L1A Visa Guidance

Old Jan 22nd 2019, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Desi_in_London is an unknown quantity at this point
Post L1A Visa Guidance

Hello Forum Mates

I have been living and working in UK for the last 4 years (I hold an Indian passport).
I am here on the ICT visa and my company now wants me to transfer to US on L1A.

I will be appearing for L1A interview from London. Has anyone been thru the process recently?
I had an L1 rejection 5 years back and that was when I applied from India.

What are some of the likely questions for myself and my Spouse? Please advise.

Cheers!
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1A Visa Guidance

Salary, education/skills, company responsibilities, US location. That sort of thing.
Do you not have company lawyers to prepare you?

Good luck!

Where're you moving to?
What kind of work?
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

My interview (L1A) in 2016 consisted of no more than the following questions:

Name
Company I worked for
Job Title
Was my wife with me

I came prepared with hundreds of pages of information the lawyers had prepared for me, they wanted about 5 sheets of paper from it.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by robtuck
My interview (L1A) in 2016 consisted of no more than the following questions:

Name
Company I worked for
Job Title
Was my wife with me

I came prepared with hundreds of pages of information the lawyers had prepared for me, they wanted about 5 sheets of paper from it.
Thanks! Have you heard anything about the approval rate recently?
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably more important to consider the strength of your case.

Will you be managing employees?
Will you be an executive that can make executive decisions?
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

The interview is after the initial approval, so unless something was categorically wrong, it "should" be a formality at the Embassy. So long as the correct paperwork has been prepared and you don't suddenly start undermining the original application, the L1A interview is very brief in most cases that I have heard of. My understanding, and it could be wrong, is that the interview period and admin processing after, if required, are not really looking at the relative merits of the Visa approval, but more the individual - so criminal record, that kind of stuff that might need checking?
Old Jan 29th 2019, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Aggie34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

We had our interview a couple of weeks ago. As others said it was rather brief. First they took our finger prints only and then we had an interview. It’s my husband who is being transferred to US for a managerial role so he was asked what is the position, how many people will report to him, do these people also have people reporting to them. They also asked how long we’ve been married and wanted to see copy of our marriage certificate.

I hope it helps. Good luck and let us know how did it go!
Old Feb 1st 2019, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks much! Apart from the online visa appointment, Did you pay all other visa fees (Issuance etc) directly at the consulate?
Old Feb 1st 2019, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Yes, we did.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Hello Forum Mates , thanks for your guidance and tips. My visa has come thru
I was asked the following questions -
1. Describe you role and responsibilities in US
2. How long have you been with present employer
3. How many team members will report into you

that's it! Lasted 3 minutes.
Old Feb 9th 2019, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Desi_in_London
Hello Forum Mates , thanks for your guidance and tips. My visa has come thru
I was asked the following questions -
1. Describe you role and responsibilities in US
2. How long have you been with present employer
3. How many team members will report into you

that's it! Lasted 3 minutes.
Congratulations!! 🙂
Old Mar 25th 2019, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

JerseyRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

My experience has unfortunately not been as easy. I have accepted an offer with my ex-employer where I worked for over five years until 2017.

I went straight to the consulate last year for an interview for L1A under their blanket - was asked in excess of twenty questions only to be told my visa was not clearly approvable and my (potential) employer would know what to do next.

Since then, an application has been made straight to USCIS under premium processing which received an RFE. My (potential) employers attorney responded last week so the countdown is now on.

The whole process has quite easily been some of the most stressful months of my life.

FWIW, I will be working as a manager with five direct reports having previously worked as a manager again with five direct reports.

If you don’t mind me asking, how long did the process take from having the visa approved by USCIS to receiving the stamped visa? Wishful thinking, but would be good to have an idea.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

UKtoCT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JerseyRoyal
Congratulations!

My experience has unfortunately not been as easy. I have accepted an offer with my ex-employer where I worked for over five years until 2017.

I went straight to the consulate last year for an interview for L1A under their blanket - was asked in excess of twenty questions only to be told my visa was not clearly approvable and my (potential) employer would know what to do next.

Since then, an application has been made straight to USCIS under premium processing which received an RFE. My (potential) employers attorney responded last week so the countdown is now on.

The whole process has quite easily been some of the most stressful months of my life.

FWIW, I will be working as a manager with five direct reports having previously worked as a manager again with five direct reports.

If you don’t mind me asking, how long did the process take from having the visa approved by USCIS to receiving the stamped visa? Wishful thinking, but would be good to have an idea.
You have to have an interview and we got the passports back about a week afterwards
Old Mar 25th 2019, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

The criteria for the L1A is almost identical to the EB1C. I applied for the latter late last year and had an RFE which focused on the wording of my role - they were much more keen this time around in questioning the level of work and ensuring that I was indeed Directing people and not just doing work.

Assuming you do get an approval, it was about 7 days from the interview to the passport being returned with the Visa inside.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

JerseyRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKtoCT
You have to have an interview and we got the passports back about a week afterwards
Hi, thank you for that.

I am aware of the interview but appreciate I didn’t make that clear in my initial post. Did you have to wait long for the hard copy of USCIS approval that you take to the appointment (assuming my understanding of this requirement is correct)? I suppose I’m trying to get an idea of approval from USCIS, embassy appointment, stamped passports etc. As I said, all wishful thinking but things are due to move very quickly assuming all goes well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.