L1A Visa Advise Please

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 1:56 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1A Visa Advise Please

Originally Posted by Bournemouth Girl
Do you know why they would have sent documents to the courier though if they haven't got to my file yet?
Did it say that in the email? It doesn't say this on your post above.

If it says they've released documents to the courier it's more than likely your passport with visa in

Last edited by Jack8602; Oct 2nd 2017 at 1:58 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 2:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know why they would have sent documents to the courier though if they haven't got to my file yet?
It is possible, arguably likely that they haven't updated the web site yet. Sometimes it takes hours, or days to be updated, but usually people don't care, nor probably even notice, once they have their visa, or a rejection.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

Does the email say they've released your documents to the courier company? When I got that email, it had the tracking details on the email so you should be able to tell. Do you have tracking information? I was at the embassy last Monday and picked up my passport from the courier today. It was actually available for collection on Friday so there is no significant backlog at the moment. We were getting L-1A and L-2 (non blanket).
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:46 am
Just Joined

S L 2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that it is OK to jump into this thread. I find this forum very useful and have now joined as a member to raise a similar query relating to L1As.

My husband and I had our L1A/L2 (not blanket) interview on 20 September. Everything seemed to go fine and we went on our way (passports taken from us, no slip). I began checking for updates on the CEAC page the day after the interview; however, all that we got was "Application Received". The CEAC page did not change until 27 Sept (my L1A), and 29 Sept (husband's L2) when we were updated to "Administrative Processing". Since then we have received no updates, emails, etc.

It appears from this thread that there is no obvious backlog at the Embassy. I know that each and every case is different but I am wondering if I should begin to worry any time soon?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S L 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that it is OK to jump into this thread. I find this forum very useful and have now joined as a member to raise a similar query relating to L1As.

My husband and I had our L1A/L2 (not blanket) interview on 20 September. Everything seemed to go fine and we went on our way (passports taken from us, no slip). I began checking for updates on the CEAC page the day after the interview; however, all that we got was "Application Received". The CEAC page did not change until 27 Sept (my L1A), and 29 Sept (husband's L2) when we were updated to "Administrative Processing". Since then we have received no updates, emails, etc.

It appears from this thread that there is no obvious backlog at the Embassy. I know that each and every case is different but I am wondering if I should begin to worry any time soon?
No. There are multiple case officers and while some visas may be processed "immediately" maybe your case has been assigned to someone who has a few days work in his queue, or he got sick and is out of the office for a couple of days.

That said, you know if there were any "issues" with your application, and most L-1's are more or less rubber-stamped, in which case it is just a matter of waiting.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Bournemouth Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I received the parcel from the embassy today.

- Per 9 FAM 402.12-8 your application has been found to be not clearly approvable.

Anyone have any advice on next steps. My company have said they will go to the back up plan which is highly scrutinized and low chance of approval. I imagine this would be to appeal.

Are they any other options I have? This role was a fantastic opportunity for myself and Ireally don't want to miss out without exhausting all possibilities.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Did they return your passport?

What exactly is the next step they're taking? Are they now going to file a petition with USCIS so it's an individual one, not the blanket one they originally tried? I'm not sure that they can appeal in your situation, but rather use another route. They can also do this using premium processing, which takes 14 days. Whatever they do, they need to include a structure chart leading to your position. It doesn't have to start from the CEO, but from the head of your division. I work at a similar bank and I'm definitely not that high up, not even a VP, and still got the L-1A (change of status within the country).

I didn't speak up earlier so as not to be negative/unhelpful, but when I was changing status earlier this year from H4, I actually read that the L visas were being scrutinized more or had been in the past. I suppose it might have been the case for certain nationalities, I don't know. All I understood was it wasn't as easy as I had thought. I believe the L-1B applicants were being told to explain what made their knowledge specialized or something to that effect.

Last edited by fbf2006; Oct 3rd 2017 at 2:33 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 3:36 pm

Hi All,

I received the parcel from the embassy today.

- Per 9 FAM 402.12-8 your application has been found to be not clearly approvable.

Anyone have any advice on next steps. .....
9 FAM 402.12-8 in the link has sections (B) and (C) which list the mandatory requirements for the petitioner and beneficiary respectively - do you know/ can you tell which requirement(s) was(were) not met? .... The fact that you were told that it was "clearly not approvable" suggests that you and/or your employer did not meet one (or more) of the explicit requirements.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
9 FAM 402.12-8 in the link has sections (B) and (C) which list the mandatory requirements for the petitioner and beneficiary respectively - do you know/ can you tell which requirement(s) was(were) not met? .... The fact that you were told that it was "clearly not approvable" suggests that you and/or your employer did not meet one (or more) of the explicit requirements.
"Not clearly approvable" could imply marginal/some doubt, which is very different from your "clearly not approvable".
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
"Not clearly approvable" could imply marginal/some doubt, which is very different from your "clearly not approvable".
My fault. I agree with your interpretation. I misread it.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

HI All,

Relates to Manager or Executive.. I think that is the term used for all rejections?

Is there another Visa / Option / Route I could take?

Thanks,
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

HI All,

Relates to Manager or Executive.. I think that is the term used for all rejections?

Is there another Visa / Option / Route I could take?

Thanks,
I already indicated they should file an individual petition for you.

Relates to manager or executive is just the L-1A general description. It has nothing to do with rejections.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fbf2006
Did they return your passport?

What exactly is the next step they're taking? Are they now going to file a petition with USCIS so it's an individual one, not the blanket one they originally tried? I'm not sure that they can appeal in your situation, but rather use another route. They can also do this using premium processing, which takes 14 days. Whatever they do, they need to include a structure chart leading to your position. It doesn't have to start from the CEO, but from the head of your division. I work at a similar bank and I'm definitely not that high up, not even a VP, and still got the L-1A (change of status within the country).

I didn't speak up earlier so as not to be negative/unhelpful, but when I was changing status earlier this year from H4, I actually read that the L visas were being scrutinized more or had been in the past. I suppose it might have been the case for certain nationalities, I don't know. All I understood was it wasn't as easy as I had thought. I believe the L-1B applicants were being told to explain what made their knowledge specialized or something to that effect.
Hi Thanks for commenting, yes they are going to file an individual petition. I don't know much about this - any one have any advice / dealings with this?