L1A/L2 to Green Card questions

Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of
Default Re: L1A/L2 to Green Card questions

Originally Posted by Kats.
My husband finally got some info - the lawyers were going to put it through as EB3 (there was some confusion as the company changed lawyers recently and it seems they didn't look at his documents properly) but after he questioned this, they have asked for some more information from him for EB1. Pretty big processing time difference between EB1 and EB3 so hopefully once they've got more documentation, they will be able to do it as EB1.
One would hope that it will be EB-1, as it avoids PERM (Labor Cert), which also adds to the timeframes.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Kats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheCynick
One would hope that it will be EB-1, as it avoids PERM (Labor Cert), which also adds to the timeframes.
Weirdly, they've already advertised for the job etc for that part of it (my husband did question it at the time...)!
Old Apr 14th 2012, 3:21 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Devil can be in the details at times. Do note that there are three flavors of "EB-1" classification. The first is for Superman. The second is for outstanding professors and researchers. The intra-company transfer one is the third.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

IanH88 has a spectacular aura aboutIanH88 has a spectacular aura aboutIanH88 has a spectacular aura about

I came over on an L1 last summer and have recently applied for a GC, the submission went in at the end of March, I've been told to expect a minimum of 4 months and possibly up to a year to get the GC in hand by our immigration lawyer.

The paperwork is pretty extensive and takes some time to compile, none of it is particularly taxing, just that you end up answering the same question 29 times

I'll keep you posted on how long it takes
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Kats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really niceKats. is just really nice

Originally Posted by IanH88
I came over on an L1 last summer and have recently applied for a GC, the submission went in at the end of March, I've been told to expect a minimum of 4 months and possibly up to a year to get the GC in hand by our immigration lawyer.

The paperwork is pretty extensive and takes some time to compile, none of it is particularly taxing, just that you end up answering the same question 29 times

I'll keep you posted on how long it takes
Great, thanks!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

we submitted ours (L1A) March 28. nothing showing on USCIS website yet, but we got our biometric appt letter today. me 3pm may 15th wife 8am May 16th !!! nice one
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
we submitted ours (L1A) March 28. nothing showing on USCIS website yet, but we got our biometric appt letter today. me 3pm may 15th wife 8am May 16th !!! nice one
Exciting! What happens at the biometric appointment?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Exciting! What happens at the biometric appointment?
They take digital fingerprints and a photo.

Rene
Old Apr 25th 2012, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

My husband was L1A and family all L2s. We applied Dec 2010 and had our GC May 2011. It was very straightforward. That was the Texas Service Centre. The only pain involved was the fact I had to have a whole load of vaccinations!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
They take digital fingerprints and a photo.

Rene
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Lazzza
My husband was L1A and family all L2s. We applied Dec 2010 and had our GC May 2011. It was very straightforward. That was the Texas Service Centre. The only pain involved was the fact I had to have a whole load of vaccinations!
Great, so fast. (And yes, I'm not looking forward to the vaccinations either!) The company lawyers are currently getting the paperwork together so hopefully our applications will be submitted in a few weeks.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

FinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond reputeFinnDiego has a reputation beyond repute

Just got my green card today (yay!), so for the curious here's the timeline:

I-140 filed October 27
I-140 receipt November 14
I-140 approval January 9
I-485 filed February 6
I-485 receipt February 21
Biometrics appointment April 5
Approval dated April 21 and received today \o/

This is L1-A to permanent resident under EB-1 "multinational manager".

Our lawyers also wanted to file for EAD and AP at the same time with I-485, and those are still very much in progress. A lot of good that was...
Old Apr 26th 2012, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FinnDiego

I-140 filed October 27
I-140 approval January 9
I-485 filed February 6

Our lawyers also wanted to file for EAD and AP at the same time with I-485, and those are still very much in progress. A lot of good that was...
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your timeline, very useful.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FinnDiego

I-140 filed October 27
I-140 approval January 9
I-485 filed February 6

interesting and very quick. our biometrics have come thru before anything else ! did file 140 and 485 concurrently though
Old Apr 29th 2012, 1:27 am
Just Joined

yorkshire_geek is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My husband and I moved to California in June last year with his company sponsoring us - he has the L1A visa and I have L2. The company is now also sponsoring us for green cards and is getting the paperwork together to submit the applications.

I've got a few questions: does anyone have any recent experience of how long the applications take (with immigration I mean, after the company has submitted the paperwork)? Also, do you have to have a medical examination for these applications (and if so, what do they involve?)? Thanks!
Hello from California too! I moved here on L1A and my spouse on L2, and two children on L2. The longest wait to apply for GC was persuading the company to do it, so you doing it now in less than a year is good going, it took me 3 years, and then getting the priority of overloaded corporate immigration attorney. WE had gaps in our immunisation history and it took jabs and waiting for tests, that alone was I think 6 weeks.

You are aware that there is a period from when the forms are submitted til you're permitted to leave USA? Apply for Advance Parole. In my case I had an international trip planned and I had to delay application til I returned. The AP cards arrived a couple of days after our biometric scanning which was about a month after USCIS applications, so you're trapped in ISA for a month-ish from applying.

However once the paperwork was with the US Gov in late-November, the GCs are in our hands now in late April, so 5 months total.

The advice I will give might be a little unique to the UK, and if we'd known then likely have saved at least a month or two, is some of our birth certificates were the "short" kind, which doesn't list the father's name. Some of this because we lost original BC and got a short-form copy, some just got a short-form initially anyway. We had to go online and pay for UK Gov to post us long-form. Once they got scanned+posted to USCIS then we got approval very quickly after.

We also got asked for better more legible copies of the I.D with the photos showing, I didn't see the copies the attorney made, but I made the requested copies myself and I scanned high-res and printed enlarged.

No interviews, just RFE (Request for Evidence) for birth certificates and better photo-page scans.

If the attorney had known this before and done it better, I guess the 5 months would be 3-4 months type, so the 4 months typical we see for L1A to GC.

If I'd know all of what I know now, I could have shortened the process 6 probably months overall (waiting for medical, waiting for travel to complete, correcting bad documents).
Old Apr 29th 2012, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshire_geek
You are aware that there is a period from when the forms are submitted til you're permitted to leave USA?
You are always allowed to leave the US - after all, you're not a prisoner ()... but you need AP to return without the US government thinking you have abandoned the AOS process.

The AP cards arrived a couple of days after our biometric scanning which was about a month after USCIS applications, so you're trapped in ISA for a month-ish from applying.
Generally, it takes 3 months to get AP once the I-485 application is submitted... so one month is both pretty quick and a bit unusual.

However once the paperwork was with the US Gov in late-November, the GCs are in our hands now in late April, so 5 months total.
Excellent. Congratulations!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.