L1A / L2 Visa application

Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:20 pm
Mrs O

MrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really nice
Default L1A / L2 Visa application

Well, after more than 6 months of meetings, discussions etc my husbands L1A Visa application has finally been submitted this morning by his company attorneys. The company have paid for priority processing so we should know the outcome in the next two weeks.

I am so excited right now and nervous, we have been talking about this move for over a year now so it seems insane that in 2 weeks we willknow if we are moving or not.

I have seen some posts from people recently who've had approvals within 3 or days, how likely is that?

OMG, I want to jump up and down but I at the same time I just have everything crossed that it all gets approved - I am a control freak so this whole process has been hugely testing for me as I am the one going on the L2so I haven't been able to do a thing!

AGGGGGHHHHHH!

Any advice on how i keep myself sain for the next 2 weeks??
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:48 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1A / L2 Visa application

Drink heavily.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 10:52 pm
Mrs O

MrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really niceMrsOwen is just really nice

Great response, have tried that this evening although I am coming down with a cold so i am off to bed now with a lemsip!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 3:12 pm
Mrs O

OK, so we are now 7 / 8 days in to the priority processing timescales and still haven't heard anything!

Is there a typical waiting time on priority processing?

Do many people not hear until the 13th / 14th day?

This waiting is not good!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Desinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud ofDesinflorida has much to be proud of

Perhaps some good news on return of visas once you have been to the embassy for interviews. Had our interviews last Tuesday and got our passports containing the visas back this morning. 4 working days. You may be surprised how quickly it all moves once you get the ball rolling. Good luck.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:53 pm
Mrs O

Thank you, just feels like we've been waiting forever, and I just want to know now!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:00 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsOwen
OK, so we are now 7 / 8 days in to the priority processing timescales and still haven't heard anything!

Is there a typical waiting time on priority processing?

Do many people not hear until the 13th / 14th day?

This waiting is not good!
Comment: counting days is the path to madness. The day the application is received is day zero. With premium processing, be assured that by day 15, there will be a denial, a RFE or an approval.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:21 pm
Mrs O

Thank you. I am just getting impatient now!! Been talking about this for 15 months now so these last few days seem to be taking forever.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

rew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud ofrew1000 has much to be proud of

One of the things I learnt in our move was that there's such a thing as the right amount of patience. There are so many things to wait for that if you're naturally impatient you'll go mad. On the other hand, there have been several times where I've tried to be patient, only to discover that when I finally gave in and starting chasing, there had been some glitch. Just think of it as character-building!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 5:01 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, I know the wait seems like forever, just enjoy the time you have left in England!!!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:06 am
Mrs O

Default Re: L1A / L2 Visa application - UPDATE****

Ok so on day 11 of priority processing we get told our decision was...............an RFE! How annoying is that.

My husbands co don't seem worried though and have confimed that they will have the additional information back to USICS by c.o.b Tuesday.

But what I have no idea about is what happens then?

Do they have to respond within certain timescales?

If they have only requested basic info that can easily be provided, which seems to be the case, is that a good sign??

So many questions and more waiting!!

Aggggghhhhhhh!

All comments / advice welcome, anything to keep me sain!
Old Apr 25th 2010, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically the 15 day time scale starts again, so ie as soon as they receive the extra evidence, for arguments sake they receive it on tues 27th april, the 15 days start again.
many cases have RFE, dont worry
Old Apr 25th 2010, 4:48 pm
Mrs O

Thank you goldenstar, that is good to know.

I must say I will be so glad when we finally get a decision!
Old May 12th 2010, 8:12 am
Mrs O

Ok so its now 1 month and 3 days since our L1A application was submitted! Got an RFE on the 23rd April but additional info wasn't submitted by our lawyers until last Thursday.

That means potentially we could be waiting until end of next week for a decision!

OMG this process seems to take forever!

Has anyone else had an RFE? Did your petition get approved? How long did it take?

Any thought or advice would be really welcome as I am starting to go crazy now!
Old May 12th 2010, 9:04 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsOwen
Ok so its now 1 month and 3 days since our L1A application was submitted! Got an RFE on the 23rd April but additional info wasn't submitted by our lawyers until last Thursday.

That means potentially we could be waiting until end of next week for a decision!

OMG this process seems to take forever!

Has anyone else had an RFE? Did your petition get approved? How long did it take?

Any thought or advice would be really welcome as I am starting to go crazy now!
Calm down!
RFE happen often. Most times its for information that has already been provided
or often silly things like lease agreement etc etc
dont worry!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.