L1B - Weird RFE

Old May 23rd 2014, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

lulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant future
Default L1B - Weird RFE

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to ask a quick question about the RFE we received for our L1B petition. I usually go on a lot of forum to look at other people's experience but I don't seem to find anything regarding this particular issue.

Basically, we received the RFE and there is absolutely NO question or request for additional documents. The only thing we can see are guidelines on what specialized knowledge mean and what the evidence could be. Kind of like a guide to filing the petition in the first place.

Has anybody else ever received a RFE without any specific questions? Is it common? Is that a bad thing or a good thing? The lawyer just asked us to give more details and any additional supporting documents we can find but without any specifics, it's pretty hard to know what they want...

Thanks a lot
Lulu
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:34 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1B - Weird RFE

Originally Posted by lulublue14
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to ask a quick question about the RFE we received for our L1B petition. I usually go on a lot of forum to look at other people's experience but I don't seem to find anything regarding this particular issue.

Basically, we received the RFE and there is absolutely NO question or request for additional documents. The only thing we can see are guidelines on what specialized knowledge mean and what the evidence could be. Kind of like a guide to filing the petition in the first place.

Has anybody else ever received a RFE without any specific questions? Is it common? Is that a bad thing or a good thing? The lawyer just asked us to give more details and any additional supporting documents we can find but without any specifics, it's pretty hard to know what they want...

Thanks a lot
Lulu
These are all questions you should be asking to your company immigration attorney. They should know what USCIS are asking for, and will deal with it accordingly. If they don't know, then you need to change your law firm.
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

lulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant futurelulublue14 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
These are all questions you should be asking to your company immigration attorney. They should know what USCIS are asking for, and will deal with it accordingly. If they don't know, then you need to change your law firm.

Well the attorneys don't live to answer my questions and they have asked us to provide more details on several points so they have done their job. I just would like to know if anybody had a similar RFE, I'd like to know about people's experience.
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:40 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lulublue14
Well the attorneys don't live to answer my questions and they have asked us to provide more details on several points so they have done their job.
So, what's the problem then?

I just would like to know if anybody had a similar RFE, I'd like to know about people's experience.
No, i've never had a similar experience. I never had an RFE for my L-1.
Old May 23rd 2014, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Markoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant futureMarkoncarp has a brilliant future

Just follow your lawyers advice. It sounds to me like USCIS have outlined the information they want - around specialized knowledge - I guess you just need to provide the proof that what you do requires it.
Old May 23rd 2014, 11:14 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

It is not uncommon for the minions of the Dark Forces to issue weird RFE's. It drives immigration attorneys bonkers compounded by the fact that the clients often think it is the attorney's fault.