Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Laid of on H1-B and not paid in a while

Laid of on H1-B and not paid in a while

Old Apr 30th 2001, 4:47 pm
Philotsopher

>
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
Global labor markets only work for the rich employers. Workers always lose.

Old Apr 30th 2001, 4:52 pm
Philotsopher

>
[usenetquote2]> > Newsflash: Foreign workers are taking business away from American programmers.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Take a reality pill man. The American IT professional will soon be a thing of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > past (just like the American factory worker).[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

All that proves is that Motorola and all the other corporate traitors are taking our
technology and money and using it against us. The American public shouldn't tolerate
this kind of behavior.

>
    >

None of us claim that. We understand that the world is a cesspool of overpopulation
with people desperate to work for food. We built our country so that workers could
live a good middle class life and we see no reason to share that wealth with the
overpopulated world.

>
that,
    >
    >
people
    >
world
    >
    >
Cisco needs the US, and that is why we can control their corporate barbarism.

Old Apr 30th 2001, 5:47 pm
Philotsopher

The appeal to emotionalism here means nothing. I see no reason why any worker would
want more competition for their job. More competition means that:
* they have less job security
* they will have to accept worse pay and worse working conditions
* they will have to work harder to keep up

Explain to me why anyone besides corporate owners would be anxious for these things
to happen.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Carlos, you asshole, how can any American whose cost of living is exponentially[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > higher compete with someone from the third world? In India, you can live off[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > $2,000 a month. How can any American worker compete with that? You ****ing idiot.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 05:51:27 GMT, Carlos Antunes <[email protected]> wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >Why not GLOBAL labor markets? Aren't you good enough to compete globally? What[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >are you afraid of?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 30th 2001, 5:49 pm
Philotsopher

>

This is a method that a lot of pro industry advocates use to knock the credibility of
anyone that opposes them. They want the public to equate losing a job with being a
loser. That way they can pit the worker haves against the worker have nots. I hope
most people in these NGs are enlightened enough to understand why Viper and his
cohorts resort to these labels of being "a loser".

Old Apr 30th 2001, 5:52 pm
Philotsopher

Dan, you are right on the button. I don't understand why American workers would
welcome competition from workers that earn 1/10 as much as they do. It's rather
obvious why corporate shills would want that to happen.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >You are afraid to compete. You are a loser. My sympathies.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >By the way, where I live there is a strong demand for construction workers. You[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >might want to give it a try. Although I don't think you'd be able to compete with[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >the Hispanics...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Dan wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Carlos, you asshole, how can any American whose cost of living is exponentially[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> higher compete with someone from the third world? In India, you can live off[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> $2,000 a month. How can any American worker compete with that? You ****ing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> idiot.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 05:51:27 GMT, Carlos Antunes <[email protected]> wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >Why not GLOBAL labor markets? Aren't you good enough to compete globally? What[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >are you afraid of?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >--[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >"I swear by my life and by my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > -- John Galt, hero of Atlas Shrugged[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...76/andresworld[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 30th 2001, 5:53 pm
Philotsopher

[usenetquote2]> > Sorry, Carlos, but NO American can compete with someone making $2,000 a year.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
they
    >
will. We produce and consume
    >
    >
    >

You are quite good at predicting the future of the American worker. The outlook is
very bleak.

Old Apr 30th 2001, 5:54 pm
Philotsopher

If you think that you are 10 times more productive than the H-1Bs that will replace
you, than you are an arrogant fool. Enjoy you high salary while it lasts.

>
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Sorry, Carlos, but NO American can compete with someone making $2,000 a year. Are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you too stupid to realize that the cost of living in the US is actually higher[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > than the cost of living in the third world?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 30th 2001, 5:58 pm
Philotsopher

>

(reality check) The operative word here is that he used to teach economics. He was
fired because he did such a poor job. JJ then read a few books like "BASIC for
Dummies" and then called himself a SOFTWARE ENGINEER.

I can already tell what kind
    >
    >
loudly
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I'm sure you would fail anybody that didn't repeat your corporate mantra.

>
    >
    >
their
    >
the
    >
beings
    >
    >
    >
Jacobson was fired from his economic teaching job because he got a FAILING GRADE!

Old Apr 30th 2001, 5:59 pm
Philotsopher

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
of
    >
levels
    >
    >
If American programmers are 3 times more productive, they will be screwed by the
H-1Bs that are used to salaries 10 times lower.

>
    >
land
    >

Old Apr 30th 2001, 6:03 pm
John Jacobson

[usenetquote2]> > Tim Keating wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Then you won't mind as we the U.S. citizens we remove the "Cisco" THREAT, from[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the shores of the USA.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > What threat? Besides, what makes you think you have the right to do what you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > propose? It's not your property, you should not touch it![/usenetquote2]
    >

No, it is not your country, not in the ownership sense. The United States is not a
communist state where the people collectively own everything. You are dead wrong.

>
    >
and
    >

Nope, they are nothing of the sort. You on the other hand, are a repeat liar.

Old Apr 30th 2001, 6:07 pm
John Jacobson

Dan, I have a Master's Degree in Economics and did all the doctoral studies and
passed all the prelims for a PhD in economics (only lack finishing the dissertation),
so I know more about economics than you, by this logic. Based on what I know, you are
a fool in economic matters. Totally, utterly and completely.

Degree in business econ, my ass. Where'd you get that degree, Aruba State Offshore
Diploma Mill?

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >The reason is called "productivity". Now, go take Econ 101.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Sorry, Carlos, but NO American can compete with someone making $2,000 a year.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Are you too stupid to realize that the cost of living in the US is actually[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> higher than the cost of living in the third world?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >"I swear by my life and by my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...76/andresworld[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 30th 2001, 6:08 pm
John Jacobson

Coming from an idiot like you that is a compliment. Carlos ought to be worried if you
ever agree with him. That would be a sign he has erred.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >And everybody knows that salaries are the only cost a business has, right?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >So much for your degree in "Business Econ"...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Carlos, I have a degree in Business Econ so I know more on the subject than you.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> The worker in the third world would only have to have more than 2% of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> productivity of the American worker.[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 30th 2001, 6:09 pm
John Jacobson

No, losers like you always lose.

>

[usenetquote2]> > Tim Keating wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Why not GLOBAL labor markets? Aren't you good enough to compete globally? What[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > are you afraid of?[/usenetquote2]
    >
lose.

Old Apr 30th 2001, 6:15 pm
John Jacobson

[usenetquote2]> > Dan wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Cisco is an American firm who made their success off their American workers.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Now Cisco wants to continue to be successful using Indian and Chinese workers. So[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > what? Cisco owes nothing to those American workers you are talking about.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Naw, let's just strip you naked, cover you with honey and then put you on top of an
ant's nest. Far more entertaining. Then let's hang you by your feet and use your
head for rotten-tomato target practice. After that we can go into your apartment
and watch your TV, wear out your VCR, fart in your fridge, and practice furniture
mutilation on your couch. All of this would of course be televisd for all of
America to enjoy. At least then you'd be of some use to the rest of us. Right now
we have no use for you on our soil.

Of course my suggestion is less extreme than yours, but then this is all moot
anyway, because there are excellent and well-thought-out protections afforded
our person and our property by a well-written legal document called the
Constitution, which I suggest you read, once you take the remedial reading
course that would require.

Old Apr 30th 2001, 6:18 pm
John Jacobson

>

No, it is not. It is also is not being done either. American unemployment is very
low, thus it is obvious that there are not significant numbers of American workers
being replaced by foreign labor.

You have a small world view consisting of a few easily scuttled theories.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.