Wikiposts

L1B Advice...

Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default L1B Advice...

OK, I'm sure I'm just worrying over nothing. as my company have consulted their lawyers and are confident that I will be eligible for transfer to the NY office on an H1B Visa......but.....

I dont have a degree or any professional qualificiations. My last qualifications were my a-levels back in 2000....do you think that this will effect my chance of getting the L1B? As I say, the lawyers think it shouldnt be a problem.....but they would say that wouldnt they as they probably still get paid even my application fails! I am 25 and have been working for major investment banks since the age of 18...I now work for a hedge fund and have been working for them for nearly 4 years....they want to move me over as I have advanced knowledge of internal trading apps that we use, and also advanced knowledge of the companies processes, network, and market data services....plus I really want to move to NYC....do you think my lack of degree could cause problems?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1B Advice...

Originally Posted by pejpm1
OK, I'm sure I'm just worrying over nothing. as my company have consulted their lawyers and are confident that I will be eligible for transfer to the NY office on an H1B Visa......but.....
Did you mean to say L1B here?

Rene
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:37 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pejpm1

I dont have a degree or any professional qualificiations. My last qualifications were my a-levels back in 2000....do you think that this will effect my chance of getting the L1B? As I say, the lawyers think it shouldnt be a problem.....but they would say that wouldnt they as they probably still get paid even my application fails! I am 25 and have been working for major investment banks since the age of 18...I now work for a hedge fund and have been working for them for nearly 4 years....they want to move me over as I have advanced knowledge of internal trading apps that we use, and also advanced knowledge of the companies processes, network, and market data services....plus I really want to move to NYC....do you think my lack of degree could cause problems?
Your situation is one that call for an L visa
whoever suggested an H1 is a moron ..
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Your situation is one that call for an L visa
whoever suggested an H1 is a moron ..
sorry, I meant to say L1B.........I'll be going for an L1-B....
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's an L1B nor A for management, so you should be all set, it's for people with inside knowledge of a company etc.

Get them to get the greencard application in the contract too, even if you marry your USC girlfriend, it's good to have the greencard option via work as a back up and get that going as soon as.