Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1B Visa - Interview in London - simply a procedure?

L1B Visa - Interview in London - simply a procedure?

Old May 1st 2009, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

goalieadam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1B Visa - Interview in London - simply a procedure?

Hi There,

So the background: Company transfer for me on an L-1B, wife and children on on L-2's. All British, no criminal records, dodgy past etc. USCIS have approved L-1 in the US

My family have our visa interview booked in London for the 28th May and from what I have read this isn't really a process to worry about and although we haven't got our visa's yet they are pretty much in the bag.

From the threads that I have read there isn't really an interview process and it is just a check you are who you say you are, fingerprint, police record checking procedure, and we should have the visas with passports a few days later

Am I right in my assumption?
Old May 1st 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1B Visa - Interview in London - simply a procedure?

Originally Posted by goalieadam
Hi There,

So the background: Company transfer for me on an L-1B, wife and children on on L-2's. All British, no criminal records, dodgy past etc. USCIS have approved L-1 in the US

My family have our visa interview booked in London for the 28th May and from what I have read this isn't really a process to worry about and although we haven't got our visa's yet they are pretty much in the bag.

From the threads that I have read there isn't really an interview process and it is just a check you are who you say you are, fingerprint, police record checking procedure, and we should have the visas with passports a few days later

Hmm..don't take it too lightly, especially infront of the officials! Whenever we've renewed our visas (H) we've always had to produce documents and answer questions about my OH's work (they asked for pay slips last time we went which we didn't take with us )
I'm sure it'll be a breeze, but just be prepared!
Old May 1st 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Dougster75 is on a distinguished road

Would agree- should be easy - but better to be prepared for the worst. We were going for exactly the same visas as you and the "interview" was very basic but it was still an interview and nothing would have stopped them giving us a grilling if they'd been in the mood...

Good luck!! I'm sure it'll be fine.

Doug.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

goalieadam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your responses. I suppose the answer to the question I was really looking for is although we haven't got the visas, have we?

i.e. Has anyone been refused this type of visa at the stage?

I'm not trying to take anything for granted but just wondering if we still need to worry about the dream not happening as much as we were?

Also, is it right that I have to have an appointment and pay $131 for each applicant? Me, Wife, Son & Daughter?
Old May 1st 2009, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Dougster75 is on a distinguished road

We paid $131 each at the time of booking the appointment. Then at the embassy it was another $315 ($105 for each dependent) plus about 25 quid to get passports sent back.
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:38 am
Just Joined

All Seeing Pie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goalieadam
Hi There,

More or less. Take it seriously but in my case it was just a case of proving who I was and a few questions about work.