255 / Virus Database: 128 - Release
Date: 5/17/01

Old May 26th 2001, 3:57 pm
Jonathan_ATC

Is SHE telling you this or did you get it from an official source?

--
    >
FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
visa.
    >
customs
    >
the
    >
    >
find
    >
day
    >

Old May 26th 2001, 9:31 pm
stoop

never heard of this either

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > My fiance will be leaving from Ukraine June 11th for the U.S. on a K-1[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > We have the airline tickets purchased. The travel agent told her that[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > will require her to have 600 dollars on her before she's allowed to[/usenetquote2]
leave
    >
[usenetquote2]> > country. This is supposedly in case an emergency arrises and she needs[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > return. Has anyone else heard of this or does anyone know where I could[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > out if this is some new rule? She will have a few hundred to last her[/usenetquote2]
the
    >
[usenetquote2]> > journey here, but should I wire her more to meet this $600 limit?[/usenetquote2]
Help!!!

Old May 27th 2001, 3:16 am
Daisy

This doesn't sound right to me.....but congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Let
us know what happens OK?

Daisy/Hudson Can/Am Couple

>
visa.
    >
customs
    >
the
    >
    >
find
    >
day
    >

Old May 27th 2001, 3:29 am
hotman54

"They would like!" This is the key phrase here. Big difference in what they would
like and what they "require!"

As for anyone who has inferred that she is trying to scam you, they must check for
spies under their beds at night. If she has received this K-1 visa, and she is from
Ukraine, she is coming to America!

My fiancé is from Belarus, just next to Ukraine, and if she were to tell me that she
did not "want" to come to America, now then, I would be suspicious!

Jim and Tanya, "officially" waiting since April 5, 2001.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
With Seven Servers In California And Texas - The Worlds Uncensored News Source