L1A to GC EB1(c)

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

SuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to allSuperOwls is a name known to all
Default Re: L1A to GC EB1(c)

Originally Posted by kodokan
Our filing for EB1(c) went in about 3 weeks ago, got the biometrics appointments letters today with appts for Oct 25th. Will let you know what happens next - it'd be brilliant to get the GCs for Christmas, in a 'Santa came early' way, although I'm not holding my breath.
Yes I wouldn't hold your breath, they are currently processing applications filed on the 11th Feb according to the USCIS website.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

super owls is right, but the dates are off.. I was 28th March and got a reply 18 sept, so allow approx 6 months
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
super owls is right, but the dates are off.. I was 28th March and got a reply 18 sept, so allow approx 6 months
Just checked on the tracking website, and Nebraska Service Center - where we're being processed through - is saying 4 months for processing of I-485s. Does that mean 4 months from when the case first hits their desk, or from biometrics, or after any RFE - anyone know..?

Our cases are currently flagged under Acceptance, with Initial Review up next (I guess this'll be after they receive the biometrics data, to asses if we're criminals or not).
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to pee on your parade but the 4 months is what they may show (we had exactly the same) but it aint happening. although in your case it might be sooner, allow for nearer 6.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to pee on your parade but the 4 months is what they may show (we had exactly the same) but it aint happening. although in your case it might be sooner, allow for nearer 6.
Bah.

We're hoping to squeeze in before Feb 2013, as my son will be turning 13 then. This'll give us an easier ride in 5 years if we stay and decide to go for citizenship; otherwise he'll age out and have to do it himself.

Oh well, just have to wait and see, thanks for the heads-up!
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Got our EAD/ AP cards today, to my surprise since the biometrics appointments aren't for another 3 weeks, and I thought the cards would come after.

Also, we've had a second batch of bio appt letters come through, for our kids, who seem to need scanning even though they're only 12 and 8. Our appts are 25 October, the kids are 29 October, but the lawyers said to just take them along to ours, and usually the Service centre will do them at the same time, so we'll try that; if not, at least I'll know the way back a few days later.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

Lawyer responded to my simple RFE two weeks ago, they just wanted a link between UK and US so very simple, I thought we were going to get torn apart.

Doing the I-485 next week, done medicals this week, I am assuming that the fingerprints will be asked in approx 30 days to get this green card journey behind us in 2013!!!, I cant imagine the wait for EB2/EB3 must be torture with the current times shifting constantly...

fingers and everything else crossed for my I-140 approval next week!!!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

WOOHOO, EB1-C I-140 approved after 99 days with Audit, can now cancel my EB2 I-140. Hopefully greencards in 4-6 months!!!

good luck to the rest, I am ecstatic....Beer time it is
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kodokan
We're hoping to squeeze in before Feb 2013, as my son will be turning 13 then. This'll give us an easier ride in 5 years if we stay and decide to go for citizenship; otherwise he'll age out and have to do it himself.
Because of processing time for naturalization there's a significant chance that may occur anyway, even though you can (unless things change) file 3 months before becoming eligible. Also unless there's a chance USCIS give priority consideration to N-400 applications with a child shortly going to turn 18.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

digbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to all

Do kids age out at 18 or 21?? I am confused why the rush for the one child turning 18. I am in a similar situation with my eldest son will be 18.5 when he will be able to switch from his green card to a US passport.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by digbydog
Do kids age out at 18 or 21?? I am confused why the rush for the one child turning 18. I am in a similar situation with my eldest son will be 18.5 when he will be able to switch from his green card to a US passport.
18 - I doublechecked in the hope that it was 21, but no: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00b92ca60aRCRD

'There are two general ways to obtain citizenship through parents, one at birth and one after birth but before the age of 18.'

It's not really a big deal, more a minor admin annoyance, and all very moot at the moment - this is our third country of residence, so who knows where we'll actually be living in 5 years anyway!
Old Oct 14th 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

digbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to all

I guess this means my son who will be 18.5 will have to apply for citizenship on his "own" rather than with the rest of all family even though we are all able to start the process on the same day. I thought we all had to do separate forms anyway in the application. Not sure it is a big issue.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats, we are 2 weeks behind you so of course I will be cacking it next week !
any news for you yet?
Old Oct 16th 2012, 11:06 am
Just Joined

gofish is an unknown quantity at this point

Can my spouse enter the US on L-2 status and file her I-485 after my (principal applicant) I-485 has already been approved or pending?

The question arises because my wife does not want to leave her job in the UK and move to the US before getting a job there and I don't want to delay the EB-1C GC process as my employer is willing to start it immediately after I join on L-1A status.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 11:22 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gofish
Can my spouse enter the US on L-2 status and file her I-485 after my (principal applicant) I-485 has already been approved or pending?
While it's pending, yes... but not, I think, after it's been approved. Once it's been approved, you become a US PR which will supersede your L-1 visa... and she'll then need to be sponsored for an immigrant visa - and that'll take about year.

The question arises because my wife does not want to leave her job in the UK and move to the US before getting a job there...
How is she going to get a job in the US before she actually gets there? Even on an L-2, it'll take about 90 days for her to get an EAD... unless, of course, the company is willing to wait until she's authorized to work.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Oct 16th 2012 at 11:25 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.