L1A / L2 Visa application

Old May 12th 2010, 10:08 am
Mrs O

MrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really nice
Default Re: L1A / L2 Visa application

Thank you for your kind words! I am trying so hard to be calm but it isn't easy!

When this opportunity was originally offered to my husband the plan was that our application would go in in August last year so we had expected to have a decision by November at the latest! And yet here we are 6 months later still waiting!

Its just starting to take it's toll now and everything that could happen to delay the process seems to be happening!

I am at the stage now where I don't care what the decision is, I just need a decision so I can start having a life again!!

I need a holiday too which doesn't help but we haven't booked anything in case we hear something!!

Old May 12th 2010, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsOwen
Thank you for your kind words! I am trying so hard to be calm but it isn't easy!

When this opportunity was originally offered to my husband the plan was that our application would go in in August last year so we had expected to have a decision by November at the latest! And yet here we are 6 months later still waiting!

Its just starting to take it's toll now and everything that could happen to delay the process seems to be happening!

I am at the stage now where I don't care what the decision is, I just need a decision so I can start having a life again!!

I need a holiday too which doesn't help but we haven't booked anything in case we hear something!!

It cant be much longer
if they received the info last thursday, the very latest you will know by is next week!
ie the 15 days start again once they have received it (extra evidence)
they are crafty really, cos its a premium for paying for 15 days yet they dont processs it in 15 days
Old May 31st 2010, 8:45 pm
Mrs O

MrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really nice
Default Re: L1A / L2 Visa application * Update*

Well, 2 months after our application was submitted we had our second RFE last week!!

Apparently there is one aspect of the application for which they still don't have enough evidence so my husbands company are going to pull together yet more information this week.

So not only have I now had enough of this whole process but I am also getting really worried that despite everything we may not get approval!!

Has anyone else experienced two RFE'S???

Any thoughts, comments or advice welcome!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: L1A / L2 Visa application * Update*

Well, 2 months after our application was submitted we had our second RFE last week!!

Apparently there is one aspect of the application for which they still don't have enough evidence so my husbands company are going to pull together yet more information this week.

So not only have I now had enough of this whole process but I am also getting really worried that despite everything we may not get approval!!

Has anyone else experienced two RFE'S???

Any thoughts, comments or advice welcome!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH
OMG Ive been checking on here, thinking you would of received some kind of decision by now
What RFE did they ask from your husbands company?
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:36 pm
Mrs O

You and me both!!

The issue seems to be proving the status of his new role in the US, I guess because its a relatively small company! But his role does meet, in fact exceed, the requirements!

Couple of people have suggested that USCIS are trying to find a way of saying yes, hence the second RFE, but I am not convienced!

I guess its better than a no though!!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

Couple of people have suggested that USCIS are trying to find a way of saying yes, hence the second RFE, but I am not convienced!
Exactly! you will be fine, if they was going to send an 'intent to deny' they probably would have done so by now. (dont worry)
Old Jun 11th 2010, 12:58 pm
Mrs O

Default Re: L1A / L2 Visa application UPDATE

So here is the latest on our LIA visa application!

We got our 2nd RFE two weeks ago and the additional info was submitted a week ago today.

So now we are waiting once again for a decision!

I am just glad the World Cup starts today, at least I have something to distract me for the next month!!

Good luck to everyone else who is going through this process.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute

You have my sympathy, it is unbelievably stressful. In our case, we actually already had L1 & L2 visas, and were already living in the US, but because the company my husband works for changed ownership, we had to reapply for our visas. Application came back with an RFE, lawyers advised that most times the application fails. We have had to come back to the UK and reapply from scratch. The visas have now been approved, going back to the US in a few days. The old visas have been marked as 'cancelled without prejudice', not sure if that means we have to declare it any time we get asked if we have ever had a visa cancelled. The whole process has been very stressful and I think it will also mean I will have to wait another 3 months before applying for the EAD.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MadRad
... not sure if that means we have to declare it any time we get asked if we have ever had a visa cancelled.
The question usually asks about denials, not cancellations.

I will have to wait another 3 months before applying for the EAD.
New visa, new EAD... yup!

Ian
Old Jun 21st 2010, 8:12 pm
Mrs O

Well everyone, our L1A Petition has been approved, my husband company have the approval notice and will be fedexing it too us later this week.

So next step, interview in London!!

I am in shock!!

How quickly can we book our appointment??? What do we need to book it??

All advice, as always, is most welcome.

OMG!!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

kiwi_wait is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Mrs Owen!
Bet that a load off the ole shoulders.

Sheesh, if premium processing took that long, it makes me wonder how long ill be waiting with standard processing.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 6:40 am
Account Closed

Well everyone, our L1A Petition has been approved, my husband company have the approval notice and will be fedexing it too us later this week.

So next step, interview in London!!

I am in shock!!

How quickly can we book our appointment??? What do we need to book it??

All advice, as always, is most welcome.

OMG!!
Congratulations! Mrs Owen
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:06 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

ask the company if they can scan and email the copy - as they might ask for numbers off the form to book the interview? (worst case).

You want to try and book the interview as soon as you clap eyes on the paper- so you can get the best possible slot for you. ie the longer you wait to book then possibly the longer the wait for the interview.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:38 am
Just Joined

LFC4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow !!! congratulations!
I know how it feels to be waiting for things, having been put through the administrative processing for a couple of weeks.
Good luck with the embassy visit