Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1A visa approved in the current environment

L1A visa approved in the current environment

Old Oct 7th 2020, 11:53 am
Just Joined

chas325 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1A visa approved in the current environment

Originally Posted by riyagha
@chas325 : Thank you this is great feedback. One more question, if I may ask. What case did you make to get this interview? I am assuming its a national interest exception.
Yes, it's NIE. Food & agriculture.
What about yourself?
Old Oct 7th 2020, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

riyagha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chas325
Congratulations on the visa - did you then have to wait for permission to travel, as well? Got my L1A interview next week.
thank you, yes it is Healthcare. What evidence did you collect to show NIE? Were there questions asked on "Why it is time sensitive?", "What is the NIE?" etc.,? trying to gauge how much they will grill us...

super appreciate the response!
Old Oct 7th 2020, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

thank you, yes it is Healthcare. What evidence did you collect to show NIE? Were there questions asked on "Why it is time sensitive?", "What is the NIE?" etc.,? trying to gauge how much they will grill us...

super appreciate the response!
we prepared the same as that. They didn't ask anything about that yesterday - i think if you've got an interview they've accepted you as NIE. The did ask what date we wanted to travel and if we had flights booked, then wrote the date on a form on bright paper which disappeared on top of our passports and the shet said NIE in big letters on the sheet. So i am working on the theory the NIE is successful.
Old Oct 7th 2020, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

That is great feedback. We don't flight booked. We did state it in the NIE letter as well that until visa is booked, we cannot book tickets.
Old Oct 7th 2020, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

That is great feedback. We don't flight booked. We did state it in the NIE letter as well that until visa is booked, we cannot book tickets.
Same here - i was quite interested that they asked that as I thought it would be odd to book flights before you had a visa. But anyway!
Old Oct 7th 2020, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Sir Humphrey is an unknown quantity at this point

chas325 How did your interview go? We have L1A blanket application interview scheduled for next week. Would appreciate any pointers?

Sir Humphrey Thanks for sharing your experience. We have interview next week and was very pleased to know that we are not only ones.

Could you share specific interview questions at the Counselor and any must have questions/documentation to prepare in advance before the interview?
Best fo luck with your interview Riyagha!

The attorneys had prepared the full documentation package for us to take to the interview. The main docs that the Counselor asked for were Form I129-S, original marriage and birth certs for kids (luckily we had also taken originals along with copies), Some info on my job and responsibilities - I had a letter from my company that laid out my role and responsibilities, why my role is critical and why I am best placed to fill this role as well as information on the company. They could ask for other information so best to contact your attorney and they should provide with a detailed checklist and a full document package

Qs were primarily around my existing role, how many people report to me currently and in the new role, information about my new role in the US, where I will be based and length of assignment
Old Oct 13th 2020, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

chas325 - Did you hear back from US embassy?
We are also in same boat where after interview the passport was kept and the VC said that we need some more time for extra administrative processing.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

chas325 - Did you hear back from US embassy?
We are also in same boat where after interview the passport was kept and the VC said that we need some more time for extra administrative processing.
Hello,
nothing yet - a week today we were there. Our lawyers say they can request an update but they don't want to push and then get it rejected. I think it's just a waiting game.
Did they tell you how long - they told us they'd do it "as soon as they could".
Old Oct 13th 2020, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

The VC said it will take 1 week.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

The VC said it will take 1 week.
Well, fingers crossed i hear soon then!

Did you have to goto the two counters - one on the right as you go in then wait to be called to the left one? Did they ask you much?
Old Oct 13th 2020, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Yea fingers crossed. Keep us posted if you hear back. The VC said extra administrative processing is to see if your are eligible for NIE and that the decision is made by someone on the top.

Yes, we went to 2 counters, I guess standard procedure. We were asked lots of questions (15 mins or more), from why NIE to why you are travelling, salary, job description. Main question was on why i am transferring from H1b to L1A.

Old Oct 13th 2020, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Will do!
Old Oct 13th 2020, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chas325
Will do!
also, what is your DS-160 status showing as? Mine is showing as 'refused' but I think it is because it went for admin processing...
Old Oct 13th 2020, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

also, what is your DS-160 status showing as? Mine is showing as 'refused' but I think it is because it went for admin processing...
Yep, same - they did tell us when we were there it would show as refused until they had finished the processing.
Old Oct 16th 2020, 11:26 am
Just Joined

chas325 Hope you are doing well. Checking if any updates on your end. Nothing on our side as of today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.