Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1A to GC - estimates on how long?

L1A to GC - estimates on how long?

Old Oct 5th 2010, 12:17 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1A to GC - estimates on how long?

Originally Posted by mrsvic
Hey
They did the same as yours, a SLUD on my old I129, dd oct 3rd..
maybe they do see what happened on the previous app.
Why didnt you file the I485 concurrent?
I did not file the I-140, my employers lawyer did. That's what they advised at the time, I have 2.5 years on my L1a so there was no big rush, also I needed to go back to the UK to pick up documents that would have been needed for the I-485, so they just filled the I-140.

tht
Old Oct 5th 2010, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

Originally Posted by tht
I did not file the I-140, my employers lawyer did. That's what they advised at the time, I have 2.5 years on my L1a so there was no big rush, also I needed to go back to the UK to pick up documents that would have been needed for the I-485, so they just filled the I-140.

tht
oh ok, when u get your I-140 approved, i assume you have to submit your I-1485 before your L1a expires?
Old Oct 5th 2010, 1:41 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

oh ok, when u get your I-140 approved, i assume you have to submit your I-1485 before your L1a expires?
Yes, have everything else ready to go now for my I-485 including my medical and all the required documents.

tht
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

Originally Posted by tht
Yes, have everything else ready to go now for my I-485 including my medical and all the required documents.

tht
great, good luck with the application
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:40 pm
tht

great, good luck with the application
Same to you!!

tht
Old Oct 13th 2010, 5:58 pm
tht

Originally Posted by tht

tht
Got the rest of the rest of the paperwork together and my I-485, I-765 and I-131 were sent to Texas SC today by the lawyers.. (added to trakkit under L1A2GC)

tht
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
Got the rest of the rest of the paperwork together and my I-485, I-765 and I-131 were sent to Texas SC today by the lawyers.. (added to trakkit under L1A2GC)

tht
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

AnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to allAnjLeicestershire is a name known to all

less than 4 months for me and my family.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:14 pm
tht

Things seem to have slowed down a bit with the move to using "Lockbox's" My I-485, I-765 and I-131 were received 3 weeks ago yesterday (and I am yet to revive a receipt notice). The lawyers that prepared these say this is "usual" at the moment. I have spoken to USCIS directly and they just say wait...

tht
Old Nov 12th 2010, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

I'm joining you on the L1A (or L2 in my case) to GC bench. We received notification today from H's company that the I-140 has been filed
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:00 pm
tht

EAD got approved on Friday, still waiting on the AP and GC....

tht