British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   L1A visa approved in the current environment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/l1a-visa-approved-current-environment-935063/)

chas325 Oct 16th 2020 11:28 am

Re: L1A visa approved in the current environment

Originally Posted by riyagha (Post 12922481)
chas325 Hope you are doing well. Checking if any updates on your end. Nothing on our side as of today.

Hi Riyagha
all ok here thanks - but nothing from the Embassy :-(

chas325 Oct 16th 2020 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by chas325 (Post 12922483)
Hi Riyagha
all ok here thanks - but nothing from the Embassy :-(

That being said during the afternoon the status of my DS-160 on the portal has gone from Denied to "Administrative processing"

riyagha Oct 16th 2020 3:34 pm

Same here. Even my DS-160 status as of today afternoon got updated from 'Refused' to "Administrative Processing". Fingers crossed. Hope its moving in right direction.

chas325 Oct 16th 2020 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by riyagha (Post 12922602)
Same here. Even my DS-160 status as of today afternoon got updated from 'Refused' to "Administrative Processing". Fingers crossed. Hope its moving in right direction.

interesting they updated at the same time even though there was a week between our embassy appointments! Fingers crossed here too

lizzyq Oct 16th 2020 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by chas325 (Post 12922597)
That being said during the afternoon the status of my DS-160 on the portal has gone from Denied to "Administrative processing"

Originally Posted by riyagha (Post 12922602)

In pre-covid times that often used to mean that the visa "foil" was being printed and stuck into the passport. Hope that is still the case and it changes to issued for you quickly.

chas325 Oct 16th 2020 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by lizzyq (Post 12922612)
In pre-covid times that often used to mean that the visa "foil" was being printed and stuck into the passport. Hope that is still the case and it changes to issued for you quickly.

thanks for the info Lizzyq. Any chink of hope after all this time is a great help. I got my I797 (I think that’s the number) form from the US back just before all the embassies closed -literally a couple of days!

Sir Humphrey Oct 19th 2020 2:13 am

chas325 riyagha Any updates? For us it took a couple of weeks after our appointment to get the passports back with the visas

riyagha Oct 19th 2020 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey (Post 12923410)
chas325 riyagha Any updates? For us it took a couple of weeks after our appointment to get the passports back with the visas

Sir Humphrey Still under administrative processing. Thanks for letting us know that it took couple of weeks in your case too. Hopefully we will hear back soon. Thanks

riyagha Oct 20th 2020 12:39 pm

chas325 Our status got updated to "Issued" today afternoon. Please check yours and share the good news :)

chas325 Oct 20th 2020 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by riyagha (Post 12923905)
chas325 Our status got updated to "Issued" today afternoon. Please check yours and share the good news :)

yes, same for us! Congratulations to you!! We got the email from the delivery courier too that they will arrive tomorrow. No information on the travel ban or if any special terms to travel are being imposed though..

Sir Humphrey Oct 20th 2020 11:38 pm

Congrats chas325 riyagha . That's awesome news! Now the fun begins :DWhen are you planning to move? We are looking at the end of the year

riyagha Oct 21st 2020 9:10 am

Originally Posted by chas325 (Post 12923948)
yes, same for us! Congratulations to you!! We got the email from the delivery courier too that they will arrive tomorrow. No information on the travel ban or if any special terms to travel are being imposed though..

I guess if you have NIE exception you can travel.

riyagha Oct 21st 2020 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey (Post 12924150)
Congrats chas325 riyagha . That's awesome news! Now the fun begins :DWhen are you planning to move? We are looking at the end of the year

Thank you Sir Humphrey We also planning towards the end of the year.

chas325 Oct 21st 2020 11:33 am

Originally Posted by riyagha (Post 12924244)

Looks like I’ll be off in a week or so and then my family over the Christmas holidays! Best start packing...

chas325 Oct 21st 2020 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by riyagha (Post 12924244)

riyagha what travel dates were you permitted - we have to travel by 15th November!