Landscaping E2 Business

Old Nov 18th 2016, 6:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landscaping E2 Business

Originally Posted by london_calling
Maybe for the same reason they could visit every bar in Queens and remove half the Irish population, yet choose not to?
They need only to start on Katonah Avenue in the Bronx on the Yonkers/Bronx border and then walk over to McLean Avenue in Yonkers, start in any of the 10 bars that cater to the Irish and then stand outside of St. Barnabas Church McLean and you take away more than 1/2 of the population living within a 20 block radius of 238th Street in the Bronx.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

At my company we use a lot of 'casual' labor supplied by the local temp agency.
Now these workers are all supposed to be legit.
We encourage the temps to work hard and we will consider hiring them.

We probably 'lose' half if not more as soon as we start the hiring process, which obviously includes documentation and background check.

Its not a Trumpism its a fact!!

I recently fired a lady who had worked for us for 16 years, turns out she was using someone else's SSN, we only found out because we are updating records and she was 'missing' a photocopy of her paperwork in her file.

Just an FYI I tried to hire 2 temps very recently, background checks came back, 1 had just been released for 14 years inside for assault with a deadly weapon, the other dealing class 1 narcotics. We have asked the temp agency to reassess their checking procedures lol
Old Nov 19th 2016, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow a lot got deleted.

Back to the topic certainly is very important to know the structure of the market you are looking at. E2 you have to be legit, you need employees on the books etc to get a renewal etc which rules out many sectors.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:31 am
Just Joined

maemaesmummy is an unknown quantity at this point

As the owner of an E2 landscaping biz in Fl I would say research, research, research. The summers are brutal and the staff can be horrific � ����

Also believe NOTHING the seller tells you lol......the best piece of advice we were given...."trust no-one"

Last edited by maemaesmummy; Nov 28th 2016 at 12:35 am.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maemaesmummy
As the owner of an E2 landscaping biz in Fl I would say research, research, research. The summers are brutal and the staff can be horrific � ����

Also believe NOTHING the seller tells you lol......the best piece of advice we were given...."trust no-one"
We have some very good friends in your area who have been there a long time and would agree 100% finding legal dependable people to work is the main problem they have.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

gwensvilla is an unknown quantity at this point

It is extremely hard to find reliable, hardworking, knowledgeable workers, but when you find them, you pay them to keep them. mine are absolute gems...
I have ran 2 successful lawnservice businesses, without illegals. But not without problems lol. Yep staff is the hardest part by a Longshot and yes you need supplementary work to go along with the mow, blow and go. The unlicensed one man band set ups bring prices down, usually with quality!and are fierce competitors, but I just emphasize we are licenced and insured, they disappear in droves in July and august!!
The 2nd hardest part is getting customers to pay...nightmare in geographical areas. So I stay out of them.
BEST set up is with a hands on manager, not necessarily to go out every day, but to let the workers know you can. Mechanical knowledge a huge plus!
It's a tough business, but doable. I hate June to end of September but love November to march. IT'S not for the fainthearted.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 12:06 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I got into a chat with some Mexican landscapers a few months ago in Arizona and after I told them I was Canadian they freely admitted they were illegally in the US and had been for years. A sample size of three I realize but stereotypes come from somewhere. The easiest way to avoid E-verify is to be self-employed so that naturally favours occupations where people are typically self-employed.

As for running a landscaping business on E-2, you can certainly do that and most types of business as E-2, the key things are (a) cannot be a subsistence business and (b) you have to make a "substantial" (undefined) investment.

Personally I think people on E-2 are mad though unless they've got at least one kid who was born in the US who can sponsor them in when they hit 21.

To be permanently in a non-immigrant category that is specifically tied to your own business is a recipe for a heart attack, not a theory, know someone who had E-2, his business partner ran off with the money during the recession and he had a heart attack.

The trick to it is to get the spouse who works the least as the primary person applying and then the other person gets the open EAD so if the business struggles that person can get another job to supplement the income.

Is the US so wonderful that you want to have to pay for your own healthcare and be tied down to your own business? If you're from the UK, makes no sense to me. Too much hassle for too little benefit.