Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1A to Greencard. I140 approved - nearly there!

L1A to Greencard. I140 approved - nearly there!

Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:30 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1A to Greencard. I140 approved - nearly there!

Oh well, I'm more than happy to be told that it's totally untrue, it's a statement that is made on the Trackitt forums often. Sorry for any misinformation but when you are told something often then you start to think there is something in it.

Originally Posted by sanfranwolf
Just got off the phone with my lawyer who says the same Folinskyinla.

ty.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Weasy
it's a statement that is made on the Trackitt forums often.
Be wary of anything on trackitt! Its a hotbed for BS and pseudo attorneys!

The previous comments about intent are correct, you need to show some degree of loyalty to current employer else it looks like you just got your GC to change jobs, which is not a good intent on filing. I don't know of how many people had issues here (i.e. leaving straight after GC and then getting into issues moving to a new employer).

Just a clarification point - the 180 days re the I-140 is actually something different.

After the I-140 is approved and the I-485 has been pending for 180 days, you are eligible to "port" to another employer, as long as you move into the same or a similar occupational classification as the position represented in the I-140. Assuming concurrent filing of both the I-140 and I-485, this works for most people.

Regarding me - I'm a couple of months behind some of you on here, so will watch with interest on how you progress! FYI, my EADs were approved within a week of filing (both me and OH). I'm on L1A.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:35 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, yes, I had noticed the BS on Trackitt but that issue came up so often I thought there was something to it.

So when did you file your application?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Weasy
Thanks for that, yes, I had noticed the BS on Trackitt but that issue came up so often I thought there was something to it.

So when did you file your application?
end of March 2009